• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC's from II for 2009 Marriott deposits

sdtugger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

After waiting for some months my Horizins Branson week bought resale was transferred and I finally have it registered in my II account.

As it was reported here that summer weeks at Horizons Branson would receive ACs I tried to deposit a July 2 (Thursday) checkin week in the bigher lockoff 1 BR.

This is the text the website showed:

"Deposit Type: If you choose to deposit this unit now, you can request an exchange week from today to two years after the date the home week begins and Interval International will have immediate use of this week. Your deposit expiration date will be July 9, 2011. You will have until your expiration date to complete your travel."

Does not look like this would get an AC, right? There should be additional text talking about the AC, correct?

Has someone else realized they where not offered ACs for prime summer Horizons Branson weeks?

Or can it be that there are no ACs with Interval International Europe (Germany) at all?

Thanks!

The same thing happened to me, but I had previously seen the AC offered on the website so I called. They said they were still offering AC's and they should be on the website. They gave me an AC.

bookworm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked Horizon Branson for early July and got the AC for the one bedroom but it didn't come up online, only when I called in. I had checked here so knew it was likely available.

Danette

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
NCV

Received mailing from II today offering an AC for NCV

Danette :)

Danette

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great!! Summer '09??

If so, maybe there is yet hope for the Manor Club owners.

It says: "To be eligible for this special offer, you must deposit your week no later than 05Jul09, and the dates of the week you are depositing must fall between 03Sep09 and 23Dec09."

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
It says: "To be eligible for this special offer, you must deposit your week no later than 05Jul09, and the dates of the week you are depositing must fall between 03Sep09 and 23Dec09."

so why give an ac for 'low' season?

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is interesting. :shrug:

II has been offering AC's for Waiohai through mid-September of '09 for many months now, but I just got an II mailer asking specifically for week 44 (November 1, '09). That too seems a little odd IMO.

Terry

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
I just checked on II using my dummy 2009 Barony week (last week in silver season). Notation popped up AC available for check-in dates of March 19, 2009 thru September 2, 2009. That's the last week in silver, all of spring gold, all of summer platinum, and first week of gold in the fall.

Too bad I turned in my week several months ago.

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me, but I had previously seen the AC offered on the website so I called. They said they were still offering AC's and they should be on the website. They gave me an AC.

Thanks for that tipp!

Does not sound like an easy process....

I am living in Germany and talking to II Germany, so perhaps this is more complicated than in the US:

I called Interval and asked for an AC if I deposit the Horizons Branson Master Suite (1 BR) week.

The rep (who did not sound knowledgable at all like always with II Germany...) told me that she can not do anything as this is a Marriott week. I should call Marriott Owner services as only they see if they offer ACs (as ACs are given by Marriott, not by II !?!)

So I called Marriott. The rep there told me that she would have to call II as she does not know if II offers an AC.

She called me back half an hour later and told that II offers ACs for my week.

Then she deposited the weeks for me, which I now see online in my II account as being deposited.

Then she told me that I would have to call II and ask for the ACs.

Shouldn't this happen automatically? Or does an II rep manually have to give me the AC?

I am not too motivated to call unknowledgable II again....

How long does it usually take until ACs show up online in my II account?

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could motivate myself to call II again and ask for the AC.

The same unknowledgable rep told me that the deposit should have a remark that it gets an AC but my deposit does not have such an remark.

If the AC does not show up in my online account within a week, I should call back.

When I mentioned that Marriott confirmed with II (like the Marriott rep told me) that the week would get an AC she just said "A lot is told which is not always true".

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
First of all, the AC's are offered by II, not Marriott. At some Marriott resorts there are agreements between II and Marriott where new buyers are guaranteed AC's for a few years after they purchase, but after that time period expires it is all about supply and demand as determined by II.

It does take a few days for the AC to show up in your II account. I would just wait a bit before calling II back if you have been frustrated with them.

Terry

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked Horizon Branson for early July and got the AC for the one bedroom but it didn't come up online, only when I called in. I had checked here so knew it was likely available.
I got one for mid June 2009.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Didn't ask her how much depositing close to the 60 day date would affect trading power.
And they wouldn't have told you if you had, at least not honestly. Generally trade power starts declining around 10 months out. It seems to decline less for higher demand higher rated options. I deposited a Surfwatch unit about 4 months out and it has seemed to affect trade power somewhat based on my online playing.

leskiw

TUG Member
Reaction score
AC for MMC now available but what good is it!

Great!! Summer '09??

If so, maybe there is yet hope for the Manor Club owners.

I just looked on II and they are now offering an AC for MMC this year's bookings. These are the exact words off the II site when I go and look at my 2008 week (which I deposited over a year ago):

"If your check-in date is between September 4 and October 29, 2008, just deposit this week to qualify for a bonus Resort Accommodation Certificate! It's that easy. Don't wait … deposit now! "

No way I could have held on until now!
Super Dave

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Super Dave,
This entire thread is about 2009 weeks, not 2008 as your II offer is for. To date no bonus weeks have been offered for 2009 weeks at MMC.

It appears to be the first time that II has gone this long without offering AC's at MANY resorts.

Terry

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
Does anyone know the 2009 date ranges that II is offering AC's for Marriott Desert Springs Villas II ?

Thanks you!

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No AC for Sunset pointe

I understand that fewer AC's were given for 2009 deposits.... but can anyone explain why Harbour Point receives a bonus week for 4/23 - 9/9/09, and Sunset Pointe does not? They are practically the same property! I have a Fourth of July week I was going to deposit until I found out there is no bonus week attached. II Customer Relations couldn't give me an answer.... I spoke with Bill and he was confused as well and said the department that determines who gets the bonus weeks won't tell why.....it's a State secret. I also called Marriott Owner Services and the manager at Sunset Pointe, who is getting in touch with the II rep in Hilton Head. This makes NO sense at all since they are sister properties and if I deposit my July 4 week, it will disappear in a nanosecond. Any suggestions?

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At ant time did II offer AC's for Sunset Point for '09 weeks?
Is II still offering AC's for Harbour Point currently?

AMJ

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Terry,
II is still offering ACs for Harbour Point 2009 summer weeks.

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
According to an II rep, no AC's were ever offered for 2009 deposits.

erm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received an AC for my week 30 HP but no AC for Sunset Pt. sport(gold). This is the first year II has not offered an AC for Sunset.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is shocking considering it is hilton head summer, one of the highest demand areas! Oh my.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Very surprising that one gets it and the other does not. :shrug:

Each year II seems to drop the number of resorts getting AC's. I would not be one bit surprised if II doesn't offer AC's for Marriotts in Hawaii next year (2010). They are not currently offering an AC for Waioahi week 52 of '09. :eek: