• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Abound Owners Sweepstakes [MERGED]

curitiba_tapley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club
Marriott's Harbor Lake
Club Wyndham Access
MVC just started an Owners Sweepstakes to teach owners about Abound. Grand Prize is annual MFs paid for a year (up to $5,000). Multiple daily entries.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Can't enter, getting this error message. Tried several different email addresses:

1673894566987.png

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Told me ineligible email domain

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I get the same "ineligible email domain" message

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I recently was on a website which wouldn't take my info without any explanation for what was wrong. Turned out it didn't like my ".net" domain ending. When I switched to a .com email, then all was good

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am a dual MVC/Vistana owner. It looks like I can do the instant win game on each site. These instant win games are usually based on a timestamp. They randomly input certain timestamps to be a winner. The first person to finish the game after that time wins.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Getting "ineligible email domain" for both my Yahoo! and Gmail email addresses...

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the links is not for owners - it is for “The Promotion is open only to Marriott Vacation Club and Vistana Signature Experiences employees (“Associates”) “If you get the domain message that is why

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
One of the links is not for owners - it is for “The Promotion is open only to Marriott Vacation Club and Vistana Signature Experiences employees (“Associates”) “If you get the domain message that is why

I am trying to register for the promotion for the owners, still getting email domain error. I tried using different email addresses at different domains - still the same error.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I didn't get the email but was able to access it after I logged on. The cookie crumb approach to educate about Abound is effective. Not sure I will login every day but at least they got a bit of education across with one contact.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC

I am using the link that is in the pdf rules document above.

I tried logging into the mvc website before using the link - same error...

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am trying to register for the promotion for the owners, still getting email domain error. I tried using different email addresses at different domains - still the same error.
I saw that email to register at one time, but I don't think it should be there. The first time I logged in, I didn't have that and just played the instant win game and watch the videos and such. Another time I went in it awas asking for my name and email.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know what if anything changed at their end (aside from the ability to login to the MVC website), but if I open a window, login to MVC's website, and then click on the link in the email it all works. YMMV.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a link on the owner site now. Just login and look down the page

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
There is a link on the owner site now. Just login and look down the page
I think it has always been there. I was using that link yesterday after someone pointed it out.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have only gone to the Abound Owner Sweepstake for the first time today.
I just followed the link in the email on my iPad with Safari though, which took me to the Owner login page and when I logged in it took me straight to the sweepstake.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am using the link that is in the pdf rules document above.

I tried logging into the mvc website before using the link - same error...
This is for associates when you log on to your account it automatically connects you

Last edited:

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else disappointed in this entire MVC/Abound/Vistana etc venture? The new inventory is unappealing, more competition for desirable properties, a website that is - when working - slow and cumbersome, etc.
The tie-ins with Collette and the cruises offer no value. Points required to book a hotel on the Destinations site are way more than the actual cost. I could go on. Will very likely leave MVC within the next couple of years. It was nice while it lasted.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else disappointed in this entire MVC/Abound/Vistana etc venture? The new inventory is unappealing, more competition for desirable properties, a website that is - when working - slow and cumbersome, etc.
The tie-ins with Collette and the cruises offer no value. Points required to book a hotel on the Destinations site are way more than the actual cost. I could go on. Will very likely leave MVC within the next couple of years. It was nice while it lasted.
I'm happy with the core and contractual MVC product. I use weeks, exchange and use points. I have never seen a timeshare system that could convert rooms/points to cash options and have it make sense other than short notice or very limited situations and one should not expect those to make sense compared to just using cash. Personally I don't see that the merger adds much from my perspective other than volume for the Westin HI options. Others will have different preferences and the added options might be very helpful for them.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Not at all. I'm looking forward to visiting the ex-Vistana properties in Mexico, Hawaii, and the Caribbean. Sure there are some dogs in there...but the same can be said for MVC. I've no idea if there will be more or less competition for desirable properties - we'll see if/when ex-Vistana owners start to elect their weeks in large numbers.

I haven't seen any big changes in MVC's cash valuation of DPs since the merger - it continues to hover around 35 cents/point. Admittedly this is only looking at hotels, resort credits, airline points and the like - I've never looked at Collette or cruises. In the past two years I've used a number of DPs trapped in holding (due to COVID) for hotels and resort credits. Knock on wood this won't be an issue moving forward, but as @Dean wrote, converting points to 'cash' only makes sense in limited situations.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean