• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Airport Transportation on St. Maarten

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
We'll be going to Divi Little Bay Resort on St. Maarten at the end of January. We were there a couple of years ago and rented a car. We're not planning on renting one this time. Does anyone know what a cab right might cost? Are there any alternatives?

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I can't recall specifically but I'm thinking about $20. We always rent a car, but have used a cab in addition to the rental when we had 5 of us and too much luggage to fit all 5 and bags into a sedan size rental. The cab fares are set by zone and if you take a cab from the official guy who lines them up at the airport, you'll be sure to get a registered one. There are also regular cabs who wait by Divi especially on Saturday for airport returns. I'm not aware of any other option than a cab. There is bus service on the island but probably not convenient enough to do the trip to Divi.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
We will be arriving in St. Martin in two weeks on our first return trip since Irma. We normally stay on Simpson Bay Beach, but this time will be staying in Porto Cupecoy. We always rent a car, and this time is no exception, since we typically stay for 2 to 3 weeks and it is not only much more convenient but usually cheaper, too. We have never used the taxis, but there have been several posts on this topic on the TA St. Martin/St Maarten forum over the years. Taxis are readily available right outside arrivals, as stmartinfan points out. I have not been able to locate a recent fare chart online, but found this helpful commentary from Frommer (not sure how recent it is):

The official fares are for two passengers during regular hours. Late evening or late night fares are higher. They indicate the first piece of luggage is included, but there is a $1 surcharge for additional pieces. Divi Little Bay is probably in the Philipsburg zone, so it appears the base price would be $15 USD from SXM. If you are intending to stay mostly close to the resort, the taxi could well save you some money. The buses are small passenger vans with set routes, but not set times. They are mostly designed for locals to go about their business, so with luggage they are probably not that convenient. They are cheap, so might be an option to go somewhere while on the island. They have a sign in the front indicating their ultimate destination. You just flag them down, is how I understand it works. According to Frommer the cost is $2 per trip per person.