• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

All international inbound travelers must show covid neg test within 3 days

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
So proof of vaccination will suffice if you don't have a negative covid test? I didn't see where it said that in the link. Did I miss it?

Also, do you need to have had covid within the prior three months (with a supporting doctor's note) in lieu of a current negative test, or is there no timeframe?
I didn’t see it either!

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Raintree Vacation Club is providing testing at the resorts in Cancun, Cabo, and Puerto Vallarta. Cost is $33 US and the appointment is set up at the time of check-in to resort and then the test will be administered 2 days before departure with the certificate returned to you the day before departure. If you you test positive, the resorts have a plan in place to provide care but that would be a guest's expense. I signed up for the Nova travel/medical insurance that would cover me if that should happen. I feel relieved of worry now. The resorts are doing everything in their power to keep everyone safe. My friends staying at the resort tell me that they are safer there than in Wisconsin. So I am going to PV in a couple weeks.

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Just received an email from Raintree/Club Regina Mexico resorts that says that they have an agreement with a local Hospital for onsite tests at $33US for all US guests.
Are you heading to a Club Regina resort soon? I will be in PV Club 2/5--3/24.

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Info for Riu Hotel resorts in Mexico:

SO THIS IS WHAT IS ON THE RIU RESORT WEBSITE:
Complimentary Covid-19 Antigen Test

On January 12, 2021, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) expanded the requirements for a negative COVID-19 test to all air passengers entering the United States.
In addition to our safety measures already in place, and effective January 26th, our guests will now be able to take the COVID-19 antigen test on site, before returning to the U.S. at no additional cost for all adults and children. This service is available at all our resorts in Mexico, Jamaica and Punta Cana and will be provided by an accredited medical testing lab that complies with the requirements of the CDC.
Test results will be received within 72 hours prior to departure as required by the CDC, in written and/or electronic format. Guests should contact the Front desk/Customer Service at each resort upon arrival to schedule departure testing.
In the unlikely event that a guest has been tested positive to COVID-19 during their stay, Riu Hotels will provide an extension at no cost of up to 10 days. Extended stay due to quarantine includes the guest plus travel companions sharing the same room. This policy is valid for travel through March 31, 2021.
Soon we will provide information regarding testing for Aruba & Costa Rica.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Info for Riu Hotel resorts in Mexico:

SO THIS IS WHAT IS ON THE RIU RESORT WEBSITE:
Complimentary Covid-19 Antigen Test

On January 12, 2021, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) expanded the requirements for a negative COVID-19 test to all air passengers entering the United States.
In addition to our safety measures already in place, and effective January 26th, our guests will now be able to take the COVID-19 antigen test on site, before returning to the U.S. at no additional cost for all adults and children. This service is available at all our resorts in Mexico, Jamaica and Punta Cana and will be provided by an accredited medical testing lab that complies with the requirements of the CDC.
Test results will be received within 72 hours prior to departure as required by the CDC, in written and/or electronic format. Guests should contact the Front desk/Customer Service at each resort upon arrival to schedule departure testing.
In the unlikely event that a guest has been tested positive to COVID-19 during their stay, Riu Hotels will provide an extension at no cost of up to 10 days. Extended stay due to quarantine includes the guest plus travel companions sharing the same room. This policy is valid for travel through March 31, 2021.
Soon we will provide information regarding testing for Aruba & Costa Rica.
WOW!

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
Posted today from UVC website regarding Villa Group/UVC resorts:

"January 16, 2021
Dear Member,

Considering the recent COVID19 testing requirements imposed by various countries, including the United States and Canada, we are committed to ensuring your vacations can continue worry-free. You are part of our family, and here at The Villa Group, there is nothing more important. Delivering extraordinary vacation experiences is our business. To make your vacation experience seamless, The Villa Group has coordinated offering discounted antigen and PCR testing at each of our resorts for visitors whose home countries require a negative testing result. Discounted pricing is estimated to be around $30.00 USD for antigen and $150.00 USD for PCR. Members who obtain their test will be provided a $30.00 USD resort credit per tested person, per stay, through March 31, 2021. All testing will be conveniently administered on-property by a testing professional from a certified and approved 3rd party laboratory so you can continue to enjoy your vacation with peace of mind. Upon completion of testing, member can select electronic results and obtain a printed copy obtained at reception upon departure.

In the event of a positive diagnosis, each resort has strict COVID19 protocols in place for a member to quarantine in the comforts of their guestroom and have coordinated with the best medical facilities should they be necessary. Members will be able to extend their stay using points or obtain a discounted member rate. The resort will also upgrade or downgrade the member based on availability and request. It is our priority to ensure that members are comfortable until they test with a negative result to depart following governmental and safety guidelines.

