• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AI Stevie Wonder night

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
So how do you think everyone did last night? The evening started off horribly IMO. I liked Bucky--I liked his hair, too. (Seems Simon was commenting about the stylists as much as the contestants.) I also liked Mandisa and about 4 others--but names escape me at the moment. Kevin aimed a great zinger at Simon. Who's going home?

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If it weren't for votefortheworst.com, it would be Kevin going home. He was so bad it was painful. It was like watching a bad horror movie -- so bad it was entertaining.

I agree that the evening started out badly. We almost turned it off after the first half. Even Mandisa was only so-so. But the last 3 performances were very good, better, best.

Malibu Sky

Reaction score
Blues said:
If it weren't for votefortheworst.com, it would be Kevin going home. He was so bad it was painful. It was like watching a bad horror movie -- so bad it was entertaining.
I just read this morning that William Hung's Christmas album sold more than Fantasia's debut album!! This is all about entertainment...good or bad!!

Ann-Marie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
I think Ace or Elliott will go tonight. I only thought that Paris and the last contestant (forgot his name) were really good.

senorak

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't bother watching the second half of the contestants b/c the first ones were so bad. I'm still ticked that "House" is always pre-empted for Idol......there's no way the show needs to be 2 hours long!!!

DEB

Ann-Marie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
I love Idol, but I am also ticked that "House" is pre-empted because of Idol.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Whoever selected Stevie Wonder songs should be shot. They were awful selections- mid range with 5-6 notes- nothing to allow anyone to show their pipes- miserable indeed. He is a great songwriter and sings fine but his tunes are very hard to sing and not at all suited for these contestants. It was, for me, the BOMB quite literally and I turned it off.

Mosca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Blues said:

I agree that the evening started out badly. We almost turned it off after the first half. Even Mandisa was only so-so. But the last 3 performances were very good, better, best.

I enjoy VFTW, but I wouldn't get all excited about them. There are over 40 million votes cast on a typical show. There aren't enough people organized at VFTW to make that much of a difference, in my opinion. If there were a thousand people from VFTW each making 40 calls in a two hour period for Kevin Covais, that would be .1% of the total. I'm sceptical that participation there is even that much. Most people who are cynical about the show don't bother to vote at all.

My wife absolutely LOVES Kevin. And so do a lot of women I work with. I guess a lot of people see him as the amateur going up against the pros.

Tom

iluvwdw

Reaction score
Mosca said:
My wife absolutely LOVES Kevin. And so do a lot of women I work with. I guess a lot of people see him as the amateur going up against the pros.

Tom

I love him, too. I know he's not the best, but I do like him.

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I agree that Steveie Wonder songs were not exactly the best to sing for these contestants...kinda reminded me of Elton John night a few shows back....Eww..remember that godforsaken night :eek:

I will say this though....Simon made a comment a few weeks back about Elliot being the best singer that Idol has had...EVER. Back then..I could not believe he said that...now....I think that he may be right. I loved his performance last night. I think he is a great singer.

I also loved Paris and Chris last night. I think that Kevin and Melissa should be on the chopping block. I thought that Melissa's performance was aweful. We shall see.

suskey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rumor is that next week in '50s week with Barry Manilow. His new CD..Greatest Songs of the 50s 'debuted at #1..and the vocal coach of AI is his longtime friend and backup singer Debra Byrd.

Had heard he is supposed to be on March 22..but not sure how he will do this since is peforming inVegas thatnight..

Susan

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Well, just finished watching the show from the East Coast - I was disappointed as I feel that the worst singer is still there but my favourites are both safe and I think will be for a while.

BTW, I went to dialidol.com - they've been shut down, which I think is a shame. Something about "copyright infringement".

I also agree with Blondie that Stevie Wonder songs are very difficult to sing - my daughter who used to sing in competitions would never touch one with a 10-foot-pole - it's a rare talent that can get it right. Songs of the '50s will be an interesting theme.

Bev

Last edited:

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who got voted off

I couldn't watch tonight as our cable has been out for the last several hours. :mad: :mad: I talked to someone and have an idea who got voted off. What was the judges reaction? Did they act shocked?

Have to wait till tomorrow to see for sure who got voted off. :confused:

Nancy

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
'Twas Melissa and she said she thought she would be the one voted off. She was in the bottom two last week if I recall correctly.

I'm glad others brought up the difficulty of the songs and the limited note range. I'm not a musician but it did seem to me that much of it sounded almost monotone--and below the natural range for most of them. Stevie himself did not sound so hot tonight. Guess that's the difference between a live performance and a studio-mastered one.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Melissa

I forgot about Melissa (and she was the local girl)! I heard white female and thought it was Kellie or Katharine. Melissa was going pretty quick, so I'm not overly upset.

Thanks for update. Got cable back this morning and of course it was in local newspaper.

Nancy

azsunluvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the reason the whole thing was so boring is that Stevie Wonder songs are just not that great! I've never liked his music and I left the room or fast-forwarded through some of the performances. Even the ones that were "good" weren't interesting to me!

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
azsunluvr said:
I think the reason the whole thing was so boring is that Stevie Wonder songs are just not that great! I've never liked his music and I left the room or fast-forwarded through some of the performances. Even the ones that were "good" weren't interesting to me!

Whoa! And here I thought I was the only one who was not a Stevie Wonder fan. I was feeling so un-American.