• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Alaska Airlines adds MVP Gold 100K FF program status

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In February 2022 Alaska is rolling out a new top level FF status level, MVP Gold 100K. Previously the highest status has been MVP Gold 75K. A summary of benefits and perks is below. If you go to the webpage, you many need to scroll down, and there are separate links for perks on Alaska and Oneworld.

There isn't a huge difference in perks right now. 100K members go to the top of the priority list for complimentary upgrades, they get 25% more bonus miles than 75Ks, if they're in Coach they get a complimentary food service, and they can get two international upgrade certificates on American Airlines (instead of one for 75Ks). Both 75K and 100k are Emerald status in Oneworld. The announcements says that additional perks for 100K members will be rolled out in 2022, though.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
There is negligible chance we'll ever fly enough for 100K status. However, the extension of current elite status and other measures to keep elite status are very welcome.
We've made it easier for you to get to status for 2022. Earn 50% more Mileage Plan elite-qualifying miles (EQM)  for Alaska Airlines flights now extended through December 31, 2021. No registration required. For members who held elite status as of January 1, 2021 that are unable to re-qualify by year end 2021, we will extend your status through April 30, 2022***. You'll have another opportunity to retain your status by flying January - April 2022. Look for more details later this year.
We made gold for the first time in 2019 and would likely miss the lowest MVP by a bit in 2021 but for the extra help. Alaska Airlines rocks.
The extension is only available for current elite holders who all got an email so this info is useless for everyone else.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A good friend qualified for Alaska 75K Gold last weekend. He has a very good shot at the 100K before year-end. I wouldn't give a plugged nickel for AA international after they lost our bags last month.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
A good friend qualified for Alaska 75K Gold last weekend. He has a very good shot at the 100K before year-end. I wouldn't give a plugged nickel for AA international after they lost our bags last month.
I made Gold 75K for the first time in 2019. That got extended into 2021, but it's doubtful that I will make it even with the extension. I'm on track to be MVP Gold though.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I’m at 39,000 miles and have a flight to Hawaii at the end of October to Hawaii. That will bump me to Gold again and wife to MVP again. I might have gotten close to 75k had Alaska not cancelled the SAN-FLL and LAX-TPA routes. The rental car issue didn’t help. I used to rent a car for $50 and drive to a further airport so I could get the non stop. Not worth it at $150.