• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A huge thanks!!!

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can rent points.....from Marketplace ads: http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplace/

Specifically, points ads are here: http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplac...roomsMin=&BathroomsMax=&SleepsMin=&SleepsMax=

Points for rent just can't be posted in the "Last Minute" bargain rentals forum on TUG: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=16

Either way you are NOW renting a reservation as a guest of the rentor,

In the old days Prior to March 2009 {and currently with Worldmark} you rented the points, they were transferred to your account and you made the reservation yourself.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Most timeshare companies only work with either RCI or II. I believe it is resort-specific as to which exchange company.

I'm far from an expert on RCI, but my understanding is the exchange companies are essentially for timeshare weeks that someone else didn't want, couldn't use, or wanted to trade in exchange for somewhere someone else deposited into the exchange company. An exchange company is also used as a last-chance to save points or weeks that would otherwise be expiring. (I'm getting ready to deposit my 2013 expiring Wyndham points into RCI because I can't use them by year end. By depositing them into RCI, I can book something I see in RCI I want (and my points will cover) up to two years after they would have otherwise expired in Wyndham.)

I'm not sure this is accurate, it is a little misleading.

Many resorts that I know of that are affiliated with RCI or II or both of them also work with the independent companies such as Dial an Exchange, VRI and others.

The resort I own is affiliated with both II and RCI and they use DAE.

Just like the different developer points systems, the exchange companies are all different with different rules and it will take some time to get familiar with them.

jharris8567

Reaction score
Ok,

So I have been doing some HW and it looks like the only place that really has points avaliable for hotel stays is HGVC. Now i'm not sure if I have all the details correct, but that is what I need help with.

If I understand correctly I can buy HGVC points, lets say 5000 (which appears I can buy for a few thousand $ with a HOA and other fees for $1000/yr). I can then convert those points to hhonors points. From what I can tell the 2013 conversion was 20:1. So if i conver all of my 5000 points, they would become 100,000 HH points. Here is the part I don't understand....

My 5000 HGVC points can buy 2 weeks at resort in Cancun. But if I convert them to 100k HH points (according to the hhonors.com site) a 3 night stay (July 3 thru July 6) in Chicago would cost 120,000 points. So I can stay 2 weeks in Cancun, but not 3 nights in a DoubleTree in DT Chicago?

It doesn't add up! What am I missing? Are there different HHonors Point tables for timeshare members???

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re-read the chain - Where did the Timeshare Points for Hotel Stays come into the equation ?

In most cases usage of timeshare points for anything besides timeshare lodging (Hotels, Airfare. Cruises) is not cost effective, when you consider what you pay each year for the maintenance fees for those points.

When I had a million Hilton Honors (hotel) points I was always frustrated that I couldn't use them with their timeshare products in Hawaii

Last edited:

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You could try timeshare for rent on this site. Some of the prices are half what mfs would be..so it would work for less than week travels.

You could request the other site. Timeshare wanted. I for one, plan my vacations out a year in advance and more timeshares than I can use.

Also try SFX-resorts for thier specials. Good places at a good price if you can use them.