• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

86,000 RCI Points deposited from Wyndham

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
As Wyndham VIP, I see much more inventory.
Is this...a VIP benefit?

Edit: I see 156 resorts in the USA with 3BR units I could book in current inventory. I can only book up to 7 night stays, but that's because I only own resale and only have access to weeks inventory. I believe retail owners who have Plus Partners and access to Nightly Stays and Points inventory can book up to 14 days regardless of VIP status.

Last edited:

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this...a VIP benefit?

Edit: I see 156 resorts in the USA with 3BR units I could book in current inventory. I can only book up to 7 night stays, but that's because I only own resale and only have access to weeks inventory. I believe retail owners who have Plus Partners and access to Nightly Stays and Points inventory can book up to 14 days regardless of VIP status.

I currently see 330 resorts 3BRs or bigger worldwide. 210 in the US with most of them being in the East.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I currently see 330 resorts 3BRs or bigger worldwide. 210 in the US with most of them being in the East.
All right, but that could very well be the difference between my lack of access to Points inventory that any retail owner (not necessarily VIP) would have. If what you initially said is true, I should be seeing zero 3+BR units, and I'm seeing hundreds.

I'm glad you get good use out of your Wyndham points in RCI, but I also want to dispel any inaccuracies regarding Wyndham VIP access to additional inventory that other owners (who have PlusPartners) don't have. I don't think that this is the case.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a non VIP and also currently see 330 units 3BRs worldwide with 210 in the USA and agree with Paxsarah's point that it is a retail (plus partner's) benefit at play.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the difference is buying resale vs from the developer (includes Plus Partners). It is NOT for being VIP. Thanks for clarifying.

My friend's account shows 256 units with 3+BRs, 154 in the US. I suppose she bought resale... I think she told me it was inherited, but I could be mistaken. Do you lose Plus Partners when inheriting an account?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only my opinion, but if you have not used the points in RCI in 2 years why do you think you will use them now? Unless you have somewhere specific in mind you want to book save your money and transfer or give the points away. Whomever you give them to, could do you a favor in the future. I’ve seen so many owners extend their points and still they expire with even more money spent. FYI exchanging into top quality resorts cost less points. I’m planning a family vacation to Cabo in November where there are no Wyndham resorts. I’ll take points anyone wants to give me.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Only my opinion, but if you have not used the points in RCI in 2 years why do you think you will use them now? Unless you have somewhere specific in mind you want to book save your money and transfer or give the points away. Whomever you give them to, could do you a favor in the future. I’ve seen so many owners extend their points and still they expire with even more money spent. FYI exchanging into top quality resorts cost less points. I’m planning a family vacation to Cabo in November where there are no Wyndham resorts. I’ll take points anyone wants to give me.

WorldMark Coral Baja is in San José del Cabo. It's not Club Wyndham, but it is in Wyndham Club Pass.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep I stayed there years ago when Wyndham owners could book Worldmark just like any other Wyndham resort. Of course Wyndham took that benefit away also. Our children and grandchildren want to stay in Cabo San Lucus on Medano Bay and 4 condos at the same resort cause they want to be at the same resort, but not share a room. Ha ha I’m pretty sure I can get it done because I own at Cabo Villas and book my 2019 weeks for the dates I need. Now I’ll use 2021 weeks.