• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Airport Shuttle and Car Rental

Oggimon

Reaction score
We've been going to our Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach timeshare for six years now, but I've always wondered if we're getting a good deal on our airport shuttle. We always book through PBSB, but it's very expensive. Any recommendations for alternatives?

And this year, we want to rent a car, probably just for a few days out of our two weeks there. Also looking for good recommendations here.

Thanks in advance.

nsstampqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind a shared shuttle - check out www.cabosanlucastours.net they offer transportation to most resorts in the area at a decent price - we book through them and it works great. We stay in San Jose so the price is low and the trip is short, we're usually one of the first ones off so no stop, wait, stop, wait, etc.

I believe it's through TransCabo which is a great company! You can book one way, or both ways - depending on the resort and the taxi cartel rules. We have to take a taxi back, which is ok but would rather take a shuttle.

The website also offers private transportation at a reduced rate (which still seems expensive to me).

Someone else will probably chime in about rental cars - there's a fellow named Dominic who is very highly regarded for rental cars - check out this forum for people who have had experience with him - also you can check the forum for Cabo San Lucas on Trip Advisor for more info on him as well (someone should be able to put you in touch with him - I don't know much more than this).

dmiller1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Car Rental

We just returned from Cabo. We rented a minivan from Luis at Alamo Car Rental. He was referred to me on the Trip Advisor Forum. The cost of the rental was $420 (inclusive of the mandatory third party insurance). We had no problems at all with the rental and the minivan was sufficient for our party of six.

kathyj0205

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are also looking at airport transportation from PBSB, but only one way. The prices seem outrageous. Can we simply call a taxi at checkout? I know that the taxi union is crazy in Cabo, and when I checked Transcabo they don't even offer an option for one way. Any help is really appreciated.

kathy

kathyj0205

TUG Member
Reaction score
I contacted Transcabo, and they can do it for 25$ per person, which doesn't seem bad to me after seeing some of these other prices. We are still checking Cape something ( my friend is in charge of that one). The only thing I am concernted about is whether PBSB will let these companies on the property. I guess I just go with it, and trust that it will work out.:)

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
There is a company with really nice Suburbans right at SJD. It cost something like $75.00 each way for up to 6 people. It is way better than the shuttle as they use the toll road and its a really nice, leather seats type Suburban

There have been a bunch of threads on this company. I just don;t remember right now..

newportbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
We go to PB Sunset 2x a year. I have always done a rental car, although outside USA I normally do not drive. The cost of the shuttle to and from Cabo equals the cost of a rental. I could not survive without at least one trip to Costco, a drive to a smoke location, one or two trips for lunch or dinner out. Oh yes trips to the golf course. Go on line and none holiday car rentals are $200 to $400 with insurance depending on the size of the car.

PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We, too, always rent a car and have found the cost for an economy car to be quite reasonable. We let the Mastercard/Visa insurance cover the vehicle itself and purchase 3rd party liability (unless we rent from Avis; they include 3rd party liability in the price quoted). We've always managed to get an economy car for a week for around $150.00, provided we book the car from the U.S. The prices are definately less from the U.S. and the best deals are for week-long rentals. We reserve as soon as we know we're going, and then we check again and again for better rates and re-book when we find them. Car rental rates change through out the day (just as airline fares do) and they change from day to day, so it's worth checking and re-checking again and again.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We used Cielito Lindo last August for our party of six. They were great and we highly recomend them.