• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

All 2008 Starwood Maintenance Fee Threads/merged (2/27)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
While nothing on MSC related to WSJ MFs - a post came along listing the WSJ MFs for 2008.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=459277&postcount=28

I hope this correct, because this is only a 1.8% increase for our 2Bd TH (although before I get too happy - I will wait for the final bill).

FOLLOW-UP:
Got our WSJ notice - it looks as if it is going to be the MF and a Replacement Reserve Fee (lucky us) - which is $174 - and the brings it to a whopping increase of 15% - but then again, I would have been willing to this much or the couch (and offered...). I will follow-up in Westin St John thread.
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=459419#post459419

Last edited:

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheraton Vistana ... Don't get me started...

My taxes and assessments were $1236 this year for my 2-bed in the Fountains. Boy was I a little miffed with this. And next year my fees are $714. I paid this year but am going to start paying $60 a month so that I am paid up early for next year and it doesn't hurt so much trying to come up with a large sum at one time.

MON2REY

TUG Member
Reaction score
SVN just posted my 2008 MFs on mystarcentral. They are $1,653.05 plus $113.53 (Membership Fee) plus an optional $5.00 for ARDA for a total of $1,771.58. Due date is 03/04/08. Just to clarify, the membership fee is for II, is that correct?

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
It is the SVN fee to be a member of the Starwood Vacation Network of resorts.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
It is for SVN, but II is included in that.

LauraS93

Reaction score
WSJ 2008 Maintenance Fees?

Did anyone receive their MF bill yet for 2008?

I have not. But today, I did go to mystarcentral.com and paid for them with my new American Express SPG credit card.:)

OUCH - these just keep going up year after year. Will it every end? :doh:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Did anyone receive their MF bill yet for 2008?

I have not. But today, I did go to mystarcentral.com and paid for them with my new American Express SPG credit card.:)

OUCH - these just keep going up year after year. Will it every end? :doh:

So you paid before they are due - they must love you... ;)

The WSJ MFs haven't been sent yet - the recent mailing lists the MFs but the board still needs to meet to approve. I believe they are meeting next week. Quite an interesting way to run a HOA - I say something is amiss.

I am not paying until the due date - which will likely be end of March.

The MFs pretty much stayed the same - they added an addional replacement fee. yes, I realize that it is the same outcome.

LauraS93

Reaction score
So you paid before they are due - they must love you... ;)

The WSJ MFs haven't been sent yet - the recent mailing lists the MFs but the board still needs to meet to approve. I believe they are meeting next week. Quite an interesting way to run a HOA - I say something is amiss.

I am not paying until the due date - which will likely be end of March.

The MFs pretty much stayed the same - they added an addional replacement fee. yes, I realize that it is the same outcome.

I thought it'd be a good idea to pay as I just secured renters and wanted everything in line. My billing cycle with AXP just started so I won't actually have to pay until early April. :whoopie:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
did you pay the amount listed on MSC?
very glad to hear that the renting worked out.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Westin Mission Hills MF

I noticed that the MF is 1400 and includes some items for assessments. Will the MF go back down after assessment?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Per MSC - It looks as if we finaly have a due date for WSJ MFs - 3/31/2008.
Now they just have to populate the Amount Owed field...

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
MFs for WSJ VG (Hillside) have finally been sent (officially) - due 3/31/08

Studio: $912.65
1Bd: $1216.91
2Bd TH: $1521.17 (a 15% increase over 2007)
2Bd Prem: $1825.31
3Bd: $1825.43

This does not include SVN fee or ARDA.

It is unclear as to whether this 15% increase includes a Replacement Reserve increase to pay for a refurbish plan that is scheduled for 8/15-11/28/08. It appeared that way in the first newsletter that was sent out in January as an item expense. I will post more on the WSJ thread.

I am not paying our MFs until 3/31/08.

WINSLOW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering about the M/F's at WSJ and Harborside.
On top of the M/F's above does WSJ have a seperate bill for taxes? or are taxes included with the M/F's? I thought I read somewhere (can't remember where and can't find it now) that taxes were billed seperate and that they are high. Are Harborside's taxes billed seperately too. I'm just trying to find out what the actual yearly fees might be compared to each other and how fast they're going up.
Thanks for any help
Crystal

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Here are a couple recent posts:

MFs for WSJ VG (Hillside) have finally been sent (officially) - due 3/31/08

Studio: $912.65
1Bd: $1216.91
2Bd TH: $1521.17 (a 15% increase over 2007)
2Bd Prem: $1825.31
3Bd: $1825.43

This does not include SVN fee or ARDA.

It is unclear as to whether this 15% increase includes a Replacement Reserve increase to pay for a refurbish plan that is scheduled for 8/15-11/28/08. It appeared that way in the first newsletter that was sent out in January as an item expense. I will post more on the WSJ thread.

I am not paying our MFs until 3/31/08.

harborside mf's 2008
just got the budget for 2008 and thank goodness it did not go up too much. 1 br deluxe $1200.54 1 br prem 1287.44 and 2 br l/o 2323.53. it went up less than $100 from 2007.

I am also going to move your post to that thread.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Hi, I was wondering about the M/F's at WSJ and Harborside.
On top of the M/F's above does WSJ have a seperate bill for taxes? or are taxes included with the M/F's? I thought I read somewhere (can't remember where and can't find it now) that taxes were billed seperate and that they are high. Are Harborside's taxes billed seperately too. I'm just trying to find out what the actual yearly fees might be compared to each other and how fast they're going up.
Thanks for any help
Crystal

For WSJ - the taxes are billed separately - the tax bill for 2006 (yes - 2006) have not been sent out yet. This Tax Bill comes from the USVI Gov't - gotta love island time.

There is an upcoming increase in TS taxes for the USVI - still being argued about.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Thanks Glorian!

:hi:
This what I show in mystarcentral for 2008 (excludes the SVN fee):

Small one bedroom: $463.31

Large one bedroom: $546.04

The annoying thing about SDO is that the mf for the large & small one bedroom total up to significantly more than the mf for the 2 bd LO (although, since I don't own a LO, I don't have the exact total for that).

Glorian

:hi:

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheraton Vistana Villages - Key West - Large One Bedroom

Does anyone know what the maintenance fees are for a large one bedroom in the Key West phase??

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to the pricing sheet that was emailed to me from Starwood - it's $860. I'm not sure if that's inclusive of taxes and SVN fee or not.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Those developer price lists are posted in Owner Resources, for future reference.