• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 29 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Come check it out for a chance to win a Free TUG membership (or renewal) just for helping out!

Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $19,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $19 Million dollars
  • Our 2022 Timeshare Survey is now complete and the full results as well as our expert and witty analysis of each question is available here: Here We hope you enjoy reading the results as much as we did!
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! 50,000+ subscribers! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Abound! This Weekend?

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
The way things have gone previously, I feel they dropped a zero from their time estimate of 12 to 15 hours. 120 to 150 hours seems more appropriate.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Seems unlikely this will result in the launch of Abound but is instead another step on the way like Ron Essig referred to in his website updates message on the owner homepage. They haven't announced anything changing their late October launch date. But you never know ;)

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
take screen shots of reservations just in case

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Destination Club Points
Marriot Harbour Lake
Last time12-15 hours=96 hours…give or take 24 hours...just saying

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a typo, it's 12 X 15 hrs. 12 15hr work days to do what they need to do

craigc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check the logs eh......pathetic!
1663862350482.png

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
What logs are they referring to? I can't find anything on the MVC website

Oh Craig, have you tried only selecting one resort? Maybe 10 is overloading the system

eyedude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Newport Coast (Platinum Plus and Platinum), Marriott Mountainside (ski week), Marriott Maui Ocean Club Lahaina (week 35 and 50), DSV 2 (red)
I received an email last night from Marriott to update my account because my weeks are in a trust. They said it is for " Online enhancements to Entity ownership accounts". I now have three Marriott numbers. One for the trust, one for me, one for my wife.

craigc

TUG Member
Reaction score
What logs are they referring to? I can't find anything on the MVC website

Oh Craig, have you tried only selecting one resort? Maybe 10 is overloading the system
I logged out and back in and reduced the search to 6 properties and was able to view the search results so you might be correct about 10 being too many.....thanks.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received an email last night from Marriott to update my account because my weeks are in a trust. They said it is for " Online enhancements to Entity ownership accounts". I now have three Marriott numbers. One for the trust, one for me, one for my wife.
We got the same email last night.
If we read the email correctly, we may not actually to do anything because we already have the login for the trust and the trust is under my name as the primary. And, up until today we've already have three accounts, one for the trust, one for myself and one for my partner, both of us are trustees of the trust.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I logged out and back in and reduced the search to 6 properties and was able to view the search results so you might be correct about 10 being too many.....thanks.
I'm thinking, the more search properties you use, the more system memory it takes. Maybe their system is seriously getting hammered right now, so reducing system resources makes everything work better.

eyedude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Newport Coast (Platinum Plus and Platinum), Marriott Mountainside (ski week), Marriott Maui Ocean Club Lahaina (week 35 and 50), DSV 2 (red)
We got the same email last night.
If we read the email correctly, we may not actually to do anything because we already have the login for the trust and the trust is under my name as the primary. And, up until today we've already have three accounts, one for the trust, one for myself and one for my partner, both of us are trustees of the trust.
I think you are fine...nothing to do

rickxylon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aruba Ocean Club
Aruba Surf Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Phuket Beach Club
I'm thinking, the more search properties you use, the more system memory it takes. Maybe their system is seriously getting hammered right now, so reducing system resources makes everything work better.
I get the same message when searching with just 2.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
not falling for that again!

normab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Omg. Marriott needs to hire a better IT firm. Just sayIn’ after too many years of dealing with their website problems…

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Omg. Marriott needs to hire a better IT firm. Just sayIn’ after too many years of dealing with their website problems…
All they need to do is offer more stock and take the proceeds to hire competent professionals to fix their ANTIQUATED IT SYSTEM and trained their staff accordingly to run it and call it a day.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott Vacation Club Pulse® at Custom House, Boston, Marriott Grand Residence Club®, Lake Tahoe - Quarter Shares, Marriott's Grande Vista, Marriott's Newport Coast Villas, Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club
Check the logs eh......pathetic!View attachment 65312
I had these problems for months, including the Outside Booking Window error message. I agree with the other posters that limiting your search to fewer properties can help. I have had days where Chrome was better, then the next day, Edge was better, and then the next day Firefox was better. On some days, only my iPhone using Safari seemed to work. Then, the biggest fix for me, and which has worked continuously well now for the past few weeks, is to just close the entire browser - not just the web page or tab you are using - but the entire browser. Then reopen and log back on and everything seems to work great for the rest of the day or two. When the errors come back, rinse and repeat. So if anyone is having these problems, try it. It did wonders for me.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista
Marriott's Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
It anyone else trying to login right now and just being diverted to a screen asking you to connect your ownership?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista
Marriott's Harbour Lake
No. Seeing normal site and even did a points search.
I was able to log back in, but I had to reconnect my ownership first.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista
Marriott's Harbour Lake
What do you mean by ' reconnect my ownership first'?
When I logged in, I was presented with a screen asking for first and last name along with Owner Number asking me to Connect our Ownership. When you create an online account, it is just that, a website profile. It apparently needed to be connected to our ownership number even though it had been previously.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I logged in, I was presented with a screen asking for first and last name along with Owner Number asking me to Connect our Ownership. When you create an online account, it is just that, a website profile. It apparently needed to be connected to our ownership number even though it had been previously.
I didn't have this issue/prompt.