• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV New York Club
Greetings,
Like so many others, I wish I found this forum years ago! Thank you for all your informative posts.
We are looking to sell our timeshare and would like advice on how/where to sell it and realistically what we should expect to get for it.
We own at The New York Club, 7,000 points and (now after reading these posts, know that we foolishly...) paid $54,200 in full.
What is your recommendation? Hilton says they will pay us $9,000-$11,000 to buy it back and then of course sell it again for $60,000.
Thank you in advance for your help.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what these sell for in the resale market but $11,000 with certainty, if no 2021 MF, minimum aggravation, no commission and if no closing costs may be a good deal. I'm interested in what others have to say...

George

Reaction score
I would keep it and enjoy using it.

Selling via HGVC is fast and easiest, but I would call the three top HGVC brokers for estimation on value or if they have any buyers.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I would keep it and enjoy using it.

Selling via HGVC is fast and easiest, but I would call the three top HGVC brokers for estimation on value or if they have any buyers.

This. Contact them and see what they think it will go for. Don’t tell them you contacted HGVC do you know what their opinion is, not compared to what HGVC is willing to give you.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking at one site I know for JUdi Kozlowski (one of the well-known brokers here) shows 7000 point HCNY (assuming that you mean Hilton Club New York), shows a range from 9000 - 18000. And there would be fees in this case.

Cheers.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
Confirm whether you have an ownership that is deeded vs an RTU that ends in 2032. This will have a bearing on its value.

I see a a deeded 7,000 HCNY ownership on RedWeek for $5,900 with buyer paying closing and transfer fees. Selling during this pandemic may also affect resale value in the interim. HGVC seems to be letting most if not all ROFR submissions pass, even properties that would typically sell for higher pre-COVID.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is your recommendation? Hilton says they will pay us $9,000-$11,000 to buy it back and then of course sell it again for $60,000.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Below is a link to frequently mentioned timeshare resale and rental websites.

Search for the asking price for a 7000pt New York Club. Notice how many people are selling that type of unit. Resale TS seems to be a buyers market. There is more inventory than buyers. How long are you willing to wait to find someone, if ever, that is willing to pay your asking price. I don't know if there is a "days on the market" metric for TS properties but I have a feeling it is quite a long time. Weigh the cost of waiting to find a buyer with the immediate satisfaction of getting rid of a property you no longer are using or can afford to pay. (BTW I am also assuming you do not have a outstanding loan. If you do have a loan, that is a whole different story because you may still owe money after the sale.)

I am not ready to sell my property yet but I have been happy with the use of the properties over the past 14 years. The initial cost is under the bridge, so I am not worrying about have to pay off a loan and went into it knowing (Thanks TugBBS) that I may never recover my initial cost. However, when the time comes, i.e. too old to travel, I would almost be happy just to give it away, just to stop the annual payments and remember the good times I had with friends and family staying at the different HGVC.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV New York Club
Thank you for your suggestions.
To answer your questions...
Yes, our deeded timeshare is at Hilton Grand Vacations, The Hilton Club - New York
It is located in Midtown Manhattan at 1335 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10019.
We do not owe a balance and the 2021 MF have been paid in full.

My questions to you are...
1) Who are the top timeshare sellers and are they top because that have a lot of properties to sell or because they sell more and faster than the others?
2) Does if state anywhere how many days properties have been on the market?
3) Other than Hilton, is there a place/person/company to just sell the property outright?
Thank you again

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Q1) Who are the top timeshare sellers and are they top because that have a lot of properties to sell or because they sell more and faster than the others?

Sorry, I don’t know if anyone knows who sells the most and/or fastest.
We basically have a few resale agents that are frequently mentioned and/or recommended due to TUG members past experiences.

Here are three most frequently mentioned for HGVC resales.

Judi Kozlowski
judi@judikoz.com
RE/MAX Properties SW, Inc Timeshare Division
www.timesharebrokersmls.com
www.judikoz.com
407-352-5800 ext 325

Diane Nadeau
diane@timesharebrokersales.com
Timeshare Broker Sales
https://www.timesharebrokersales.com/about-us.html
813-541-1114

Seth Nock
Selling Timeshares
https://www.sellingtimeshares.net/selling-timeshares/about-us/
https://www.sellingtimeshares.net/contact/

2) Does it state anywhere how many days properties have been on the market?
I don’t recall seeing that type of information for timeshare resales.

Here’s an example, of what you may see (see below).
NOTE: These are current asking prices for the Hilton Club New York and The Residences by Hilton Club.

BF0AD9B5-010A-4B76-8C0E-35AB0927000D.png

11CF035B-CACF-4790-996B-D2AB011683AE.png

3) Other than Hilton, is there a place/person/company to just sell the property outright?
Not that I’m aware of.

Be aware there are lots of scams out there. Scam warnings are posted on the HGVC Club member site - https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com/en/help/club-navigator/Resale-Rental-Service-Alert

Before you contact anyone, take a look at the following:

Good Luck and Welcome to TUG

Last edited: