• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advice on selling 2 HGVC Timeshares together - 8,200 points

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
I own two weeks at HGVC at South Beach Miami. Both are 1 bedroom and one is a gold week (3,400 points) and the other is platinum (4,800 points). Since I want to sell both weeks (ideally together) I am wondering if I sell to the same buyer if they can save on the transfer/activation fees?
Has anyone had any experience with this?
TIA

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I own two weeks at HGVC at South Beach Miami. Both are 1 bedroom and one is a gold week (3,400 points) and the other is platinum (4,800 points). Since I want to sell both weeks (ideally together) I am wondering if I sell to the same buyer if they can save on the transfer/activation fees?
Has anyone had any experience with this?
TIA
Each week will have a transfer fee and activation fee, selling both together will not change that.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Each week will have a transfer fee and activation fee, selling both together will not change that.
Not the answer I wanted but exactly what I thought/feared. They certainly make it hard to sell small contracts.
THANKS

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not the answer I wanted but exactly what I thought/feared. They certainly make it hard to sell small contracts.
THANKS
I gave my 3400 point at South Beach Miami away for free. I also got it for free. Your 4800 points, for a Miami lover who wants to go in the winter, you might be able to get something.

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
I would think offering these together would be your best bet because the gold week carries a pretty high MF per point compared to other HGVC properties. If you agree to split this and, for example, just sell the platinum week (surely worth something) you may find yourself "stuck with" the gold week.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I would think offering these together would be your best bet because the gold week carries a pretty high MF per point compared to other HGVC properties. If you agree to split this and, for example, just sell the platinum week (surely worth something) you may find yourself "stuck with" the gold week.

Like @Panina says above' she could give away the gold in the bargain forum and sell the platinum. I think it would be harder to sell them combined then to to separate and give away the gold.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree with @dayooper, it would be harder to sell them combined. The person that is willing to pay for the platinum will probably not want the gold.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with @dayooper, it would be harder to sell them combined. The person that is willing to pay for the platinum will probably not want the gold.

And I'll add yet another agreement. I recently bought a resale package that had two platinum weeks in the same contract. Eve though both benefited from good ration Platinum MFs, I was able to get it at a reduced price simply for because of the combination. Making it a Platinum and Gold would be a non-starter for many.

Cheers.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks all. Fingers crossed I’ll unload both while getting back some of what I paid. Fortunately I got both resale and just rented one for the super bowl.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm convinced.
I'm going to post my gold week to give away and then sell my platinum week.
It'll be interesting which one goes first.

Hsahota1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
I picked up a 3400 for around $400 MF were paid off. Lower MF as it was a Vegas property and seller paid all of the associated fees. Seen a lot go for free or a few hundred bucks.

MattD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Did you post this as a giveaway? I can’t find it and am interested.