• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ab rocker, rocket, roller, wheel...any good?

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any of these Abdominal exercise gizmos?

Do they do more than plain old situps, or at least make it more fun (or less un-fun)?

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DH bought ab roller years ago and has yet to use it. I tried it once and would say, yes, it is more fun, but you have to watch a video while doing it (at least until you learn the program) and I already have my own exercise routines.
At this point in my life I refuse to lay on the floor for any exercise, so if I was working on my abs I would use this instead.

Reaction score
I use an ab roller, I do find that it forces me to do them correctly. Now all I need is something to force me to do them more regularly...:)

geekette

Reaction score
I heard somewhere that the ab roller can cause problems for your back.

My suggestion would be to get an exercise ball, the big rubber balls that usually come with a foot pump and poster containing different exercises. I love mine and use it A LOT. There are a ton of different exercises you can do on them.

Get the right size for you, keep it properly inflated, and pay attention to how tight you keep your abs for doing the exercises.