• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Add to existing points

JTR65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn club vacations
Massanutten resort
We bought into the HICV timeshare in 2022 for 65k traditional points, and then we're convinced to add 40k signature points (I have come to terms with my mistake, and I'm learning from them). We recently visited the South Beach resort, and we're recommended to add 45k points to upgrade our status. I am interested in this and saw that three resorts would allow us to buy resale and keep them as points (South Beach, Lake Geneva, and Gatlinburg). I also saw that people use Facebook, eBay, and Redweek to make purchases, but I wanted to know if other sites existed to watch. Once I find something, I plan to use LT for the papers, but I wanted to know if there are any gotchas I should keep in mind.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Hello and welcome!

I follow sales, and eBay is the best place and probably the most listings at the 3 resorts. However, good deeds, and the ones that you want to buy (to get a good maintenance fee ratio) are very rare.

Admins/Mods recently removed the option to list for sales at both fb groups (the non affiliated and rentals) so not sure how they are listing there any more.

Redweek you can set notifications for listings.

Now, keep in mind that you will not be able to add these points (resale) in order to go up platinum tier levels, unless you make an additional developer purchases. If that is the case, then you would be better off buying a good fixed week that offers a lot of points and good ratio in order to convert it and qualify for points. (See post about upgrading with a Marcos Island for example).

With that said. I have a friend selling EY 150k south beach that transfers as points. Just send me a dm and I will share her contact info. She wants to use lt transfer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikesjunk

Reaction score
Hello and welcome!

I follow sales, and eBay is the best place and probably the most listings at the 3 resorts. However, good deeds, and the ones that you want to buy (to get a good maintenance fee ratio) are very rare.

Admins/Mods recently removed the option to list for sales at both fb groups (the non affiliated and rentals) so not sure how they are listing there any more.

Redweek you can set notifications for listings.

Now, keep in mind that you will not be able to add these points (resale) in order to go up platinum tier levels, unless you make an additional developer purchases. If that is the case, then you would be better off buying a good fixed week that offers a lot of points and good ratio in order to convert it and qualify for points. (See post about upgrading with a Marcos Island for example).

With that said. I have a friend selling EY 150k south beach that transfers as points. Just send me a dm and I will share her contact info. She wants to use lt transfer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did some searching and couldn't find the Upgrading with a Marcos Island. If you happen to have a link that would be great. Also does your friend still have the SB points? Thanks.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
I did some searching and couldn't find the Upgrading with a Marcos Island. If you happen to have a link that would be great. Also does your friend still have the SB points? Thanks.
Im not sure of an exact thread but basically you can upgrade by purchasing any deeded week, you just have to make a qualifying purchase from HICV afterward to bring said deeded week into the club. It can be worth it if you can get a deed that converts to a lot of points for a low maintenance fee and if HICV runs a promo where you can bring a week in for a small points package purchase. Then your points will also count towards VIP status which does have some useful perks, like free upgrades, free nights, advanced reservation discounts, etc.