• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

8 Mistakes Travelers Often Make During Their First Trip to Paris

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
By Jess McHugh/ Guide/ The Points Guy/ thepointsguy.com

"Paris is the kind of destination that travelers around the world put on their bucket list and dream about for years before they finally arrive. With its museums, bistros and charming 19th-century architecture, it truly is a “moveable feast.”

But that feast can turn sour for first-time travelers who often complain of long lines, unfriendly locals and pricey meals.

As someone who spent several years living in Paris, and returned to visit the city upwards of a dozen times, I’ve made plenty of my own mistakes — and tried to prevent friends and family members who visit the City of Light from making the same ones. Here are some of the most common mistakes first-time visitors to Paris make (and how to avoid them)....."

candre-mandawe-782270-unsplash.jpg

Photo by Candré Mandawe via Unsplash

Richard

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You cannot see all of Paris in a day. Paris is liked going to Rome you need a week or more.
There is so much to do and see in Paris and Rome. Museum, art galleries, old architecture buildings dating before BC, river boat cruising, shopping, excellent restaurants, WWI & WWII battlefields, The Effie Tower, The Coliseums,Vatican City . There are just so many historical buildings in both cities. Paris Arc de Triomphe, Palais du Louvre, North Dame, Paris Luxembourg and the Les Invalides Pantheon
Also, downtown shopping in Paris would put shopping in New York City to an ashamed. Ladies shopping in Paris are dress to impress.

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
You cannot see all of Paris in a day. Paris is liked going to Rome you need a week or more.
There is so much to do and see in Paris and Rome. Museum, art galleries, old architecture buildings dating before BC, river boat cruising, shopping, excellent restaurants, WWI & WWII battlefields, The Effie Tower, The Coliseums,Vatican City . There are just so many historical buildings in both cities. Paris Arc de Triomphe, Palais du Louvre, North Dame, Paris Luxembourg and the Les Invalides Pantheon
Also, downtown shopping in Paris would put shopping in New York City to an ashamed. Ladies shopping in Paris are dress to impress.

Had a much better time in London then Paris when we visited this year.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
So I would say, decide if you're going for the food or for other things.

If for food, consider going somewhere else if you're going for French food. It'll be just as good, cheaper, and easier to get. If you want to sample world cuisine as presented in Paris, make those reservations months in advance and plan the rest of your visit around them.

If you're not going for the food, get an AirBnB or at least a hotel with a small fridge. Eat lunch out, and buy suppertime food from your local grocery. Spend that food money on attractions.

Plan one major and one minor attraction per day. Be happy with cancelling the minor one if the major one lasts longer than you think, or transit is slower, or you discover something interesting you hadn't planned on. Plan two days at Versailles -- one at the Queen's Hamlet.

Don't go in summer. Really, even if you have school commitments, go for a week at winter break or something. WAY fewer people everywhere.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
By Jess McHugh/ Guide/ The Points Guy/ thepointsguy.com

"Paris is the kind of destination that travelers around the world put on their bucket list and dream about for years before they finally arrive. With its museums, bistros and charming 19th-century architecture, it truly is a “moveable feast.”

But that feast can turn sour for first-time travelers who often complain of long lines, unfriendly locals and pricey meals.

As someone who spent several years living in Paris, and returned to visit the city upwards of a dozen times, I’ve made plenty of my own mistakes — and tried to prevent friends and family members who visit the City of Light from making the same ones. Here are some of the most common mistakes first-time visitors to Paris make (and how to avoid them)....."

candre-mandawe-782270-unsplash.jpg

Photo by Candré Mandawe via Unsplash

Richard
Richard, thanks for posting this. We are planning to go to Paris (for our 1st time) this April and I'm sure we would have made almost all of these mistakes (I love cheese so I would NOT insult french cheese)!
I have shared the article with my wife and our travel companions.