• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

8/24/22 NEW THREAD: Discussion of new Abound/VSN Documents [please limit chitchat posts]

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Yes, but they have MVC online accounts. It isn't clear to me whether we will have an MVC account, particularly if we never elect to give our ownership(s) to Abound. I guess we will wait and see. Hopefully we will have the same ability as Marriott owners to rent points.

I attempted to open an MVC account. Couldn’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grrrah

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
SVV - Key West
I was going by the opt-out note shared earlier in this thread,"...purchaser will not be eligible to receive any benefits as a Grandfathered VSN Elite Member."

I am planning to opt-in but wanting to be certain we are not losing any rights. Sounds like a great benefits. I am regretting not buying another deed prior to the cut-off date.
The biggest right we are losing is the 2-year banking going to be 1 year for us lower level OBLs, and possibly a change in deadline dates. But that is happening whether we are in Abound or continue to use VSN.

I attempted to open an MVC account. Couldn’t do it.

my understanding is that it will go through our Vistana login. (I also tried creating an MVC account just to see how it worked,I created one but it goes nowhere with errors everywhere).

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
They are up ~8.8% increase

Oh, joy.

I own one WKV plat plus 2-bed which should, as per earlier posts, make me Select, assuming I’ve followed this thread and the others here correctly. I do not see any such qualification when I review my account in the mobile app, as I’ve read that the website doesn’t show this detail. Not sure what to think at this point other than I need to cough up more money (as I had already paid the estimated MFs on all my weeks…and yes, SDO went up as well).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jimmyboy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin kierland villas
My 4 WKV platinum plus total management fees went up $80. I guess that is the Abound fee Chairman level. Dues went up 9% Inflation?

Still waiting for the website changes incorporating Abound???

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
How does one rent Club Points?

I realize your question may be more related to the actual machinations of renting Abound points given that Vistana members don't have owners.marriottvacationclub.com accounts, but I'm dropping this here for those who want to know the two ways that point rentals work. I would assume (I know, I know) that whatever accounts you Vistana members use for Abound points transactions, you'll be able to process point/reservation rentals through those accounts.

The basics of renting Abound Points, from page three of the Marriott forum's Abound FAQ:

>>Usage Transfers - All Members are allowed to transfer usage of DC Points to other DC Members, provided all parties are in good standing. Although the governing documents do not stipulate any certain amounts, the VOA's are able to process transfers only in 5-Points increments. Once transferred, control of such Points and any reservations made with them is assumed by the transferee. Transferred Points retain their original Use Year and their origination as either Trust or Exchange Points. Transferred Points cannot be banked, borrowed, or further transferred. Transfers have no bearing on a Member's Status Tier. Currently there are no limits to the number of transfers allowed to/from Member Accounts.

Usage Rentals - Renting to another DC Member may be done via a Usage Transfer as above.

Or, a DC Member in good standing may rent privately, to anyone, reservations that have been booked using his/her Points. Similar to private rentals of Marriott Weeks, the DC Member simply has to notify Owner Services of the rentee's name prior to check-in. Control of the DC Points and the reservation(s) made with them remains with the DC Member.

Currently there are no limits to the number of rentals allowed through Member Accounts.

Marriott does not currently have an internal Points Rental option. Rentals may be facilitated privately through any of the established sites including but not limited to the TUG Marketplace and Last Minute Rentals forums, and the two external sites mentioned here which have been developed by long-time TUGgers and are utilized extensively by Marriott Vacation Club owners/members:

• VacationPointExchange.com developed by TUGgers GregT and StevenTing shortly after the DC introduction
  • Ownertrades.com developed by TUGger Clark in 2001, expanded to include DC Points resales/rentals following the DC establishment
*Note the liberal rental possibilities are the deciding factor for some Weeks Owners in favor of enrolling eligible Weeks which they may not otherwise consider enrolling. That's because it gives them a DC account to which Points may be transferred in and thus, complete control over any reservations that are effectively rentals from other DC Members.<<

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
Just to be clear, those of you who have received your 2023 Maintenance Fee statement(s), you ARE seeing the new Club Fees on there?

Our statements do not have the Club Fees. I would expect that to be in the line where Membership Dues were previously billed:

1668532883309.png
1668532917472.png

I have called Owner Services, but they are, as usual, utterly useless.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Just to be clear, those of you who have received your 2023 Maintenance Fee statement(s), you ARE seeing the new Club Fees on there?

Our statements do not have the Club Fees. I would expect that to be in the line where Membership Dues were previously billed:

View attachment 68571View attachment 68572

Yes - our WKORV has the fee (our 1st ownership). Not for our other 3.

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
Yes - our WKORV has the fee (our 1st ownership). Not for our other 3.

Thank you. The dude at Owner Services wouldn't let me talk at all. Annoyed as heck right now.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

View attachment 68571View attachment 68572

Do you own more than one VOI where the other(s) aren't yet billed? It may not necessarily be the first billed that has the Club Fee.

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you own more than one VOI where the other(s) aren't yet billed? It may not necessarily be the first billed that has the Club Fee.

WKORV was our first purchase. We also have Sheraton Flex, and that was billed in August, also with no Membership or Club fee. SVV-Bella hasn't been billed yet, but that's a resale purchase, though we did retro it a couple years ago. .

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
WKORV was our first purchase. We also have Sheraton Flex, and that was billed in August, also with no Membership or Club fee. SVV-Bella hasn't been billed yet, but that's a resale purchase, though we did retro it a couple years ago. .

Maybe you will be lucky and have it on your SVV-Bella bill (no additional HI tax).

Your pre-Aug VSN Mandatory VOIs are now available for Abound whether retro’s or not.

@Dioxide posted the potential MVC DC points for Various resorts.
WKORV OF has good value, but we bought it to use it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I would then expect it to be on your SVV bill. Will find out when they bill them.

grrrah

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
SVV - Key West
Maybe you will be lucky and have it on your SVV-Bella bill (no additional HI tax).

Your pre-Aug VSN Mandatory VOIs are now available for Abound whether retro’s or not.

@Dioxide posted the potential MVC DC points for Various resorts.
WKORV OF has good value, but we bought it to use it.

<--- You can see what I have. Nanea was my first and it doesn't include club fees on it. SVV-KW hasn't been invoiced yet, so hoping it's on that bill when it comes.

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
I've been invoiced for all of my units (VNS & Non-VSN) except the two SVV's that I own. None of the units have the club fees associated with them so I will assume that they will be added to the SVV invoices when they generate.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I only own at WSJ, isn't this odd...
1668625691213.png
1668625776680.png

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
There has been a lot of speculation about how MVC/Vistana chooses which VOI (for those who own multiple) to attach the club dues to. Like some others here, I initially speculated that it got attached to the first VOI you purchased, because that’s how it seemed to work for me. But others have debunked that.

I wonder if the real answer might be that there are some locations where it is advantageous to MVW to have the income over others. For example, if their corporate tax rate is lower in Florida than other locations, perhaps they put the club dues on Florida properties when possible. Given that they essentially can assign the club dues under whatever scheme they want, it would make sense that they’d do it in a way that worked to their advantage. (Who could blame them?)

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
How does one rent Club Points?

vacationpointexchange.com was launched by tuggers and you can list for free and a buyer or seller.

As a buyer you need to be careful because there have been some documented scams. You'd probably want to make sure the seller is "verified" and maybe see some screenshots of their account.

As a seller I found some people are wary to pay before they get their points, but since points transfers are irreversible, a seller would have similar concerns. In all my exchanges (as buyer or seller) the buyer paid first, but I've had buyers who refused to do that, and we agreed to move on.

The actual transfer is done by calling MVC Owner Services and providing the buyers owner number (and name for verification points are going to the right place).

Last edited:

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Recent owners update and other postings online seem to show a consensus of Abound launch Jan 1 now.

3DH

Reaction score
Does anyone have any clarity of how our VOI points will be allocated as to equivalent Club Points? I saw the chart showing how many club points would be required for my home resort, but still don't understand how to figure how many I would actually receive if I put my VOI into the Abound program.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Does anyone have any clarity of how our VOI points will be allocated as to equivalent Club Points? I saw the chart showing how many club points would be required for my home resort, but still don't understand how to figure how many I would actually receive if I put my VOI into the Abound program.
Go here and see if your ownership(s) have conversion values listed.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We have 3 more weeks until our Christmas break starts. I am skeptical that Abound will launch this year. For all intensive purposes, the have less than 3 weeks before the holiday season starts. I doubt it make sense to launch after December 15 since most people are in full holiday mode at that point. I could be wrong and maybe they want to launch when most people are too busy to bother with it.

I hope they at least send some type of communication about what is going on if they do not launch this year. For example, I would want to know if they will extend the deadline to deposit a Vistana week. Right now, the deadline was extended to Dec 31st. However, if it goes too late, I would probably bank with StarOptions to go to Mexico in 2024. I could rent my week but I hate renting and dealing with renters. Overall, I would prefer to deposit my week into Abound but it seems like we need to make a decision by Dec 31st because that is the deadline to bank for StarOptions for 5* elite.

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Overall, I would prefer to deposit my week into Abound but it seems like we need to make a decision by Dec 31st because that is the deadline to bank for StarOptions for 5* elite.
The Dec 31, 2022 deadline is to elect 2023 usage into Abound. 2022 usage is not eligible for Abound.