• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Abound contest

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good catch. His first denial email specifically said 15,000 Bonvoy points. The second denial that I copied in above says StarOptions. Now I'm curious. I'll have to ask for clarification.
So it turns out the offer did indeed change from 15,000 Bonvoy points to 20,000 StarOptions (to expire at the end of 2024). To avoid further hassle I gave in and accepted the StarOptions.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So it turns out the offer did indeed change from 15,000 Bonvoy points to 20,000 StarOptions (to expire at the end of 2024). To avoid further hassle I gave in and accepted the StarOptions.
As long as you are okay with the deal at the end. Though I suspect you could extract more value out of the 1,000 Club Points vs 20,000 StarOptions, but is that extra hassle worth it?

I just find it odd that they obliged when other people pushed back, but not in your case.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as you are okay with the deal at the end. Though I suspect you could extract more value out of the 1,000 Club Points vs 20,000 StarOptions, but is that extra hassle worth it?

I just find it odd that they obliged when other people pushed back, but not in your case.
I know I could get more value out of 1,000 Plus Points, but I'm just too lazy and not emotionally invested enough to keep pushing. But yes, it is weird that they gave the prizes to others. I think it's a matter of YMMV depending on who is handling your case, and I happened to get the person who is more stubborn than I am.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

When I asked for assistance, the customer advocate couldn't get any response at all from the department that ran the contest within MVW. They may have heard from them finally, though I suspect it's still incorrect information about what the rules allowed. Not impressed with that department, but the advocacy one came through for at least some of us.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I asked for assistance, the customer advocate couldn't get any response at all from the department that ran the contest within MVW. They may have heard from them finally, though I suspect it's still incorrect information about what the rules allowed. Not impressed with that department, but the advocacy one came through for at least some of us.
Sadly, it was Customer Advocacy that I was dealing with. I just got the short straw in the representative I was dealt.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Sadly, it was Customer Advocacy that I was dealing with. I just got the short straw in the representative I was dealt.

Or, they got tired of dealing with TUG folks. Regardless, it's draining to keep arguing. You should get some value out of 20,000 SOs. What can the TUG braintrust come up with to maximize those points?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you,
@dioxide45
@Eric B
@grgs
@sponger72

for the winners list, and customer advocacy emails and your experiences. I appreciate your posts.
I realized today that our Bonvoy points had not posted. I sent a note to claim them.

MntnClimr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
NCV
After 3 months of back-n-forth resulting in 3 consecutive rejections for different invalid reasons (according to their own rules!), today I finally received the 500 PlusPoints for my second win in the Abound contest. It took several calls and several emails with cut/paste lines from their own rules page as well as the PDF link/page numbers listing my name from their HelloWorld winners list. I think they're used to people just giving up easily......but not us Tuggers!
customer.advocacy@mvwc.com

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Booked 2nts in a 2BR at Marriott's Ocean Pointe for next week using 420/500 of my winnings. Guess there's some discount for last minute vs 600 regular price

Pretty good deal for free. How bad could it be? I'm expecting first floor parking lot view

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Booked 2nts in a 2BR at Marriott's Ocean Pointe for next week using 420/500 of my winnings. Guess there's some discount for last minute vs 600 regular price

Pretty good deal for free. How bad could it be? I'm expecting first floor parking lot view
What's your owner benefit level? Certain statuses have discounts within 60/30 days.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I do believe that Supreme Head Poobahs get 30% off inside 60 days. Might be 30 days. Have to check the chart.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I do believe that Supreme Head Poobahs get 30% off inside 60 days. Might be 30 days. Have to check the chart.
Executive = 25% off inside 30
Presidential & Chairman's = 30% inside 60