• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Acadia Village Resort

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
Hi. We're doing our first trip since Covid. Acadia Village Resort, 8/14-8/21. We're staying in 59A, which according to their website is the side with a full kitchen in the lockout units. How well equipped are the A side kitchens? We'll probably be eating breakfast and dinner in the unit most days. We usually bring a few pre-made dinners (frozen) from home and then pickup something local to cook for the other dinners. Also, are there grills in usable condition on the property. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Jeff

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just stayed in 53A. We were very pleased with how well set up the kitchens were, we cooked most meals in. Hannaford, the local grocery store, has a great pick up service, and they carry Hello Fresh meals, as well as a great store brand seafood chowder. The units are in a circle and they back onto a grassy area with small gas grills. Please feel free to ask other questions, it was our second time here.

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
We stayed in 54A, also in the Villas section where your unit is located. Here is a resort layout from 2005. I remember the kitchen being pretty well stocked with cookware as well ( we usually had breakfast and sometimes dinner in) . Also the resort staff was very helpful so you can call the resort and ask if needed.

Greg
AVRmap.jpg

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a great trip! We stayed there last summer and it was one of our favorites. The timeshare is not fancy but in a great location and we loved all that Acadia National Park had to offer in terms of hiking and biking opportunities.

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
Thank you all for the replies. Glad to hear that the grills are in working order. @MommaBear, was the pool open? We plan on exploring the park mostly. We did book a lighthouse and puffin cruise for one morning. We also plan on going up to Cadillac Mtn for the sunrise another. Any other suggestions? We're just happy to be going somewhere.

Jeff

MommaBear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. Glad to hear that the grills are in working order. @MommaBear, was the pool open? We plan on exploring the park mostly. We did book a lighthouse and puffin cruise for one morning. We also plan on going up to Cadillac Mtn for the sunrise another. Any other suggestions? We're just happy to be going somewhere.

Jeff
The pool was open, it's inside. I'm more of a sunset person... Sunrise comes too early. If you like Bbq and beer, Atlantic Brewing and Mainely Meat are delicious. The walk from Sand Beach to Otter Point and back is extremely scenic and easy walking. The ocean walk in Bar Harbor is also great, just not enough people wearing masks for our comfort. Make sure you go to Schoodic Point.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score

Jeff
Do you like to bike? We rented bikes in Bar Harbor and did a 20 mile loop on the carriage rd. It was really nice. Only horses, bikes and foot traffic. Mostly easy riding. We also went to the lumberjack show. It was entertaining. Not sure if it would be going on with COVID and all.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
The A units have A/C, dishwasher and a full array of basic supplies. There is also a lobster pot if you decide to cook your own and if you need anything else, they may have one for you if you call the office. There also is a washer and dryer shared by the A and B units.
On a windy or stormy day a trip down route 1 to the Schoodic peninsula part of the National Park is nice. You can also explore the towns on a trip down route 1 or even go to Campobello just across the border in Canada (I think the border might be opening). The main part of the National Park is only about 15 miles from the resort and one could spend a whole day there. Stores are mostly under a mile from the resort including a Walmart, and Shaws (grocery), Hanniford (grocery) along with Walgreens and a discount chain called Mardens.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
The A units have A/C, dishwasher and a full array of basic supplies. There is also a lobster pot if you decide to cook your own and if you need anything else, they may have one for you if you call the office. There also is a washer and dryer shared by the A and B units.
On a windy or stormy day a trip down route 1 to the Schoodic peninsula part of the National Park is nice. You can also explore the towns on a trip down route 1 or even go to Campobello just across the border in Canada (I think the border might be opening). The main part of the National Park is only about 15 miles from the resort and one could spend a whole day there. Stores are mostly under a mile from the resort including a Walmart, and Shaws (grocery), Hanniford (grocery) along with Walgreens and a discount chain called Mardens.
One of these days, we have to get to this resort. It looks like such a great location. Don't forget that there's an LL Bean Outlet store in Ellsworth, too. But Mardens might be our favorite spot. :) Should have bought it...when I saw it...at Mardens. (The Mainers amongst us will understand!)

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We also exchanged in last July. Our confirmation was for one of those A units for our party of 3 adults. At the last minute b4 travel our friend pulled her back, therefore wasn't keen on a sleeper sofa, so I called to inquire about rentals. The accommodating staff had a couple of vacancies, one with adjoining A&B units (they share a front door), so they switched us to a different A and our friend rented the adjoining B side, giving us both sides which worked great. We opened up the sleeper sofa to check it, and our friend was glad to have avoided it - she had to keep her back in shape for our 2 or 3 hikes per day. We never ate dinners in, too many lobster restaurants to choose from, and never hung out at the resort during the long days, but appreciated the location and basic comfort - I hadn't been back to Acadia since first visit 45 years ago. I was a fairly recent II-member, exactly to have access to locations like this and was glad something popped up for me so quickly.

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Laurie--we never did do our private trade that we had discussed lo those many years ago, LOL!

I just got back from Maine. I miss it. *sigh*

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Laurie--we never did do our private trade that we had discussed lo those many years ago, LOL!

I just got back from Maine. I miss it. *sigh*
Yes, that would have been even better, now that you mention it!

Glad you got to Maine this year -- this is a hard one to spend at home in NC all summer!