• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advice please ASAP! Mexican Adventuras Flex options

Kaytee38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
Hello, I hope I'm posting in the right area. I require some input, please.

We are at Lagunamar presently and went to a update for owners. We purchased the 81,000 star options at Sheraton Vistana in December 2016...did research too late and am stuck with the 81,000 purchased for over $16,000

Presently, we were asking if we can transfer the Sheraton flex options for Mexican adventuras program with Los Cabo's being the home resort. They did this if we purchase the 176,000 for every year. They are offering this for $64,000. The annual maintenance fee is approx $2100. They are doing 2 contracts (one is 81,000 and the other 95,000). They would be applying our payments from the last year to this contract. Plus, providing 100,000spg points. Gave us 3star Elite status...whatever that means.

We purchased 2 days ago (more so my husband) and I am definitely having second thoughts. Do we rescind?

What are your opinions???

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, rescind!
You should not fork over any money under pressure.
Buy only when you have done enough research and are confident that you are getting good value for your money.

Kaytee38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
Thank you dominidude!
When I rescind, I'm assuming our original contract for Sheraton Vistana is reinstated? or does the 81,000 stay in Mexico?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Your original deed will be returned to you, just as you owned it previously.

*I agree - rescind!

Kaytee38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
One other question...I have 5 business days to rescind. From everything I have read on tugbbs.com, I should do this by registered mail. We purchased on Aug 29...so the last day that I have to rescind (post-mark the registered mail) is Tuesday September 5 or Wednesday September 6? I would rather send the registered mail when we get back home to Toronto.

Don't really trust the mexican mail service or the representatives here to deliver the documents on time. Or should I just sign something here with the respresentatives?

Thanks
Kiran

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
Don't forget the interest you'll pay either way. We were paying 12.9% and finally just took money out of retirement to pay it off, which was a poor option.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Don't really trust the mexican mail service or the representatives here to deliver the documents on time. Or should I just sign something here with the respresentatives?

It doesn't matter when your recission letter is delivered - it only matters when you SEND IT. That's why you have to send it using a veirfiable method.

blondietink

Reaction score
I would also be leery of the mail service in Mexico. I mailed some post cards on a previous trip to the US and people got them 9 months later.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
One other question...I have 5 business days to rescind. From everything I have read on tugbbs.com, I should do this by registered mail. We purchased on Aug 29...so the last day that I have to rescind (post-mark the registered mail) is Tuesday September 5 or Wednesday September 6? I would rather send the registered mail when we get back home to Toronto.

Thanks
Kiran
I Would make copies of all the documents I have, walk over to the resort and rescind in person if possible, and additionally rescind through the mail.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You don't want to use standard mail service - you want to use a service that is verifiable. For instance, FedEx, DHL, and UPS are in Mexico - although I don't know which company has branches in your location.

I did a little research, and Estafeta seems to be the recommended Mexican service:
http://estafetausa.com/about-estafeta.php

*Personally, I'd go to the front desk, or the business office and ask for the closest reliable service.

Last edited:

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Hey Kaytee, it's Tommy :)
Glad you got the answer you were looking for. See you later today downstairs :)

It's funny we live 5km's down the street from each other back in Toronto/gta.

Kaytee38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
Hey Kaytee, it's Tommy :)
Glad you got the answer you were looking for. See you later today downstairs :)

It's funny we live 5km's down the street from each other back in Toronto/gta.

Hi Tommy,

I totally believe in fate☺️
Thank you for all your worldly advice!!

See you later today!

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Getting back to Westin Aventuras, I thought it was the goal of VSE to package up ALL of the Mexico resorts, including WLR? Agreed, the MF are running high for Mexico. Not sure they need to be that high.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since WLR was not originally sold as Adventuras points, I don't think they can change the terms of ownership midstream, but they will try to get owners to convert their deeded week to Adventuras points, as they are doing at Nanea, and with Flex Options.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
We just did our presentation. They wanted us to spend $24k, on a 67100 SO's, and to requalify our WKV 148100, to get spg points.

Of course I didn't take it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Thanks
Kiran
Don't rescind based on what you have read on TUG, rescind based on the instructions in your contract. They may state you can deliver it in person. While not usually recommended, it may be the best option while still in Mexico. I wouldn't trust the mail system in Mexico. If the rescission address is a US address, then you should be find to send it from Toronto. Though keep in mind that Monday is a holiday in both Canada and the USA. So no post marks will be made that day.

Kaytee38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
The presenters actually called this morning since we had not signed one document.
They accepted the rescind letter without any further power play. I received a letter with the reps name on it. I will send the whole package to them again on Tuesday (the 5th business day) just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk