• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

90-Year-Old Turns Down Cancer Treatment, Goes on Road Trip Instead

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
90-Year-Old Turns Down Cancer Treatment, Goes on Road Trip Instead - by Arden Dier/ Cancer/ Health/ Fox News/ foxnews.com

"Norma had two choices. She could get treatment for uterine cancer, or she could go on the trip of a lifetime across the US. "I'm 90 years old, I'm hitting the road," she told her doctor in July, opting to skip surgery, radiation, and chemo.

Diagnosed two days after the death of her husband of 67 years, Norma is now six months into an epic adventure with her son, Tim; daughter-in-law, Ramie; and the couple's poodle, Ringo, reports ABC News.

They left Michigan in August in an RV and have since visited Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, the Rocky Mountains, Kennedy Space Center, Disney World, Roswell, and the Grand Canyon..."

1456776841252.jpg

Norma in the car at Trail Ridge Road at Rocky Mountain National Park. (Photo courtesy Driving Miss Norma/Facebook)

Richard

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What? Does she have surfboards on the roof of that vehicle?

That is the 90 year old woman I want to be!!!

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good for her and her family! :clap:

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I'm right there with her . . . and I'm no where near 90.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I would do the same!

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
I have to remember this!

My father-in-law was diagnose with cancer at age 88, went for treatment (14 days later) and was never the same as soon as treatment began. The cancer was in early stages and the treatment caused severe side effects that immediately affected his quality of life for the rest of his life!

This woman has the right idea! Bless her...

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
God Bless her. She is an inspiration to all of us. NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband's grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer at 85. She rhetorically asked how much time they could get for her with treatment and she declined. That's brave to do that, but probably realistic. She is missed. I only knew her a few years, but she had such a fun and lively personality.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
My plan exactly! If I get some terminal disease, I'm going to have a good time until I can't. I've had a great life so far and see no need to undergo a bunch of S*** to live another few months or years in a decrepit state. :)

Cheers

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My plan too! However, the wife of someone I worked with made this choice and then changed her mind when things got rough. They spent thousands and thousands of dollars on quack treatments. It was really sad.

Deb

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I pray she can travel to every destination on her list and many, many more.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup, I'm with her too. Live life to the fullest as long as you can, and understand that we are all here for just a short time. Make the best of it.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good for her and her family.

My dad was diagnosed at 78 with lung cancer. He chose to be left alone. He passed 10 months later but was more or less himself for about 8 months. Some in the family kept telling him to try, don't give up.

My dear sister was diagnosed at 47 with stage 4 lung cancer also two months after my dad was diagnosed. We knew she was not going to make it but she wanted to try chemo/radiation hoping to live a few extra months. Her life expectancy was 6/9 months with no chemo - 9 months to 1 yr. with chemo. She passed 11 months later but was sick as soon as she started treatments :(.

It's not easy to say no. One always has and wants hope especially the younger we are.

Happy to see she is on an adventure of a lifetime with her loved ones!!