• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A Whale Tour from Molokai Today

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We took and awesome Whale Tour today with Molokai Ocean Tours. Thus was the most comfortable tour we have ever taken. Not to mention having the whales up close and personal.

Kim handled all the arrangements. We let time get away from us a bit and wanted to go in February but we forgot to book it and Kim booked it about a month ago. We got our Kama'aina Discount and it was $180 for both of us. It's only $190 for both of us without the discount so really affordable.

They only take 6 people out at a time so there is plenty of room even if they are fully booked. They had cancelations today and we were the only 2 for the tour. It qas like a private charter.

The Captain and his First Mate were excellent. It was very casual and we were just talking story with them the whole trip. It was 2 hours but was really about 2.5 hours by the time we got back to the Wharf.

We highly recommend Captain Pete and Art with Molokai Ocean Tours. We are definitely going again next year. We're glad we decided to go even if it was later in the season.

I'll be posting more video and pictures later. shaka

Here's the website.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Here's some pictures.

20230322_110258.jpg
20230322_110334.jpg
20230322_110347.jpg
20230322_110356.jpg
20230322_110358.jpg
20230323_071853.jpg
20230323_071859.jpg
20230323_071909.jpg
20230323_081428.jpg
20230323_081432.jpg

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Jeff, I love the whale tour thing you did, but even more important: Can I just say how amazing it is to see Kim doing so well? She dealt with her medical issues for so long, and you both were so stressed out all that time. it's wonderful to see her so relaxed and enjoying her life now.

I'm really, really happy for you both. shaka

Dave

P.S. And yes, the whales were awesome! :D

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
What Dave said! Doesn't Kim look just GREAT! Paula just said, "That'll be me in 6 months." I'll hold her to it. :)

J&P

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I also wanted to say how relaxed and happy Kim looks. I'm so happy for both of you!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff, I love the whale tour thing you did, but even more important: Can I just say how amazing it is to see Kim doing so well? She dealt with her medical issues for so long, and you both were so stressed out all that time. it's wonderful to see her so relaxed and enjoying her life now.

I'm really, really happy for you both. shaka

Dave

P.S. And yes, the whales were awesome! :D

Yes. She steals the show again. :thumbup:
There is not a day that goes by when each of us comments about how far she has come.

She had me nervous before the boat ride. Whe was talking about thinking of walking out to the front of the boat. o_O
But, because we are the only ones on the tour, there was no need and honestly because they only take 6 on a tour, I don't think it would have been necessary. shaka

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What Dave said! Doesn't Kim look just GREAT! Paula just said, "That'll be me in 6 months." I'll hold her to it. :)

J&P

It's hard for me to let go and let her try things again but she is to a point where she definitely knows best on what she can accomplish again.

We have those healing thoughts and prayers going Paula's way. It will take time but worth it in the end.

After that ordeal, it's great you two got back where you need to be to heal up. That makes for a long trip for you both. Sometimes, just returning home is a big win.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also wanted to say how relaxed and happy Kim looks. I'm so happy for both of you!

It always make me smile that she is up and ready for adventure again. I had to take a couple of Dramamine before the ride and when we got home took a 3 hour nap and that was with the nondrowsy ones. :D:ROFLMAO:

BTW, the ocean was perfect for the ride today and I was able to enjoy the whole ride.

It was overcast and the Captain said that makes it very hard to see when the whales get close to the boat. He said when the sun is out, you can get some nice photos of the whales swimming next to or going under the boat. Hopefully, next time.shaka

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here are some videos from today's trip. I still have to pull some video off my camcorder so I'll post those later.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
More short videos.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last short until I download my camcorder.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Great videos! Thanks so much for sharing them!

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The boat kind of looks like a whale. Looks fun!

Yes, the boat ride was great. It's named Manu Ele'ele, Black Bird. It's a 40 footer, about 40 years old and made right here on Molokai by a Master Boat builder who is now 87 and still building boats. shaka

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It took me a while to remember how to upload the videos from my camcorder. I will post these in 2 posts. I kept them short and a couple are just the ride.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It will have to be 3 posts. :D

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last ones.shaka