• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AirFrance?

ilisao

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad you made your connection, because we missed our ours when we went to Spain last month! We were assured by no less than 5 Air France employees that we'd make our connection. We landed at 11:40am and had to make a 12:30 flight. Our daughter was sick the entire flight from Baltimore to Paris - it was a 6 barf bag flight. After we took the shuttle to the terminal, went through passport control, hauled our butts to the next terminal and went through security (all the while carrying a 4 year old and sick 6 year old), we arrived at our gate at 12:15pm. They told us we could not go out to the plane at that time and that we could take the next flight to Malaga. Oh, by the way, that flight is at 7:45pm. I begged, pleaded, and nothing would budge them. So, we spent a lovely day in the airport. Our daughter slept most of the time and was feeling fine after that. I do have to say, however, my kids loved the inflight entertainment system.

hibbeln

TUG Member
Reaction score
The inflight entertainment system in the seats were great, though the only "kiddish" movie was "The Corpse Bride" on ours. Northwest has a better selection, usually, for kids. My 8 year old sat and watched all the cartoons, even the ones that were only in French. My 10 year old played game after game of chess. It really saves the day with kids! I played so much solitaire on the system my eyes were crossing.

There is no way we would have made it if we were carrying smaller children. That is a LONG run through the airport, isn't it?! Luckily my boys are old enough that when I said "RUN!" they ran! My mother-in-law was along and she was quite a way behind us, but figured as long as she could keep us in sight and we got to the gate to hold the plane....

I got really frustrated with the number of security checks we had to go through. I wish they would figure out some way to just check you REALLY WELL once and not 3 or 4 times over.

I was just glad that our connection GOING to Malaga was long enough (close to 2 hours planned, and was actually more like 3 1/2 hours because our connecting plane was late) and it was the flight home that was the close call. I don't mind missing a flight coming home, but would hate to delay my vacation.

I hope you had euros in your pockets when you arrived in Paris. That is a bugger of an airport to try to find an ATM machine. I really feel for you with the sick kids. I can't imagine anything worse. On the flight home, I started feeling sick about 2 hours left in the flight. The last hour I was seriously contemplating the barf bag, but grit my teeth so I wouldn't have to suffer the embarrassment. We landed in Detroit and I sprinted off the plane to the nearest bathroom and barfed. Barfed going through immigration. Barfed in the baggage claim. Oooooh, that was a long ride home from the airport. The last day in Spain we went to Morocco on a "Moroccan Fantasy" tour that included a Berber/Bedouin market town....it was raining and the streets were ankle deep in mud and excrement.....and then my 8 year old's shoes came untied. So I tied them for him and frantically tried to clean my hands back on the bus with a wet wipe. Obviously I didn't make them operating room clean because 24 hours later my own little gastrointestinal "Moroccan Fantasy" struck! So I ended up with a day blowing out one end and the next two days (and counting) blowing out the other end. Sigh. :eek:

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
CDG Connection

Debi,

Good for you!!! It is a hike to the other terminals.

The "Sprint" must have been with you!

Enjoy the vacation. :)

Cheers,

Paul