• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Airlines dropping service at least temporarily

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Source:Travel and Leisure magazine

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a time I used to fly between DFW and Hot Springs AR on one of those mandated routes. Often I was the only passenger on the flight...

George

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
The article is somewhat misleading, at least in the case of Jet Blue and ABQ. They only had one flight per day from ABQ to JFK (and return). From the article it sounds like they are pulling this route, therefore shutting down operations. In communications with Jet Blue this is not true. Instead of running this flight daily currently it will run several days a week. If you look at their schedule further out, like September, they are back to having the flight daily.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Poor Aspen! Losing both American & Delta.
Will they sing, "Don't cry for me, Colorado?"

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
The article is somewhat misleading, at least in the case of Jet Blue and ABQ. They only had one flight per day from ABQ to JFK (and return). From the article it sounds like they are pulling this route, therefore shutting down operations. In communications with Jet Blue this is not true. Instead of running this flight daily currently it will run several days a week. If you look at their schedule further out, like September, they are back to having the flight daily.
Hi there... sorry if this is inaccurate. I saw the article in Travel and Leisure. Perhaps it's been updated since the article was written?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aspirational: they are hoping to fly daily in September, but they probably won't.

I am not sure why demand is going to increase between now and then. If anything, leisure travel will go down (assuming some schools meet in-person) and at least in my corner of the business world there are no in-person meetings planned at least through the end of 2020, and probably longer.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Hi there... sorry if this is inaccurate. I saw the article in Travel and Leisure. Perhaps it's been updated since the article was written?
I don't know if I'd say inaccurate, just misleading. But heck the newscasters on the local news out of Albuquerque were reporting the same thing. Jet Blue pulling out of ABQ. No flights at all. Not true, they do still have flights.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd say inaccurate, just misleading. But heck the newscasters on the local news out of Albuquerque were reporting the same thing. Jet Blue pulling out of ABQ. No flights at all. Not true, they do still have flights.
I'm glad to hear there are flights available. Thx for updating Luanne!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I am not sure why demand is going to increase between now and then. If anything, leisure travel will go down (assuming some schools meet in-person) and at least in my corner of the business world there are no in-person meetings planned at least through the end of 2020, and probably longer.

Just for grins, I checked some prices on flights in the next 60 days and using the few itineraries I searched as a point of reference, prices are exponentially higher on routes starting from smaller cities than they were prior to COVID-19. That is not going to help bring travelers back...
It appears prices on travel between larger cities will be price competitive very quickly but for those of us who are primarily served by a smaller airport, affordable travel might mean a return to the days of driving a few hours to a nearby larger city in order to find better fares OR crossing zone lines (if those still exist).

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... It appears prices on travel between larger cities will be price competitive very quickly but for those of us who are primarily served by a smaller airport, affordable travel might mean a return to the days of driving a few hours to a nearby larger city...

Even if icosts are similar, hubs get NS's and better times than locals.
In December, I'll drive two hours to Orlando for a N/S flight to SLC.
At my local airport, I woulda had to leave at 6am and stop in ATL.