• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

advice needed on buying NCV plat week

shellibaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
:hi: Hi

We are looking to purchase a Marriott NCV platinum week as we really want to go there next year before we spend two weeks in Palm Desert. We have no success so far in our exchange requests. We have only ever bought our timeshares direct from the developer. But after been a member of TUG, I realise that buying a resale would be our best option. I now just need some pointers on where to look and any thing I need to be aware of. I am watching a couple on Ebay.
Any advice/help is much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

Michelle

Bill4728

Reaction score
A Platinum week at NCV should cost between $15,500 and $17,500 ( last year they were more like $18,000)

Since all Platinum weeks (all floating units and weeks) are the same, any annual platinum week will be good for you.

Ebay generally has the lowest prices, but you must be carefull to make sure your money is in a proper escrow account until the week is transfered into your name. The best way is to use one of the many closing companies recommended here on TUG.

Good Luck

PS When are you likely to want to stay? If you're staying in Palm Desert in the late fall, you should be able to trade into NCV. If you're hoping for the summer, you could still try and trade into NCV and you could find a cheap rental to stay in PD.

Last edited:

shellibaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Bill

Thanks for that info. We are quite specific on when we want to stay as we are going to book our flights next week before they go up in price. At the moment they are about $1,300 each and there are 5 of us, so we need to book early. We want our first week, to be at NCV which is the last week in July. Then we will go to Shadow Ridge, where we own. Then onto Desert Springs Villas II where we use an AC. We always get an AC for our English TS.

Looking at some other threads here TUG and other sites it still seems to prove difficult to get in at NCV during July/August even when you are an owner. We tried to trade into there for this year with our English TS, which is a good trader, but still to no avail.

There are 2 weeks on Ebay at the moment I am watching that finish today. Maybe we will take the plunge or hang on a little longer. I've also seen a few on Redweek. Do you know if they are reputable to buy from.

Many thanks once again for your help. It is much appreciated.

Kind regards

Michelle:)

CATBinCO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Michelle,
NCV has a Platinum Plus week, for 4th of July. It is the only fixed week they offer (in addition to Christmas/NY week....not sure whether it's Christmas or NY). If you owned the fixed week of July 4th, your only "battle" is Friday, Saturday or Sunday check in :)

This is something I am exploring for us - fixed week as opposed to competing for a summer week during platinum season. I don't own any Marriotts, so the 13 month rule doesn't work for me. I need something to even up the odds so to speak!

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Michelle-
You could probably get a very cheap week at the Desert Springs Villas II on a getaway instead of using your AC. The summer weeks at Desert Springs were very cheap this summer. Then you could use the AC for something else.

If you want NCV in July (exchange week or AC) you will need the Marrriott priority. When there are July/Aug. deposits they don't sit there very long.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if you purchase a NCV soon there is a possibility that you wont be able to get a reservation for the week you want next year. Reservations open up 12 months in advance, 13 months for multiple week owners and it is very possible that July is already booked.

Before you commit to a purchase based on booking next summer you should try to call NC and see if there is anything available should you purchase.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here at Newport Coast right now. If you do purchase NCV, we were given this tip at the Owner's Meeting: Get your week in another month like September then trade that week with II using your Marriott priority status to July/Aug. The MC claims many owners get July/Aug, then because they are strong exchanges will trade those weeks for another difficult-to-get location -- hence opening up availability.

Last edited: