• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advice Needed: First Time to Orlando

DarkLord

TUG Member
Reaction score
We, 4 adults and two 5 year old children, plan to go to Orlando/Miami for two weeks. We looked to trade for one of the Disney Vacation Clubs through II but the offering is slim. So we are now thinking of trading for one of the Marriotts.

Just want to ask, what Marriott would you recommend? Ideally we would like to get a newer TS that has a good pool for the kids to play in and is of close proximity to the theme parks. But we are open to suggestions as it is our first time there anyway.

Thanks.

Last edited:

CAROLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Marriott Horizons in Orlando with our 5 yr old twins and they had a blast. There is a pirate pool which is a lot of fun. Also another pool with a larger slide and an interactive water playground. My kids never wanted to leave the resort!

ljwhit

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Liki Tiki resort has a good size water park for children. Its not too far from Disney. Unfortunately, can't tell you how the units are. I know they have 1 and 2 bedrooms. Don't know if there are 3 bedrooms.

krissydee

Reaction score
Marriott's Grande Vista

Great Pools, good location and I think even an inflatable indoor kids area (not certain on that one though)

DarkLord

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your suggestions. I looked at the inventory now and couldn't find my ideal resort to book for 2009 April/May.

Historically, do you think more deposits will be made in the next few months that my selection will be better? Or should I just book the best resort I can get right now for 2009 April/May (not including Easter weeks)?

lifestylehvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
did you check the classified ads on here. mabye you will find a good rental
if this economy stays in the dump you might find a lot of last min. deals , but thats risky

DarkLord

TUG Member
Reaction score
did you check the classified ads on here. mabye you will find a good rental
if this economy stays in the dump you might find a lot of last min. deals , but thats risky

I got two bonus weeks with II I have to use before May 2009 and I can rent a 3 bedroom suit for $300 a week. I don't think any classified deal could beat $300 a week.:clap:

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Big Bargain.

I can rent a 3 bedroom suit for $300 a week. I don't think any classified deal could beat $300 a week.
Shux, Motel 6 & Super 8 can't even touch $300 a week.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
May will be much easier than April to book

Easter is the 2nd week in April, which means the 1st two weeks are very high demand time this year. Also, many NYC area schools have the 3rd week of April as their spring break. By May, no one has Spring break and schools are still in session--May is lovely weather and the crowds are much better than April. I would expect much more availability in May. Flights should also be much lower.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
To answer your question, yes there will be more inventory added as the time gets closer.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree more inventory will appear. I bank a May week with my Grande Vista and I watch to see how much inventory is there as the time gets closer. No problem, you'll be fine.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this wont be the favorite choice. I own Westgate Vacation Villas. I own the 2 bedroom with a loft. There is a miniature golf course and paddle boats, playground, swimming and tennis on the property. At times I have had lots of people in the unit because the second bedroom has two queen size beds. The loft was the kids' favorite place and there are 2 twin bed/couches. So they make thier forts/play area up there and can sleep up there.

You would have to make sure you were getting one with the loft. They have 3 bedrooms in WVV and the Town Center. Just another choice.

April is high time in Orlando. Spring breakers, Easter, etc. May quiets right down. A much better choice for the parks. My idea of a good time is not waiting for 30 min - 2 hours in line for a ride. May is plenty warm to go to the beach. The last week in October is my favorite time for the same reasons May would be.

Last edited: