• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advice on exiting contract with Vacation Village

drewtaylor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway
Requesting any advice and information if anyone knows of or has successfully exited a Vacation Village at Parkway Timeshare contract? Family has outgrown Timeshare need. Please advise. Very respectfully.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
If it is paid off you can give it away.

If your is enrolled in RCI points, then it will be a quicker giveaway. Below are a couple of recent giveaways. Also, check with your resort as they may have a deed-back program.

FREE timeshare deal 74000 RCI points | Timeshare Users Group Discussion Forums (tugbbs.com)

Giving Away 92,500 annual RCI points at Vacation Village @ Parkway in Orlando! 2022 Dues are PAID IN FULL! | Timeshare Users Group Discussion Forums (tugbbs.com)

This is a quote from the last thread below:

"We just gave away our Vacation Village at Parkway timeshare (92,500 points - biennial odd)
which we had purchased on eBay in 2014.
It was posted in the Marketplace and went very quickly; entire process took about 7 weeks.
Everything went very smoothly with LT Transfer. "

Did you give away or adopt a timeshare on the Bargain Deals forum? | Page 10 | Timeshare Users Group Discussion Forums (tugbbs.com)

Last edited:

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many Vacation Village at Parkway units have been sold on eBay.

You can look at the sold listings for an idea of what they are going for and what fees you may have to pay as part of the deal.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be careful not to use a Timeshare relief type of service that will take your unit for a big upfront fee as it is nothing but a big SCAM.

They're happy to take your money and leave you still hanging with the Timeshare!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
what options have you tried sofar?

Daytona Bob

Reaction score
I'm getting close on doing something with VV at parkway (RCI points) as I moved to NC and there aren't as many last minute deals like Orlando.

drewtaylor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm getting close on doing something with VV at parkway (RCI points) as I moved to NC and there aren't as many last minute deals like Orlando.
Would you be interested in taking over this time share? Like me just signing it over to you for free? I'll pay closing costs and transfer fees...

drewtaylor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Would you be interested in taking over this time share? Like me just signing it over to you for free? I'll pay closing costs and transfer fees...
And Mortgage is already paid in full.

drewtaylor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And, this unit is already paid in full.

Daytona Bob

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't mean to confuse. I currently own a week at VV and would be looking to exit the timeshare once I do enough research on the best method. I'm glad to help you with yours so that I can learn about mine, I see some advice above about not paying a large upfront fee and giving it away. Many of the Ebay auctions are though these re-sale companies and they have a transfer company setup. I guess I'd want to investigate my xfer company before posting to Ebay.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We gave away 2 Vacation Village At Parkway triennial points units & sold 1.

When we bought (eBay all the way)l, we did not know that the Vacation Village At Parkway units have 3 different points levels, varying according to demand season. (Weeks units there are all red-season; points units vary, even though maintenance fees are all the same.)

The 1st triennial we bought was good for 55,000 points divided by 3 (i.e., 18,333 annual points -- which was a step up from our original dinky points unit out in Arkansas).

Before long we gave away that 1 & bought an eBay replacement that was good for 74,000 points divided by 3 (that is, 24,667 annual points).

By then we understood about the 3 varying Vacation Village At Parkway points levels, so we gave away the 74,000 / 3 triennial & bought (eBay again) another replacement good for 92,500 / 3 points -- i.e., 30,833 annual points.

All Vacation Village At Parkway ownership is 2BR, so when downsized we sold the Vacation Village At Parkway triennial unit (via TUG) & went for an eBay triennial 1BR points unit (49,000 points divided by 3) at Grandview At Last Vegas. We wanted to hold out for a 1BR unit out there worth 61,000 points divided by three. But not seeing any of those offered on eBay for months & months, we settled for a unit that gets us 16,333 annual points.

That's where matters stand today. With so few points available for making exchanges, we rely heavily on various RCI sales & specials like Last Call & Bonus Weeks & 7-Night Reservations Under 10,000 Points. So far, so good.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many of the Ebay auctions are though these re-sale companies and they have a transfer company setup. I guess I'd want to investigate my xfer company before posting to Ebay.

Many of these E-bay auctions are set up by what are often referred to here on TUG as Post Card companies (PCCs) which they themselves call relief or cancel companies. Basically what they do is get an owner who is desperate to get rid of his TS to pay this company thousands of dollars to "cancel" his TS. The owner then signs over a Power of Attorney to the PCC which authorizes the PCC to do whatever it wants with the TS. The PCC then posts the TS for sale on E-Bay hoping that someone will bid on and buy it. If/when a prospective buyer wins the auction, then the PCC uses itself or another transfer company with which it has close ties to transfer the TS to the new owner.

However, if you do it yourself without the middle man (cancel company/PCC), post it on E-bay for auction, and find a buyer, then you can use whichever transfer company you wish or the buyer can choose which company he wants to use. If you go that route, many here on TUG can recommend a good transfer company that will do the legal paperwork for you (not to be confused with a cancel/relief PCC).

JWM2021

TUG Member
Reaction score
All Vacation Village At Parkway ownership is 2BR, so when downsized we sold the Vacation Village At Parkway triennial unit (via TUG) & went for an eBay triennial 1BR points unit (49,000 points divided by 3) at Grandview At Last Vegas. We wanted to hold out for a 1BR unit out there worth 61,000 points divided by three. But not seeing any of those offered on eBay for months & months, we settled for a unit that gets us 16,333 annual points.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

What is the difference in the 61k 1BR and the 49k 1BR at Grandview (size/weeks/other)? Are they same (or similar) maintenance fees?

Thanks,

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What is the difference in the 61k 1BR and the 49k 1BR at Grandview (size/weeks/other)? Are they same (or similar) maintenance fees?

Thanks,
MF's are the same, unit size is the same. The difference would be the fixed week associated with the deed. There are some weeks that are worth as few as 30,500 points.