• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A corona virus related note of appreciation to the TUG community

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
During this rather stressful time, I have found TUG to be a great support. As a community jointly we talk, we share, we encourage, we challenge, and sometimes, we cry. Which I think is remarkable, considering that most of us have never met and exist to each other only as internet identities. Yet we are still bonded together in all manner of degree. Unlike so many sites, TUGgers aren't yelling, screaming, ranting, or dissembling. We are simply drawing together as an on-line community, with both commonality and diversity. Who would have thought that timesharing could have been such a unifying and supportive, even rational, resource during a pandemic?

So thank you to all TUGgers who have been taking time to post, share, debate, discuss, and inspire during these trying times. I know it has been relief, encouragement, and therapy for me, and I think it has been for many others.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Steve, Tug has become like an extended family to me over the last ~15 years I've been hanging out here. I haven't met you folks in person, but as I've joked before, "You're the best group of imaginary friends I've ever had." :)

Dave

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
And for all of those times I've started a statement to my family with the words "Well over on the timeshare board............................"

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Steve, Tug has become like an extended family to me one rthe last ~15 years I've been hanging out here. I haven't met you folks in person, but as I've joked before, "You're the best group of imaginary friends I've ever had." :)

Dave
We are not imaginary, some of us are real, especially me.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We are not imaginary, some of us are real, especially me.
And many of us have met others we first encountered on TUG. I do remember being a tiny bit apprehensive the first time I arranged to meet up with someone I'd met here. Turned out fine. :D

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
At less than five years, I am a relative newbie, compared to many of you. I very much enjoy the interaction and exchange of experiences and opinions here on TUG. I am always open to meeting fellow TUGgers if we happen to be in the same locale at the same time. So far my wife and I have met four of you. Without exception, they have all turned out to be wonderful, interesting people with whom we have enjoyed spending time. :wave:

geekette

Reaction score
Well, heck yeah! Tuggers are the best community. Collectively, we have solved a great many of life's problems and we have an enormous one staring us in the face. I call you "my friends from the internet". It seems to me that if someone here gets into a pinch in the next few months, there will be offers of help.

I was actually wondering if we should donate unused timeshare to keep spring breakers where they are. for tele-classes, not going to matter. If anyone has some reason why their college kid coming home will risk someone else in the household, speak up. But I was wondering if they all got sick and then got over it, they could help the country with a strong herd start. They have already closely mingled. What's there is there.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
"You're the best group of imaginary friends I've ever had."
Sometimes imaginary friends are the best friends we can have.

Last edited:

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
As one who is not on Facebook, this group is my one social network that I participate with. It is always informative, helpful, respectful and insightful. I try to give back as much information as I get from the forums here. During times like this it is a great resource to get and understand the most timely info on travel impacts, etc. Thanks all and please stay safe and healthy!

Brian in Bergen County, NJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
And for all of those times I've started a statement to my family with the words "Well over on the timeshare board............................"
So I'm not the only one!!! :D

For many years DW would roll her eyes when I prefaced a statement like that. Now she occasionally asks what people at TUG think.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes imaginary friends are the best friends we can have.

To all my imaginary friends and to all my real TUG friends, with flowing red blood, unless you are a Vulcan from (Star Trek) that I have never meet. Thanks You .
:hi::wave:
Be Safe, stay Healthy and I wish Everyone Peace and Happiness.

Let’s pray we can start to enjoy traveling and using our timeshare vacations ASAP.

P.S. Please wash your hands with soap and water; while singing Happy Birthday To You. LOL

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about posting the same thing! I don't even timeshare anymore, but my Tug family still keeps me laughing, keeps teaching me stuff and encouraging me in other aspects of my life. It's truly one of the most positive forums I've been on and a part of my morning routine that I look forward to.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Me too! Most I've never met, but we've shared tips, advice, and even swapped TS. It seems the somewhat anonymous forum has also allowed many to share private tribulations that they might not have felt comfortable talking about with family or close friends. And Tuggers tend to give some very sound advice, IMHO. Stay safe everyone. We're all in this together! Elaine

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I started this thread a week ago. Since then I would say that I have found the TUG community to be even more valuable. I'm spending more time here than I think I ever have. TUG has really become an outlet for me to share thoughts and ideas and to communicate with people during a stressful time. I don't think I realized how much I have been affected until I started to tally up how much time I have actually been spending at TUG. I realized that I was looking for relief even though I was thinking that I was coping fine.

So again, another thanks to all for forming this remarkable community of people who exist to each other only as netizens.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Might TUGgers be the most awesome internet community there is?

That's a serious question. As events continue to unfold, TUG continues to be a source of information, support, solace, debate, and commiseration. There have been so many contributions and posts that have enlightened me, challenged my thinking (and caused me to reassess), and have assured that I am part of a caring community of people who, remarkably, have never actually met each other.

If there is ever an awards ceremony for the best of the internet, TUG should stand as an example of a true internet community. So, once again, thanks to all for contributing your knowledge. your links, your anger and angst, your encouragement and your warnings. For being what people can rise to instead of what they can sink to.

What a community!!!!

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I enjoy reading all your posts & opinions, even tho sometimes I skim. Thank you! I've mentioned TUG so much to my DH, he doesn't have to think twice on who-what I'm referencing.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Especially now that we CAN'T intertact socially. TUG is a source of really close interpersonal contact. You all are closer to me than many in my REAL family.
Y'know, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your nose- oops- er, family!

Jim

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Funny story, I recently started a new project at a company that I have freelanced at before. While on a roadtrip driving to visit a location with a co-worker we started talking timeshares. He said something to me, and we both said, do you know TUG. I had just starting working with this employee a few weeks before, but it turns out our first conversation was here on TUG a full 6 years earlier. @holdaer that was a funny realization, when you were discussing with me in the car what we had already discussed on TUG.

We had no idea. Talk about a small world.

From a line in When Harry Met Sally, "I have never had someone quote me back to me." There was a bit of deja vu moment in there.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
It’s nice to just be able to let go without worrying those closest to you will judge you by knowing your problems. Hmmm, the tuggers I meet now know so much more about me then most.

The best is our love of timeshares, we get it when many others that I know don’t

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love it ! I'm back after a bit of a break moving, retiring etc etc... and it's like I never left..familiar names and ongoing threads full of great information and sharing. It's back to being part of my routine!!! Thank you all for making it so welcome and friendly. :cheer::coffee: