• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advertising FSBO lot on line

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
So, I'm finally ready to let go of my dream. I've owned a little lake lot back in IN for 10+ years. I thought I might build on it one day, but it's no longer a goal.

I've got it listed on Zillow for free. I'm getting some views and saves. I just reduced the price. I thought I could list it on Redfin, too, but it's not as simple and it's not free.

Any recommendations for other places I should be advertising?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Craigslist?

Dave

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Facebook marketplace

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Facebook marketplace
Thanks! I haven't use that yet. Thought it of for when I move and want to unload my Peloton, etc.

As I recall from Mary Ann in NH, it now seems to be the go-to on-line spot. It seems like it's replaced Craigslist, but I haven't been on that in years.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been using craigslist a lot lately - bough office furniture and now trying to buy a used life cycle elliptical (similar to ones at Planet Fitness) - under $500.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
If you're listing it on Zillow for free, would it make sense to contact a local realtor and let them list it on MLS for a modest price?
Thanks for asking! I was a Realtor there years ago. And, I did contact one who has recently sold other homes in this subdivision.

She was recommended to me by the developer. Decided against it for now. I half wonder if I'm not attracting a wider audience on Zillow versus Realtor.com.
I reduced the price & that tripled my views. Need to call back an interested party. It's always the price! :)

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Gee whiz, just spoke with a local realtor who might be interested in purchasing my property though I'm not so sure it's what he is looking for.

Sort of surprised he didn't look at the property record card which is available on line. That's where I always start, but I was trained as an appraiser before I got my RE license.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for asking! I was a Realtor there years ago. And, I did contact one who has recently sold other homes in this subdivision.

She was recommended to me by the developer. Decided against it for now. I half wonder if I'm not attracting a wider audience on Zillow versus Realtor.com.
I reduced the price & that tripled my views. Need to call back an interested party. It's always the price! :)

I just realized that *Zillow* is free, not your property! Sorry!

geekette

Reaction score
While Zillow and Trulia joined forces a whule back, it’s not clear that they share a database. I am a Zillow user, friend of mine is a trulia user. People can be brand loyal.

I used landsearch.com when I was seeking property, do not know if listing is free. There is also landflip.com

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gee whiz, just spoke with a local realtor who might be interested in purchasing my property though I'm not so sure it's what he is looking for.

Sort of surprised he didn't look at the property record card which is available on line. That's where I always start, but I was trained as an appraiser before I got my RE license.

As with any online listing, beware scammers

Last edited:

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
FSBO listings don’t have the same visibility as realtor listings on Zillow. In fact many people miss them because they are on a separate tab.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
FSBO listings don’t have the same visibility as realtor listings on Zillow. In fact many people miss them because they are on a separate tab.
Makes sense. Zillow is an advertising platform - that's where they make their $$ - from Realtors ;)

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
While Zillow and Trulia joined forces a whule back, it’s not clear that they share a database. I am a Zillow user, friend of mine is a trulia user. People can be brand loyal.

I used landsearch.com when I was seeking property, do not know if listing is free. There is also landflip.com
Hey, thanks for the tips about those extra sites. I didn't realize Trulia was still around. I thought that was originally part of Realtor. com? or started by them?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are several inexpensive commission realtors who will list it and represent you for a small fee like 1% or max $3000. But you will still need to offer commission to buyers' agent otherwise buyers' agents will just skip over your listing and not mention to a buyer. The lowest that I have seen in listings is 2% to buyers' agent.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
There are several inexpensive commission realtors who will list it and represent you for a small fee like 1% or max $3000. But you will still need to offer commission to buyers' agent otherwise buyers' agents will just skip over your listing and not mention to a buyer. The lowest that I have seen in listings is 2% to buyers' agent.

Thank you! I'm just not convinced I need a Realtor, mainly because it's land. It's not like I need someone to unlock it like a house. I have a Realtor bringing a buyer to look at it tomorrow. I had a Realtor call me earlier in the week about buying it.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm just not convinced I need a Realtor, mainly because it's land. It's not like I need someone to unlock it like a house. I have a Realtor bringing a buyer to look at it tomorrow. I had a Realtor call me earlier in the week about buying it.

It is wonderful that realtors are contacting you about your listing.