• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advice needed for mid/low demand week to trade for last minute central florida week

DukeLeto2

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have used this BBS before for rentals and love the community. I am a four year owner of a low to mid demand week (46) in Texas (Sweetwater at Lake Conroe) that we always use for the Texas Renaissance Festival. This year, however, we may need to focus on my mother who is now in hospice care in central Florida (Oviedo, to be specific).

My thinking was to join RCI, bank my week and then trade what I could for a last minute Florida week when the funeral will eventually happen. No matter what, it will be sudden so planning will be last minute. Am I correct on this path forward?

Any other advice on the matter?

Thanks everyone.
p.s. sorry for cross-post but I'm looking for advice where I can get it...

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your best bet may be to just wait and look for a last call. No guarantee anything will be available in the area you need, but I would think anything you would trade for would be in there for a little over the exchange fee alone.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about your mother's illness.

Oviedo appears to be a suburb of Orlando.
Week 46 this year is Nov 15/16/17

Your resort is allowed to join either RCI or Interval. There is no requirement to deposit your week. If you can still use your week this year, instead of making a trade, I would look for the cash rental options for a last minute Orlando week:
Interval has Getaways
RCI has Last Call and Extra Vacations
TUG has the last minute forum - where you may request the dates you need, up to 45 days in advance
Redweek, CraigsList, VRBO, AirBnB are all options for cash rentals

DukeLeto2

Reaction score
Your best bet may be to just wait and look for a last call. No guarantee anything will be available in the area you need, but I would think anything you would trade for would be in there for a little over the exchange fee alone.
Thanks. Yeah, that's what I'm seeing for no matter which service I use. It'll be a 45-60 minute drive if I go that route. I appreciate your response but that's what I'm thinking too.

DukeLeto2

Reaction score
Great info! Unfortunately, this year Thanksgiving is later in the month so that means the kids are in school on this week so I'm going to have to bank the week no matter what. It sounds like I'll have to plan a trade (maybe a weekend instead of a whole week because of the low demand week) and also just do a cash rental when I need it for family.

Thank You

DukeLeto2

Reaction score
I think I'll join Interval International as it has traded well in the past according to the old owner.
Thanks everyone!

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I'll join Interval International as it has traded well in the past according to the old owner.
Thanks everyone!

If you plan to deposit with Interval, then make sure to do so earlier than 60 days in advance of your week's check-in date (mid-Sept). Interval penalizes those who deposit late, by not allowing them to set up an ongoing search and by only letting them see inventory that is within the next 59 days. And, the earlier the better. When you decide where you want to vacation, set up an ongoing search.

DukeLeto2

Reaction score
If you plan to deposit with Interval, then make sure to do so earlier than 60 days in advance of your week's check-in date (mid-Sept). Interval penalizes those who deposit late, by not allowing them to set up an ongoing search and by only letting them see inventory that is within the next 59 days. And, the earlier the better. When you decide where you want to vacation, set up an ongoing search.

That's the part I'm trying to figure out exactly. I'll put it in asap right now as soon as all the information clears. For instance if I can't use it this year can I roll it into next year. Newbie stuff. I got gold just in case I need to split the week into two local weekends but have to figure out the math to see if that makes sense.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For example, your Nov 2019 week, if deposited to Interval, will be good until Nov 2021. (two years of life in Interval).
Gold Membership would allow you to do two short-stay exchanges of up to 6 nights each. The exchange fee would have to be paid for each of the two exchanges.

DukeLeto2

Reaction score
Just to catch up this thread, the inevitable did happen this weekend. I had to figure out what I can use right away. Was able to trade in for a week at Marriott's Grande Vista so I'll be able to host my family and my brother's there since it can sleep 8 as a lockout. So I'm glad I got ready in advance and am thankful for those that chimed in.

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)
God bless you, Duke, and your family. Safe travels to Florida.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
God Bless You and your family at this sorrowful time.
I send my heartfelt condolences.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Sorry for your loss. But you are fortunate to find such nice accommodations.