• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC question

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im new to II. Please be gentle.
Are all AC's equivalent or do they have different values based on the underlying deposit?
THX:)

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
The AC you receive has the same trade power as your deposit. However, there are a lot of restrictions for exchanging it based on what II determines as excess inventory. There are also several versions issued each year. Mine had only a black-out for Easter & a no use at home resort restriction. Others have reported a long list of excluded resorts. My Hawaii deposits resulted in ACs that cost $399 for a 2 bedroom. I used them for Disney off season. My Nevada resort got one that is $299 for a 2 bedroom. I'm going to Sedona in the Spring with it.

I like them but they take some work to get value out of them.
Hope this is helpful.
Julie

Ladyg45

Reaction score
What are AC's?????

happymum said:
Im new to II. Please be gentle.
Are all AC's equivalent or do they have different values based on the underlying deposit?
THX:)
New to this group lots of questions? What are AC's

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I know the answer!

Accomodation Certificates that are sometimes issued by Interval International as a reward for depositing you week. They can be used as a "bonus week" for another reservation, subject to the restrictions listed above.;)

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
ac costs?

I didn't realize AC had different costs for the same 2 bedroom.
I get AC's for my Aruba weeks and I thought they were around $249 - sure the price probably went up.

But are you saving some ac's pull lower transfer cost than others (for same number of beds?

darcy

Reaction score
Another AC question...I believe that I have read that you sometimes have to ask for an AC, it may not be offered up front. So does that mean I should call and talk to somebody when depositing my week, instead of depositing on the website?

Thanks!
darcy

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Mine had only a black-out for Easter & a no use at home resort restriction. Others have reported a long list of excluded resorts.
Such differences commonly exist between the online version and printed version of the same AC.

As an example of common online wording, see post # 15 in this thread. My two most recent ACs had that exact wording (except for different expiration dates) when I looked online at the "More Details" link for my ACs. However, the printed versions of the ACs, which I received in the mail about 10 days later, had only a home-resort restriction along with the Easter restriction.

II consistently says that the less restrictive language in the printed version is what II follows.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Another AC question...I believe that I have read that you sometimes have to ask for an AC, it may not be offered up front. So does that mean I should call and talk to somebody when depositing my week, instead of depositing on the website?
Often, yes.

Sometimes, you'll see a note in your II account stating that if you deposit your week by a certain date, you'll get an AC. You can rely on that (but print and retain the wording!) to make an online deposit.

Sometimes, you'll get an AC after depositing without asking for one, as I did on my two most recent deposits.

However, there have been reports here of people depositing identical weeks with (A) those who ask for an AC, receiving an AC, and (B) those who don't ask, not receiving an AC.

Thus, if there is uncertainty, it's a good idea to call and ask. In some cases, where II hasn't yet decided whether to give an AC for a particular deposit, it might be worth delaying your deposit until a decision is reached, taking the risk that your week might have lower trading power due to the lateness of your eventual deposit.

lostinjapan14

TUG Member
Reaction score
However, the printed versions of the ACs, which I received in the mail about 10 days later, had only a home-resort restriction along with the Easter restriction.

Were those the MGC ACs? I read in another thread that it is possible to trade into your home resort if your resort has two codes or that if you can see it, you can book it. However I'm not sure if they were talking about exchanges only or about ACs as well.

If the II site shows you things you aren't supposed to book, and you book it, can you later be denied your reservation?