• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advice on buying a BlueGreen resale now with HGVC buying them

ramsredspistons

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on if it would be benefial or not to buy a resale BlueGreen timeshare given that they are getting bought by Hilton Grand Vacation Club? Any idea if they would transition your unit to points, would you get access to trade (without going through Interval or RCI) within the HGVC properties? Thoughts??

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
@ramsredspistons said “Any idea if they would transition your unit to points”

Bluegreen Vacation Club IS points, I think you need to do a little more homework/research as to how BGVC works before asking anything else.

And if Hilton integrates BGVC the same as they did Diamond/DRI you won‘t be getting access unless you spend a minimum of $7,000 on their new-ish product HVC Max and then only at 6 months out.

All this is speculation - but it certainly will be an exchange rate NOT in BG favor as the other resorts are much higher quality than BG.

ramsredspistons

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I did know BlueGreen was points based, as I was looking at Charleston and Savannah for points, but was asking about how it would transition since HGVC has points as well which would be different values. I probably wasn't clear on that. What you provided though was good as I was wondering how they transitioned Diamond owners and that helps. Thank you!

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you for the information. I did know BlueGreen was points based, as I was looking at Charleston and Savannah for points, but was asking about how it would transition since HGVC has points as well which would be different values. I probably wasn't clear on that. What you provided though was good as I was wondering how they transitioned Diamond owners and that helps. Thank you!
Did BG sell specific properties as trust points? I thought they had only a few trusts and they were a mix of properties. Can you buy just Charleston or Savannah?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did BG sell specific properties as trust points? I thought they had only a few trusts and they were a mix of properties. Can you buy just Charleston or Savannah?
Not really because everything in BGVC is in the trust but…

If you can find resale contracts with underlying Priority Use Periods at specific resorts you want and the time you want, you are guarenteed use of the underlying time each year by reserving your PUP 13-11 months (+2 weeks) out.

Example: today I chatted and reserved my 4 PUPs at La Cabana for next January weeks 1,2,3.

Another reason to look for PUPs at a specific resort even if the unit/week is not desirable, is as a resale owner, you can only book bonus time where you are “deeded”

I would say 95% of BGVC owners do not know this, points are sold the same as Marriott AboundPoints are - points are point even though all are backed by underlying deeds.

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is what Hilton thinks of Bluegreen, pretty far down the list and feel they did not want to alienate owners by calling it low quality.
Travel & Leisure is Wyndham/Worldmark new name.

I agree with Hiltons assessment

IMG_2315.jpeg

Last edited:

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Any thoughts on if it would be benefial or not to buy a resale BlueGreen timeshare given that they are getting bought by Hilton Grand Vacation Club?
HGV (Hilton Grand Vacations) is the parent company which has the agreement to purchase BG. HGV currently has HGVC (Hilton Grand Vacations Club), HC (Hilton Club), and HVC (Hilton Vacations Club formerly DRI)

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not really because everything in BGVC is in the trust but…

If you can find resale contracts with underlying Priority Use Periods at specific resorts you want and the time you want, you are guarenteed use of the underlying time each year by reserving your PUP 13-11 months (+2 weeks) out.

Example: today I chatted and reserved my 4 PUPs at La Cabana for next January weeks 1,2,3.

Another reason to look for PUPs at a specific resort even if the unit/week is not desirable, is as a resale owner, you can only book bonus time where you are “deeded”

I would say 95% of BGVC owners do not know this, points are sold the same as Marriott AboundPoints are - points are point even though all are backed by underlying deeds.
So effectively the underlying unit deeds have ZERO relation to the maintenance fees paid (and the only thing that matters is that on resale your underlying deeded property is the only location you can use Bonus Time)? Does this mean MF are the same for every contract in the same trust (e.g. no matter the underlying deeds, if you are in Trust E you are paying the exact same MF/point as every other Trust E owner)?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So effectively the underlying unit deeds have ZERO relation to the maintenance fees paid (and the only thing that matters is that on resale your underlying deeded property is the only location you can use Bonus Time)? Does this mean MF are the same for every contract in the same trust (e.g. no matter the underlying deeds, if you are in Trust E you are paying the exact same MF/point as every other Trust E owner)?
Wanted to update the Bluegreen fees for Trust Fund E.

Base = $373
Club Dues = $179
Points = (# of points) X $0.0985

MF is the sum of Base + Points.
Total annual obligation is Base + Points + Club Dues

So yes, where you have your pup does not affect your MFs.
Yes, as a resale owner you can only get bonus time where you have a pup
The reason your PUP is important is because you can reserve the underlying unit before it is available to all VC owners at 11 months. Your pup can be reserved 13-11 month one day before check in.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say exactly ZERO relation. The number of points your deed is worth is what determines your MFs, and the number of points is related to the underlying week PUP for your deed. Not all weeks/PUPs are worth the same amount of points, they are different based on both the resort and season.