• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Abound Owners Sweepstakes [MERGED]

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Wow....good for you. So far, I'm just an add'l entry "winner" like most.

Do you have a secret....play early in the day, late in the day, start in lower right corner, etc? ;-)
He said previously it's probably because he's up at farmer hours, long before us non-agrarians. ;-P

kyaustin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've played nearly every morning (but not super early) and have yet to win anything other than draw entries....it's a bummer for me so far.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Nothing but sweepstakes entries for me. Another Marriott sham if you ask me lol

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I was starting to feel that way too..until I won 500 Plus Points yesterday…keep trying…..Tomorrow may be your lucky day
Yeahhhhhh I won!!! One more entry lol

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Sometimes when I click button to play the site immediately tells me thanks for playing and doesn't put up the game. I don't "win" anything, not even a sweepstakes entry. It can happen at all times of day. Anyone encounter that?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Sometimes when I click button to play the site immediately tells me thanks for playing and doesn't put up the game. I don't "win" anything, not even a sweepstakes entry. It can happen at all times of day. Anyone encounter that?
Haven't seen that, but make sure you don't have any ad blockers turned on.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Happened to me once so far.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Haven't seen that, but make sure you don't have any ad blockers turned on.
It happens mainly on my mobile phone, but I could also play the game on my phone last week AFTER it wouldn't let me on previous days. Has also occurred on my laptop. It's intermittent. I have an ad blocker on my laptop, but also been able to play game on it.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, odd. I cannot find a single link to the sweepstakes after logging in on either Safari, Firefox, Chrome or Edge.

Fallenone

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club Points
My heart raced so fast yesterday when I saw there was a win for the daily instant game. Turned out the prize was 1 entry for the grand prize. bummer.

marriottdude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Westin/St. Johns and Grand Vista Owner
I just get "ineligible email domain" for my yahoo address. : (

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just get "ineligible email domain" for my yahoo address. : (
I got this misleading error message at the beginning before I understood that I had to login to MVC first, then click on the link in the email. A new tab appears that shows the Abound entry point, then says 'redirecting...' and I'm good to go.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but it's not there on my log in. My first box still has the "Announcing Marriott's Bali Nusa Dua Terrace, Reserve Your Stay Now" box. There is simply no reference to the sweepstakes anywhere. When I tried to register outside the site, I could never get past the invalid email domain error message.

EDIT: After a few more failed efforts to register, and getting the same invalid email domain error message, it is now showing up at log in using the Chrome Browser. Thanks everyone for the help.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks, but it's not there on my log in. My first box still has the "Announcing Marriott's Bali Nusa Dua Terrace, Reserve Your Stay Now" box. There is simply no reference to the sweepstakes anywhere. When I tried to register outside the site, I could never get past the invalid email domain error message.

EDIT: After a few more failed efforts to register, and getting the same invalid email domain error message, it is now showing up at log in using the Chrome Browser. Thanks everyone for the help.
I have found that uBlock Origin (ad blocker) will block that Abound Contest tile when the ad blocker is turned on. Other ad blockers may do the same.

paxlin

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Hacienda Encantada
Marriott Summit Watch
all owners. just login to the website.

I got this misleading error message at the beginning before I understood that I had to login to MVC first, then click on the link in the email. A new tab appears that shows the Abound entry point, then says 'redirecting...' and I'm good to go.
Hmm, must be only open to enrolled owners then.
Tried to sign up for the sweepstake but keep on saying ineligible email domain, even though I am logged in.
I also do not get the email announcing the sweepstakes.

LEMONLEE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tried to sign up for the sweepstake but keep on saying ineligible email domain, even though I am logged in.
We are not enrolled owners and I've been playing every day. Even won the 500 PlusPoints or 11,200 Bonvoy Points last week. Assuming I'll be granted the Bonvoy Points since I have no idea what PlusPoints are :)

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found I have to turn my VPN off for the box to appear on the MVC website after login. Once I figured that out, I've been able to play every day without issue. Have won twice (other than sweepstakes entries), but have not received either prize yet.

Maybe we should track who has accumulated the most sweepstakes entries, as another wonderful yet meaningless way to win!!

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score

I own nothing but re-sale weeks. Not enrolled and I have been playing. I have only won entries thus far.

Fi2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
only Platinum MVC - Fairway Villas, Newport Coast, Grande Vista, Desert Springs, Summit Watch (x2), Grande Ocean OS (x2), and too many destination points
So, odd. I cannot find a single link to the sweepstakes after logging in on either Safari, Firefox, Chrome or Edge.
That is odd. Are you scrolling down your home page? The dark blue attachment featured in post #1 appears on my home page, just after I log in.