• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A Hurricane Threatens My Vacation in Marco Island

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Did you stay at the Charter Club? If so how was the construction ? Thanks

Sorry, I was at Eagle's Nest.
They, too, had some construction... exterior concrete repairs... but
work was intermittent and did not interfere with our enjoyment.

Reactions: LMD

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Here we go again! This storm Sally is following the same path as Katrina, straight to New Orleans from Marco Island

Sally 9-12.JPG

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Here we go again! This storm Sally is following the same path as Katrina, straight to New Orleans from Marco Island

View attachment 26494

Prayers that it doesn't spin up into a major like Laura did! My Katrina-victim sister left this morning for a week at Orange Beach, AL. Sounds like she and her friends will be returning home earlier than expected, no matter what. I know they don't want a test of their post-Katrina repairs and additions (generators, etc.), and neither do I.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
That advisory looks like Sally is right on top of Marco, It's cloudy, but only a little drizzle of rain, and no wind. Everything is calm.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That advisory looks like Sally is right on top of Marco, It's cloudy, but only a little drizzle of rain, and no wind. Everything is calm.
Well, the winds certainly picked up and there is now plenty of rain. Lots of palm fronds blown down along Collier Blvd.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Well, the winds certainly picked up and there is now plenty of rain. Lots of palm fronds blown down along Collier Blvd.
There has been a little more rain, but I don't see any wind down here on Marco. Mostly quiet. The storm center is 50 miles off of Naples already, but there are some heavy rain bands still heading our way. Supposedly Sunday will be a rainy day, so I will plan on pumping out the pool, but not moving anything around from the wind. The news is saying 6 MPH winds on Marco, up to 20 in the Naples area.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
They are calling for 3 to 5 inches of rain tomorrow, but if you know Marco that is not really an issue. Almost every street drains into the Gulf of Mexico. Can't raise that 5 inches. We're not below sea level like New Orleans.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Must have had quite a bit of rain overnight....my pool is almost over flowing here in Naples. Looks like rain the rest of the day.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
There has been a little more rain, but I don't see any wind down here on Marco. Mostly quiet. The storm center is 50 miles off of Naples already, but there are some heavy rain bands still heading our way. Supposedly Sunday will be a rainy day, so I will plan on pumping out the pool, but not moving anything around from the wind. The news is saying 6 MPH winds on Marco, up to 20 in the Naples area.
We are at Marriott Crystal Shores now, I can confirm the wind where we were driving down Collier Blvd. One huge palm frond was completely across the road. Many others laying on the side of the street that you had to make sure to avoid. Lots of others laying around. It was pretty windy last night as we could hear it through our villa door. We are headed out today, haven't been out yet this morning to see what it is like. I didn't notice wind all day yesterday but it seemed that it had picked up by around 7:30 last night when we headed out to dinner.

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Lots of rain, and some killer lightning. Been like this almost every day since Labor Day weekend (not as much as today) My dog is afraid to go out.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We left Crystal Shores today. It rained pretty much all the way up past Tampa. We stopped for gas along the way and their card networks were down, they mentioned a possible lightning strike. This was an issue at two gas stations. We drove a little further up 75 and found pumps that were accepting card.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
That's why the Tampa hockey team is the LIGHTNING! It's the lightning capital of the world!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Guess what - there's another one.... I think this is the 10th - I've lost count

Storm.JPG
th going up the Gulf this year.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
That S might as well become an M and flatten my house. Getting tired of it.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
But it's just a lil' ol' TS... and be gone before ye know it.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep us updated Sea Six. I am supposed to fly in Monday afternoon

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Keep us updated Sea Six. I am supposed to fly in Monday afternoon
I'll post again Sunday. The path is wiggling around a bit yet. Heading more westerly into the gulf as of now.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
RapMarks , since you changed your flight to Sunday, I'll do a Saturday update. Marco is right in the path. We're told 45 to 60 MPH winds, but possible tornado and water spout activity. Tropical storm warnings are in place, with a hurricane watch. Also expect the surf to be up, some storm surge (2-4 ft), and possible street flooding from rain (4 to 8 ") . This is Eta, 4:00 PM Saturday:
Eta.JPG
. .

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
RapMarks , since you changed your flight to Sunday, I'll do a Saturday update. Marco is right in the path. We're told 45 to 60 MPH winds, but possible tornado and water spout activity. Tropical storm warnings are in place, with a hurricane watch. Also expect the surf to be up, some storm surge (2-4 ft), and possible street flooding from rain (4 to 8 ") . This is Eta, 4:00 PM Saturday:View attachment 28334. .
My goodness this is coming Sunday now?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
My goodness this is coming Sunday now?
No, Monday. But notice how SLOW it goes Tuesday, Wednesday out from Ft Myers - it may get stronger as it approached the Tampa area

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
(Message from Marco Island) Marco Island is now under a Tropical Storm Warning & Hurricane Watch. Within the next 48 hours, peak wind is forecasted to be between 45 and 60 miles per hour with gusts of 75 miles per hour. There is a potential for a 2 to 4-foot storm surge with 4 to 8 inches of rain. Marco Island is also under a storm surge & flood watch and a small craft advisory. If you have an emergency, call 9 1 1. For law enforcement or code related issues that are non-emergency call 239-389-5050. If you need to report any issues concerning debris, traffic lights or storm drains, call 239-825-0571. For water or sewer issues, call 239-394-3168

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
They do keep us informed:

(Message from Marco Island) Marco Island remains under a Tropical Storm Warning, Hurricane Watch, storm surge & flood watch. City of Marco Island facilities will be closed Monday. The City intends to hold its City Council Meeting at 530pm unless weather conditions deteriorate. No trash pick-up Monday. City of Marco Island staff are monitoring the storm and are on duty at all times. If you have an emergency, call 911. For law enforcement or code related issues that are non-emergency call 239-389-5050. If you need to report any issues concerning debris, traffic lights or storm drains, call 239-825-0571. For water or sewer issues, call 239-394-3168

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Oh, poo. Looks like this weekend will be a washout in N. Florida.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
It ain't over yet, and there's another one just south of Puerto Rico.
ETA 11-10.JPG