• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

86,000 RCI Points deposited from Wyndham

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm not much of an RCI user but in 2018 I deposited 86,000 points into RCI (they were free points from a resale purchase - I actually wasn't supposed to get any during the purchase year). Anyway, they are set to expire at the end of the year. I don't think I will be making an RCI reservation any time soon - so question is - worth paying the $109 to save them? Can I make a 2021 reservation with points that are expiring Dec 31, 2020?

Does any one have any strategies with RCI points? Is 86,000 even worth it do do anything with on RCI? Heck I'd give them away to someone if my family ca't use them. Rather someone use them than they go to waste.

Reactions: Arb

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Hey Guys,

I'm not much of an RCI user but in 2018 I deposited 86,000 points into RCI (they were free points from a resale purchase - I actually wasn't supposed to get any during the purchase year). Anyway, they are set to expire at the end of the year. I don't think I will be making an RCI reservation any time soon - so question is - worth paying the $109 to save them? Can I make a 2021 reservation with points that are expiring Dec 31, 2020?

Does any one have any strategies with RCI points? Is 86,000 even worth it do do anything with on RCI? Heck I'd give them away to someone if my family can't use them. Rather someone use them than they go to waste.

1. You can extend them for another year for a few and use them in 2021. You do need to use them before they expire, though; you can't make a reservation beyond their expiration date, though as I said it can be extended. I believe that's the $109 fee you mean.

2. 86,000 points is enough for a 2 BR quiet season week, which isn't bad if you can find one you're interested in. The point cost varies with season and room size; I can't post the grid right now, but I'm sure you can find it. I used some leftover Wyndham points from COVID cancellations that I couldn't OFF this year to reserve a 2 BR Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta week in the off season next year; they have a high resort fee in addition to the underlying point cost and exchange fee, but it's a resort I like and much less overall than paying a usage fee for that resort. It was 77,000 points for that one.

(Edited) Here's the grid:

1593005535456.png

Last edited:

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi @Arimaas,

You can transfer your unused RCI Points to another member. As I’m a Platinum member it was free. You’ll have to call RCI to get more info.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Does any one have any strategies with RCI points? Is 86,000 even worth it do do anything with on RCI? Heck I'd give them away to someone if my family ca't use them. Rather someone use them than they go to waste.
Its free to transfer Wyndham RCI points to another Wyndham RCI account. You have to call in to transfer points. Most of the time it takes less the 5 minutes of time. 77000 points will book a 1 bedroom for a full week in off season at most resorts.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
N
Its free to transfer Wyndham RCI points to another Wyndham RCI account. You have to call in to transfer points. Most of the time it takes less the 5 minutes of time. 77000 points will book a 1 bedroom for a full week in off season at most resorts.

Nice! I love TUG. I learn something new every day!

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have 2 weeks jan 2021 in mazatlan 1br/6 that were 77,000 pts for each week. i also have a 1br/6 in sedona 1st week of nov 2020 for 77,000pts. i would pay to extend it for 1 yr. you should be able to search from your wyndham points acct through the RCI link.

MikeandLisaR

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Canterbury 210,000 odd, 308,000 even, access 28,000
RCI is like a gift of two more years to use your points, three with paid extension(I think). Plus, you can book in Europe and more islands in the Caribbean. We just stayed two nights at Tahiti Village in Vegas, last week, for 25200 points plus $40.00 short stay cleaning fee. With points that we would have lost. As we get closer to retiring we have fewer and fewer left over points to transfer. I'm looking to transfer points just to go to St. Martin from a resale contract that should close before the end of the year that should still have unused points. Some of the places I've stayed in South Florida are lesser quality than the Wyndham resorts but hey, it's still Florida for free or almost free.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I regularly have a need for more Wyndham points that have been deposited into RCI. If you have extra points and wish to learn about using them or transferring them to someone that can use them before they expire, feel free to send me a message. I have completed this free points transfer process several times the past couple years.

tjnevers

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 41,546 RCI points that expire 11/30/20 & can't be extended any further.
Is there a way to transfer these points to another RCI points member?
Also, wondering if there is a difference between RCI points & Wyndham points since Wyndham now apparently owns RCI.
My points resort is Sandy Point Beach in Australia.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I have 41,546 RCI points that expire 11/30/20 & can't be extended any further.
Is there a way to transfer these points to another RCI points member?
Also, wondering if there is a difference between RCI points & Wyndham points since Wyndham now apparently owns RCI.
My points resort is Sandy Point Beach in Australia.

A Wyndham account is an RCI weeks account, not an RCI points account. So yes they are different.

Yes you can transfer points to another RCI points account owner. I did it last year on a three way call with the other owner and the RCI rep. It showed in our accounts before we hung up with the rep and there was no fee to do it.

If I'm remembering correctly I thought the points took on the new person's use year date.

tjnevers

TUG Member
Reaction score
A Wyndham account is an RCI weeks account, not an RCI points account. So yes they are different.

Yes you can transfer points to another RCI points account owner. I did it last year on a three way call with the other owner and the RCI rep. It showed in our accounts before we hung up with the rep and there was no fee to do it.

If I'm remembering correctly I thought the points took on the new person's use year date.
Thanks for the reply. I would rather transfer these points than let them expire. If I could get anything for them I would be happy. Maybe $100?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
$100 for 41, 546 RCI points? Heck yeah!!!
They're not RCI points, they're Wyndham points in RCI.

To the OP, they can be transferred in RCI to another Wyndham member, but not a non-Wyndham RCI member.

tjnevers

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are RCI points. Not Wyndham.
Home resort is Sandy Point Beach in Australia.
Set this up before RCI was associated with Wyndham

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

That being the case, you might consider reaching out to a fuller group by posting in this forum:

This one is primarily about Wyndham, which is why you got the sort of responses you did.

tjnevers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked with RCI & I can extend these point to 11/30/21 for another fee of $89.
Again, these are pure RCI points, not Wyndham.
I suppose I should go to the classified section to see if anyone wants to buy RCI points from me.
Thanks for the input & sorry if I'm on the wrong chat.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Just checked with RCI & I can extend these point to 11/30/21 for another fee of $89.
Again, these are pure RCI points, not Wyndham.
I suppose I should go to the classified section to see if anyone wants to buy RCI points from me.
Thanks for the input & sorry if I'm on the wrong chat.

You might want to call back and see if paying to be platinum will extend your points. An extra year automatic extension is just one of the RCI platinum benefits. It might be a little cheaper or about the same price and there are also other worthwhile benefits to bring platinum.

tjnevers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into Platinum; however, we don't do that much vacationing, so last time I looked, I passed on it.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to assist OP and use his expiring Wyndham RCI points. The process still works the same. Sometimes it happens within a day, but this time it took about 3 days. Message me if you have extra Wyndham RCI points and I'll be happy to assist.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

Sorry for misreading. I was confused because the previous posts were about Wyndham points in RCI. Wyndham and RCI have been under the same umbrella for almost 20 years, but their points systems are completely different currencies.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
I discovered why I like Wyndham RCI points more than other people. As Wyndham VIP, I see much more inventory. I am able to book stays of 3 to 14 nights. And I see 3BR and 4BR options.

When I accessed the RCI portal using a simple Wyndham account, I only see 2BR options for 7 nights.

This extra flexibility for VIPs is a wonderful benefit that is often overlooked. But if you transfer your points to me for free, they become more powerful once again. So I am happy to buy Wyndham RCI points from others that are unable to use them.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can access RCI inventory through my Wyndham account as a VIPG, through my RCI Points account for a resort I have in RCI Points, through my RCI weeks account for a few resorts I have in RCI weeks, and through my HGVC account. My regular RCI Points and Weeks accounts I upgraded to Platinum a few years ago. The inventory that is available through all of these is different; there's a great deal of overlap, but none of them have all of the same inventory that is available through another, though I haven't checked all of them against each other. For example, my Wyndham and HGVC RCI access shows things like 2 BR weeks at Sirenis del Mar that you can't see in RCI Points or RCI Weeks. There are a lot of resorts in RCI Points that don't trade in RCI Weeks and a fair number in RCI Weeks that don't trade in Points (although a longstanding rumor is that you should be able to book any RCI Weeks inventory in Points, I have looked and found dozens that don't show up there).

The other consideration is that the Wyndham RCI costs are on a different scale and using a different currency than RCI Points or RCI Weeks or HGVC RCI points. It pays to compare the costs to book the same resort/unit type/dates across the different access methods you have to see what the most efficient way to go is; often the cost per night will be lower one way and you can stretch your travel dollars if you investigate.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
often the cost per night will be lower one way and you can stretch your travel dollars if you investigate.
This is worth higlighting. I only have access to Weeks inventory via straight RCI Weeks + a Wyndham account that is not PlusPartners eligible. There isn't a hard and fast rule about which is better than the other.