• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A Wonderful Family Reunion

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our son, DIL and two grandchildren arrived from Vietnam in June, after a three year absence. They were here in summer of 2019 and planned to come in 2020. Alas, Covid prevented them from coming and us from going. We had a great time during their 6 week stay! Along with our daughter and her family, there were 13 of us! We did a 5 day trip to Quebec, visiting Montreal and Quebec City. Each morning, it was like loading a tour bus, but instead we had 2 large vans. What an adventure!

We did an overnight in Niagara Falls, and loved the Maid of the Mist boat ride. The 3 year old twins were hilarious!
Most days, there were 9-10 for lunch and up to 16 or 17 for dinner (Son's friends were always dropping by , but the more the merrier!)

Our son loves to BBQ, and he loved doing the cooking, but not the cleanup. that was Mom's job.

I can't describe how happy our family time has made me feel, as we made so many new memories. it was hard to say goodbye, but we are hoping to travel overseas to their new home in Korea, and to welcome them home again next summer.

Dori

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That sounds amazing! Congratulations on a great visit! What sort of work does he/they do, to be working in such exotic locations?

Dave

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
So nice to be with family, and Canada is beautiful.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So happy it was such a memorable time together.

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds amazing! Congratulations on a great visit! What sort of work does he/they do, to be working in such exotic locations?

Dave
Dave, he is an elementary teacher in an International school. For the past 7 years he has been at the American International School in Ho Chi Minh. He and his family have just relocated to Songdo, South Korea, to take a position at another International school. Prior to Vietnam, he was teaching at a women's college in Seoul.

DH and I have been so fortunate to be able to visit them- 4 times to South Korea and 3 times to Vietnam. I see a return visit to Korea in the near future!

Dori

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Sounds like it was a fabulous, special time.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is just nothing like spending quality family time with the whole family timesharing, sightseeing, riding in a van talking about the good times and having a wholesome meals together. The word Together is the key to Family Time.IMHO.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, he is an elementary teacher in an International school. For the past 7 years he has been at the American International School in Ho Chi Minh. He and his family have just relocated to Songdo, South Korea, to take a position at another International school. Prior to Vietnam, he was teaching at a women's college in Seoul.

DH and I have been so fortunate to be able to visit them- 4 times to South Korea and 3 times to Vietnam. I see a return visit to Korea in the near future!

Dori

That's a great career, and such important work. Good for him! And rather exciting you get to visit there. :D

Dave

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Sounds like a wonderful trip, although my mind boggled at trying to wrangle that many people for dinner on vacation. We’ve had hurt feelings and “disgruntlements” with just two couples!

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, now that things have settled down on the home front, and all the cleaning and clearing out, returning borrowed bikes, neglected gardens have been somewhat restored, DH and I have booked a 4-day all-inclusive to Holguin, Cuba. We are going with our daughter and 4 of our grandchildren, but hey, Momma doesn't have to cook or clean! We couldn't pass it up, as the price was very cheap.

Dori

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Well, now that things have settled down on the home front, and all the cleaning and clearing out, returning borrowed bikes, neglected gardens have been somewhat restored, DH and I have booked a 4-day all-inclusive to Holguin, Cuba. We are going with our daughter and 4 of our grandchildren, but hey, Momma doesn't have to cook or clean! We couldn't pass it up, as the price was very cheap.

Dori

You're going to really enjoy that. Have a great time!

Dave

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

Dori

That sounds like fun. Cuba was on our list but I think we waited too long.

Bill

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back from our 4-day trip to Iberostar Resort in Holguin, Cuba. The weather was great- hot, but nice ocean breezes. Our ocean-view room was lovely and very clean. The food in Cuba is so-so, but we knew this ahead of time, so no surprises there. There are many shortages throughout the island, but the staff did what they could to make our stay enjoyable.

Luckily, we were at the opposite end of the island from the oil tank fires, so the skies were amazingly blue. We spent one day at the beautiful beach and did the catamaran activity. It was so much fun!

Dori

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Just got back from our 4-day trip to Iberostar Resort in Holguin, Cuba. The weather was great- hot, but nice ocean breezes. Our ocean-view room was lovely and very clean. The food in Cuba is so-so, but we knew this ahead of time, so no surprises there. There are many shortages throughout the island, but the staff did what they could to make our stay enjoyable.

Luckily, we were at the opposite end of the island from the oil tank fires, so the skies were amazingly blue. We spent one day at the beautiful beach and did the catamaran activity. It was so much fun!

Dori

How nice! Is travel to Cuba easier, since you're Canadian? I haven't tried to book anything from the US. I was at the Navy Base at Guantanamo Bay a million years ago, but it's not the same thing, I know. Maybe someday.

Dave

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have recently wonderful and precious memories. Happy all went well!!!

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
How nice! Is travel to Cuba easier, since you're Canadian? I haven't tried to book anything from the US. I was at the Navy Base at Guantanamo Bay a million years ago, but it's not the same thing, I know. Maybe someday.

Dave
Yes, Dave. It is very easy, and there are not restrictions, other than filling out an arrival document. We had a direct flight from Toronto, and sailed through immigration, had our passports stamped and were on our way. I don't know what would be entailed if travelling from the U.S., as there seem to be more restrictions. Some Americans who want to visit have flown from Toronto, and for some reason, don't get their passports stamped upon entering or leaving Cuba.

Dori