... Other marketing stuff deleted..."

FWIW

bbb

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Any word on solutions from Vistana / Marriott??

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Friendly reminder: The purpose of this thread is to post information about how Mexican resorts are helping travelers get tested to meet
new regulations. Please stick to that criteria rather than posting opinions on other aspects of covid.

Any other discussions of covid-related matters can be posted in the new covid forum in the TUG Lounge here: https://tugbbs.com/forums/forums/covid19-discussion.64/

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is a video pertinent to Cabo:

Most of the info provided is what we've already heard, but there are a couple of interesting new things I hadn't heard before: the possibility of a US doctor visiting Cabo administering the test themselves and additional requirements for those returning to Canada.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
WLR management said today that they are looking into providing covid testing for departing members. They have prospective contracts that the legal staff are examining.Tthey expect to be saying more about this soon. By way of perspective/context, Royal Resorts posted this:

"COVID-19 antigen and PCR tests are available at Royal Resorts

Starting on January 23, independent and authorized medical personnel will be carrying out the antigen nasal swab test in Gran Salon Sisal next to Hacienda Sisal Restaurant. The test is available Monday to Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost is $700 pesos per person if paid with Visa, Mastercard or American Express or $750 via PayPal and test results will be ready within 24 hours.

PCR tests will also be available for a cost of US$100 per person.

Please note that the aforementioned prices are exclusively for Royal Resorts members and guests and that tests will be performed as long as they are asymptomatic. Guests showing symptoms must remain in their villa or room and follow the doctor’s instructions.

You will be able to make your test appointment before your arrival; we will give you more details on this in the days to come.

Gran Salón Sisal was selected as the COVID test center because it has sufficient space for members and guests to wait in comfort and with social distancing measures."

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
This is good news. WLR is going to have to come up with some system to make it easy to test guests as competitor timeshares are already announcing plans.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is good news. WLR is going to have to come up with some system to make it easy to test guests as competitor timeshares are already announcing plans.
I’m checking into WLR tomorrow. I’ll see what I can find out when I’m there.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
I’m checking into WLR tomorrow. I’ll see what I can find out when I’m there.
We may see you. We are here now, departing on 27 Jan. As a back-up, in case Lagunamar doesn't their ducks in line before we leave, we have asked for a testing appointments with Amerimed. It's about $50 US for the antigen test per person, plus about $35 round trip taxi fare. PCR tests about double the costs. We can cancel our appointments if Lagunamar strikes a better deal.
As it stands now, getting an appointment early is a good idea, as test demand is reported to be saturating the Mexican medical labs. It used for be just Canadians who needed the tests, but starting on the 26th U.S. travelers will be adding to the queues.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are at WLR now. The concierge has made arrangements for us to get tested on Monday at 11:45 in our unit here at Lagunamar. Cost is 970 pesos or $50 US per person. Must be paid in cash.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
We are at WLR now. The concierge has made arrangements for us to get tested on Monday at 11:45 in our unit here at Lagunamar. Cost is 970 pesos or $50 US per person. Must be paid in cash.

Is it a PCR test?

HankW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SVV, WLR
There is a loophole with this CDC requirement. I hope it is not the American tourists burden to verify whether the rapid antigen test is real and not fake. Lab testing will be a huge business and the bad guys always want to join the big business.

Even tourists traveling with PRIVATE JET faked their tests: Tourists are buying fake covid-19 test results on the black market to travel - The Washington Post
How can we verify that the test agency/lab documentation will be accepted by the Airlines and/or point of entry?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
This cripples many economies. This will be horrible for Mexico and places like the Bahamas. I feel for those communities. So many will cancel their trips. How terrible

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The covid antigen test cost is $25 usd at the Villa properties. They give you a $30 usd resort credit for taking it. I think the pcr test cost is about $150 usd. I also heard of a facility near the airport that is charging $15 usd for the fast antigen test.

Bill

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
This first week of mandatory covid testing for American's returning from Mexico has many cancelling their Villa Group resorts trips in Cabo. I think the resort is between 30% and 40% occupied which makes it nice for us but not so nice for the resort in peak season.

The resort has on site testing with the antigen test costing $25 usd but you get a $30 usd resort credit for paying for the test. There is also a quick antigen test available near the airport for $15 usd.

So for American's it will be easy. Canadian's need to have the pcr test and that test cost $150 usd at the resort.

No Canadians seem to be here. They must be bundled up under some warm blankets.

Then there is the what if ? If you do test positive you can take another antigen test. If you actually get covid and are sick you better have insurance, imo.

Bill