• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Affiliate Resorts how are # points determined?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Parking is free at Charter Club. Flex weeks include silver, gold and one Platinum week (51 I believe which converts to 7000 points). Gold converts to 5000 points and Silver 3500. If you want the points, request week 51 in the lottery. They do have restrictions on how many times you can be awarded a specific week to make it fair for all flex owners.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
We owned two Flex weeks at Charter Club until we moved to Marco and sold both of them. You need to make your reservation as close after Jan 1 as possible for the next year with the office at Charter Club. So Jan 1 2022, people will be making their Jan-Dec 2023 reservations. We had one Silver and one Gold week and that was based on the week they were assigned before we bought them. We bought both of them for around $2K and sold both for less than $2K. It will be hard to get time during "The Season" with a Flex contract, if not impossible. When you arrive, they will give you a dated parking pass good during your stay. All the lots are gated, so you need your room key to open the gate. The beach has gated entrances/exits as well. So you need your band or key to open the gate, either leaving the beach or headed to the beach. The access to sail boats, paddle boards, kayaks is very good (and they cost nothing for owners or trades). The beach is groomed every day. You can rent beach loungers and umbrellas by the day or by the week. If you ordered them ahead of time, they will be waiting for you when you arrive at the beach. Otherwise, you might be on the second or third row, depending on the number set up. They set up by 9AM and start taking them down around 5PM. No pets, no cooking, no fires, no bikes on the beach. During Turtle Season, you must close your drapes/blinds at sunset.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Thanks for adding from the perspective of a Flex week owner, @Deb & Bill! With just owning a fixed week there, I hear bits and pieces about how the Flex weeks are used (reservations, etc.) but don't have the whole picture or the experience.

Kurt

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
How much did you pay though?

Aside from asking a little too personal question, what someone paid resale many years ago isn’t really relevant to today’s market.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Double-checking: no cooking outside. Kitchen 100% fine for home-style cooking?
I believe what @Deb & Bill was listing were activities you can't do on the beach.

Their quote: "No pets, no cooking, no fires, no bikes on the beach."

In your unit, you can use your kitchen as you do anywhere.

Kurt

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
We bought both of them for around $2K and sold both for less than $2K

The market value of flex week deeds seems to be even lower today. https://www.ebay.com/itm/313779249567 went for $1,025, and seller pays closing, which in itself is around $1000 (enrollment fee billed post closing is not covered by this seller).

I was considering picking this up but I decided to pass, after all my units showed up under my name earlier this week. I have m 12,500 expiring points that I'll use for 2022 RCI bookings.

That said, I think I'll try picking up Charter Club next year.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
I believe what @Deb & Bill was listing were activities you can't do on the beach.

Their quote: "No pets, no cooking, no fires, no bikes on the beach."

In your unit, you can use your kitchen as you do anywhere.

Kurt
Correct. That is all not permitted on the beach.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@PigsDad @Deb & Bill Does any of you know the meaning of unit names inside HGVC booking system? I know CN / CS indicates North/South tower. But the numbers after that, e.g. 2 Bedroom Beach View - CN2 - 1 through 6, and 2 Bedroom Pool and Beach View - CS2 - 1 through 9?

MickeyBlue

Reaction score
I also have a flex week. It's easy, you pay your MF before Jan, then you mail in a form before the 1st of January requesting the week and unit you want. (ie July Fourth, Prefer South tower, highest corner unit for example). The week and unit on the deed are basically a place holder. I mostly only requested for summer weeks, usually involving a holiday (Memorial, July 4 or Labor Day), and almost always get my request. We like to watch the fireworks on the barge from the beach. Once or twice, the staff will call you and say your requested week is not available and will offer other options. All in all, very very nice front desk, management and reservation staff. I think we paid $400 to join it into our HGVC account. If you want to trade your flex week, I would call the resort and tell them, they will assign you the highest point value week, most likely 5000 pts, available and help you with the process. Once your points are deposited into HGVC you can use them there or RCI. As far weeks 49-50, I would think you have a very good chance as it probably falls the week or two before Christmas and most people are busy getting ready for the Holidays. Your MF's include free sailing, kayaks, tennis, pingpong, mini gym, bike rentals, baby pool, etc. Big Grill downstairs by the pool. Nice but not fancy. More like a very nice family resort. Every unit is ocean front. Only 2 elevators and they can run slow when busy. They have luggage racks and shopping carts to help you bring your stuff up to the unit. Free parking but limited to 2 spaces.

Last edited:

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The week and unit on the deed are basically a place holder. I mostly only requested for summer weeks, usually involving a holiday (Memorial, July 4 or Labor Day), and almost always get my request

Very cool. I didn't know it would be that easy to get what you want. Thanks for sharing.

Do you know if week 51 and 52 are easy or hard to get?

If you want to trade your flex week, I would call the resort and tell them, they will assign you the highest point value week, most likely 5000 pts, available and help you with the process.

This explains why Charter Club has most of its weeks available in the platinum season (7000 pts).

MickeyBlue

Reaction score
Do you know if week 51 and 52 are easy or hard to get?

This explains why Charter Club has most of its weeks available in the platinum season (7000 pts).
[/QUOTE]

52 is not a flex week. 51 would probably be dependent on how quickly you get your request in and the total number of requests. Week 51 is the only platinum flex week and between that and falling around christmas, I would assume it's a very popular request. I dont know how many units during 51 week are allotted for flex owners (i.e. non fixed weeks) but I'm sure if you do call Reservations they will tell you. They have been very helpful and straightforward whenever we ask any question. Basically to try and book a week 51 to trade for 7000 points you would be booking in Jan 2022 for Dec 2023 so you would have to 1) get the week 51 and then 2) trade your week into HGVC and know at least a year in advance that you are going to want to use the points and not the unit. I have heard you can't get the same holiday week twice in a row but I don't think that it true because I have done July 4 multiple times in a row (and I don't know how July 4 compares to Christmas week). I think it's a great family resort if you are planning on using the unit most of the time for yourself or mostly a 5000 pt trade, and might occassionally luck out with a 7000 pt trade.