• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advantage Car Rentals

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now I am looking for car rentals for February for Orlando. The prices are ridiculous. For example, companies like Alamo and Budget are charging over $700 for 2 weeks for an economy car! Advantage has great rates, under $300 for the same timeframe. Has anyone had any dealings with them in the past? Are the reservations cancellable (not quite sure if this is even a word )?
Any experiences, advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dori

Arnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reviews!!

Hey Dori,
Here is the link to some reviews for Advantage. i didn't read it, just found it online.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/advantage-rent-a-car-las-vegas-2

Good Luck :wave:
PS: I just read the reviews and it looks like a crap shoot to me. You may want to try Priceline and start low and work up. I always did ok on there.

Last edited:

Art

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had an Advantage rental last week in Honolulu.

Advantage is Hertz's entry in the low cost rental market. I went through a link somewhere when I made the reservation so the rental even had a CDP discount code. The Hertz name was somewhere on the paperwork.

The car was fine, and the staff was more like Hertz than a low cost operation like Thrifty. I had all the usual cancellation rights. Did not have to provide a CC number until I arrived at the counter. I think I could have input it early to expedite the rental.

I would have no problems renting from Advantage again especially if they turn out to be noticeably less costly than other rental companies.

Art

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I leave my car in their lot when I leave on vacation from Orlando.
They're a fair distance from the terminal, but their shuttle is quick.
From what I can see, they have a fairly typical operation.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We recently used them in Denver. I can't say I was overly impressed but, a rental car is a rental car as far as I'm concerned. The only thing that ticked me off was I had rented a compact car and they attempted to "upgrade" me to a luxury car. I had three problems with this: 1. my insurance and the CC coverage provided won't cover the luxury car completely 2. It got horrible gas mileage 3. We were going to be parking this boat in a tight parking garage.

Advantage isn't the only company to give us an "upgrade" that's been unwanted. Our local Budget office attempts to upgrade us from a compact or standard car to a gas guzzling SUV almost every time. This last time the only thing they had was a 4 wheel drive Jeep Grand Cherokee. Nice vehicle but I was really wanting something that got better gas mileage than the SUV's we presently own.