• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC Offered for II Getaway Purchase

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Well, I decided to purchase a February Getaway from II over the weekend rather than wait until later because II was offering a $199 2BR AC with each Getaway purchase, usable only within 59 days of check-in. My theory was that because we like to travel off season and are flexible we would find a use for it. We still might as it does not expire for a year but I am now skeptical as it appears to be by far the least powerful AC I have ever encountered.

As an experiment, I looked at the grid for the next two months and did some experimental searches on II. I was unable to find a single Marriott available for the next 59 days in any location, NOT EVEN A STUDIO. I have never even heard of the vast majority of resorts included, and Sheraton Vistana in Orlando was the only one I could find that was even from a higher end name company. I tried all the locations on the grid where Marriott has a timeshare. Even the quantity of lesser resorts available was very limited. I was not expecting much, but that would have been OK had there been even Marriott studios available. The months involved include mud season at the ski resorts, August in Phoenix, and hurricane season in Florida. We were not expecting to use it until next year, but I am now thinking that it will be unlikely to find anything we would consider.

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
That is interesting. We have two AC's received from Getaway purchases in early June when they ran the same promotion ($199 AC good for a year with 59 day window). With both of them I can currently see over 70 check in dates for 1 & 2 bedrooms between the 3 Marriott Palm Spring Locations for dates from Sept - mid October. This excludes studios as I did not count those. Several weeks ago when the 59 day window was July- early Sept there were NO palm springs 1-2 bedroom Marriott units showing up (makes sense as these are busier summer weeks). Just the reverse for Orlando - currently only see studios. However several weeks ago there were one and two bedrooms within the 59 day window....

I have a few AC's and recently asked II why if a location & month are on the grid for both AC's, and both AC's are priced about the same ($269 1bdrm vs $259 flat rate) why can I not see the same inventory with both AC's? I was advised inventory varies by AC type and those AC's given in exchange for something (i.e. deposit or getaway) are stronger than those "valued customer AC's which just pop up". I was also told the farther out the expiration date, the stronger the AC...was advised this from 2 different II reps...

Hope over time you find something. Seems like inventory for the 59 day AC's does change vs. the valued customer AC where inventory was used up shortly after issuance.

TRAVELING FOOL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I decided to purchase a February Getaway from II over the weekend rather than wait until later because II was offering a $199 2BR AC with each Getaway purchase, usable only within 59 days of check-in. My theory was that because we like to travel off season and are flexible we would find a use for it. We still might as it does not expire for a year but I am now skeptical as it appears to be by far the least powerful AC I have ever encountered.

As an experiment, I looked at the grid for the next two months and did some experimental searches on II. I was unable to find a single Marriott available for the next 59 days in any location, NOT EVEN A STUDIO. I have never even heard of the vast majority of resorts included, and Sheraton Vistana in Orlando was the only one I could find that was even from a higher end name company. I tried all the locations on the grid where Marriott has a timeshare. Even the quantity of lesser resorts available was very limited. I was not expecting much, but that would have been OK had there been even Marriott studios available. The months involved include mud season at the ski resorts, August in Phoenix, and hurricane season in Florida. We were not expecting to use it until next year, but I am now thinking that it will be unlikely to find anything we would consider.

You may get lucky like we did. We got an AC for 199 from a getaway we purchased last year and were able to find a one bedroom on the 9th floor in the Lighthouse Tower at Aruba Surf Club this past May. Was shocked because the grid had not shown much until one day I found this. We ended up adding a getaway week in HH in January to our other week, before heading to Oceana Palms. We find the weather windy but sunny and a whole lot better than the snow up north! We found plenty to keep us busy.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have one of those ACs from a getaway purchase last week. I tried 4 areas and can see plenty of Marriotts.

Orlando - just about ever resort, even a 3BR at imperial
Palm Desert, CA - 2BRs available
Carribean - Aruba Beach a 1BR and St Kitts 2BRs

Most of these are spread out anytime from Sept - October.

Try again....if you still can't see I would call II, maybe some sort of glitch.

Also, another trick with these. The grid drops at 14 days out.