• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC - Your Home Resort Group

SBtraveler

Reaction score
So, I have my first AC and am wondering, about the cannot be used at Your Home Resort Group clause. Does that me it cannot be used for Marriott exchanges? Does that mean even during flexchange?
Thanks

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So, I have my first AC and am wondering, about the cannot be used at Your Home Resort Group clause. Does that me it cannot be used for Marriott exchanges? Does that mean even during flexchange?
Thanks

I thought it was only at your home resort?

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
It means you can't use it at your home resort but you could use it at other Marriotts. I received one for my Timberlodge deposit so in II, I see most Marriotts except not the Timberlodge. I usually use it during the flexchange period to maximize my usage of the certificate. It's interesting that I can pull up the Marriott Grand Residence in Tahoe, but not the Timberlodge.

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, it's not where you own, but where you traded to get that AC. What ever location you used which resulted in an AC, you cannot use the AC to get a room at that same location.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Might need to clarify that statement a bit.
Usually you receive an AC for a deposit not a trade.

Terry

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. Don't you have to own something to deposit it?

Are you saying that if you own resorts A, B & C, and you deposit A & receive an AC for that deposit, then you can use that AC to trade into B or C but not A?

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. I only know this because of a recent experience. I deposited a unit in Timber Lodge and a unit in Shadow Ridge and I received an AC for both. With the AC that I received from my Timber Lodge deposit, I could not pull up any availability for Timber Lodge. When I searched for availability with the AC I received from my Shadow Ridge deposit, I saw multiple units available in Timber Lodge. So, I concluded that the system will not show you units in the resort you deposited, but it will show you other Marriott properties.