• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A lovely stay at Eagle Crest

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
I will go in and write a review, but wanted to share that we just got back from a wonderful week at Eagle Crest, in Central Oregon. We just picked up two EOY summer weeks for free, 22 MF and closing paid by seller, and bought with the intention of using the weeks ourselves most years rather than trading-we only live a couple hours a way and love central Oregon.

The units are all 2 bedroom, with a master upstairs and a bedroom with two twins downstairs. There is also a hideaway, which we didn’t need to use. They have recently been refurbished and are just lovely-well-decorated, a huge and lovely master shower, large kitchen island with nothing like a sink or stove top interrupting the surface (this is my preference as it’s what we have at home). We were able to get the unit next to my SIL and BIL, with a golf course view. Our deck was nicely shaded and we spent hours there with books and cocktails. My teenage daughter decided she likes golf so played a couple times-kids play free after 3.

Unit was nicely equipped-a wet bar, items in the kitchen that I don’t typically see (including a muffin tin and rolling pin), and a lockable closet on the porch large enough for a bike.

Now-the process to buy this week has been excruciating-going through Redweek verified and we are now 7 months from initial offer, still not closed. Fortunately, sellers made this reservation for us and we were able to use no problem. Closing docs came while we were there and so we will hopefully be done soon.

We spent a very relaxing week. Husband had no problem working remotely while there, and the rest of us did things like floating the Deschutes through Bend, visiting Sisters, and touring to nearby alpaca farm.

Totally recommend a visit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
0dbfbcb9b0b26205f0904c622ba5f63b.jpg

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
9a2e48bf1350234a18867156a9140ed5.jpg

There was so much storage throughout the unit-unlike other places where I haven’t been able to find a place to even put groceries.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Looks nice, hope the closings go smoothly. Thanks for sharing!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Great place. My Dad and Stepmother moved to Bend in 1972, and lived the rest of their lives there. Central Oregon is a great area. Hope you get many years of enjoyment from this ownership.

And I really like that shower stall in the bathroom. Very nice!

Dave

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Lovely. This is on our list to visit. Maybe we will try in 2023.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I will go in and write a review, but wanted to share that we just got back from a wonderful week at Eagle Crest, in Central Oregon. We just picked up two EOY summer weeks for free, 22 MF and closing paid by seller, and bought with the intention of using the weeks ourselves most years rather than trading-we only live a couple hours a way and love central Oregon.

The units are all 2 bedroom, with a master upstairs and a bedroom with two twins downstairs. There is also a hideaway, which we didn’t need to use. They have recently been refurbished and are just lovely-well-decorated, a huge and lovely master shower, large kitchen island with nothing like a sink or stove top interrupting the surface (this is my preference as it’s what we have at home). We were able to get the unit next to my SIL and BIL, with a golf course view. Our deck was nicely shaded and we spent hours there with books and cocktails. My teenage daughter decided she likes golf so played a couple times-kids play free after 3.

Unit was nicely equipped-a wet bar, items in the kitchen that I don’t typically see (including a muffin tin and rolling pin), and a lockable closet on the porch large enough for a bike.

Now-the process to buy this week has been excruciating-going through Redweek verified and we are now 7 months from initial offer, still not closed. Fortunately, sellers made this reservation for us and we were able to use no problem. Closing docs came while we were there and so we will hopefully be done soon.

We spent a very relaxing week. Husband had no problem working remotely while there, and the rest of us did things like floating the Deschutes through Bend, visiting Sisters, and touring to nearby alpaca farm.

Totally recommend a visit!

Thanks for the quick review! We'll be there on an exchange in 3 weeks. Hope exchangers and owners share the same bldg units. I was told we'd be assigned a townhouse.

What is check-in time?
Our confirmation says 6 pm, but website says 5. I need to call Eagle Crest to confirm time, and also check on having 2 cars for parking.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
We were told 5 but were able to get in at 4. They told us we get one spot marked with our unit number and would have to find another unmarked spot-but the reality was none of the spots had numbers on them and were able to park in the four spots we needed for our four units right in front for the entitle week.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
And I believe all the units are townhouses.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of the Worldmark units there are one level. So if you happen to trade into a unit that is a WM deposit into II, you could get a one level.

I believe all the units in the lodge itself are one level also. These units are more like hotel units with kitchenettes. I have never stayed in the lodge so I can’t speak to that first hand.

Most if not all of the lodge deposits are through the Worldmark site. I don’t know if I have ever seen anything smaller than a two bedroom unit available in II.

We love Eagle Crest as well and have considered obtaining a unit there to use ourselves every year, not to trade.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
We were there on an exchange through II in June of 2021 and loved it. Not sure buying would work for us, but we would love to go back and I always keep an eye on to come up. Thanks for a lovely reminder.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We had a few Eagle Crest in the past and it did work out nice when Trendwest and Worldmark were together and it only cost $29 to exchange a 2 bed Eagle Crest into 10,000 WM credits. For us, a week at Eagle Crest back then was too long because of obligations. Our use was bonus time mostly for golf and to visit relatives that live in the area. Now that we are retired we could do a week or two at Eagle Crest. For us, it is better to use our Worldmark to visit Eagle Crest than to actually own Eagle Crest.

Bill

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Great property. We have traded in several times.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Glad to see the positive reviews. We love the Bend area and have always thought about trading through Interval. Does anyone now the difference between the II resort codes for this property - ECR, WEC, EC1?

ranishi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did your closing on this timeshare ever happen? What was the process like working with Redweek? What were the steps? I am asking because I want to know what to expect. We are just starting the process. Thank you!

ranishi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did your closing on this timeshare ever happen? What was the process like working with Redweek? What were the steps? I am asking because I want to know what to expect. We are just starting the process. Thank you!

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
It finally happened but took about 9 months start to finish- glad we weren’t in a hurry. They often got things confused-“forgot” buyer was paying all fees, sent docs with wrong amounts, etc.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Looks like a great place to stay.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We had the same type of 2 bdrm townhouse unit as Limace. The downstairs bedroom was fairly dark tho,
because it is below ground with ceiling level windows
A nice, very family oriented resort.

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
We were on golf course side so our downstairs was at normal grand level-I think some of the canyon side units are like you describe.