• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

8/24/22 NEW THREAD: Discussion of new Abound/VSN Documents [please limit chitchat posts]

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I thought it would be good to have a fresh start on this topic, since we are now discussing the actual new published terms, rather than just speculation.

• I moved all of the posts from 8/24/22 to this thread, starting with the Docs posted on Vistana.

• Please avoid off topic chitchat posts - let's keep this thread informational.

DeniseM

----------------------------------------------------------------

ABOUND BY MARRIOTT VACATIONS
Can I use my StarOptions to reserve Marriott Vacation Club resorts and properties through Abound by Marriott Vacations™?
  • No. Club Points is the currency that may be used to confirm vacations at Marriott Vacation Club resorts and properties in Abound. In order to reserve a Marriott Vacation Club resort or property through Abound, you must first elect your eligible VOI(s) to receive Club Points.
Does Abound by Marriott Vacations™ replace the Vistana Signature Network (VSN)?
  • No. If you choose to vacation at your Home Resort(s) or stay within the Vistana resort collection, you can use your VOI(s) as you have done in the past. Access to Abound — by electing to receive Club Points — is another use option that will be available to you but is not mandatory. Each Use Year, you choose, depending on where and how you want to vacation that year.
  • Electing to receive Club Points for eligible VOI(s) is an option that enables you to reserve vacations across the expanded network of brands.
How is resort inventory made available for Club Points redemption?
  • When enrolled and affiliated Owners across all brands in Abound by Marriott Vacations™ elect to receive Club Points for their VOI(s) comparable inventory based on the Owner’s VOI is made available for exchange through Abound by Marriott Vacations™.
How will the affiliation impact how I use my ownership?
  • Since the affiliation between VSN and Abound by Marriott Vacations™ does not affect what you currently own, you may use your ownership as you have in the past:
    • Reserve a vacation at your Home Resort(s).
    • Reserve an in-network vacation through VSN.
    • Bank your StarOptions®.
    • Use StarOptions for other vacations like hotel stays and cruises through VSN Select.
    • Convert your VOI(s) to Marriott Bonvoy® points.
    • Exchange your VOI(s) through Interval International®.
  • Beginning with your 2023 Use Year, you will be able to enjoy a new use option and elect to receive Club Points for eligible VOIs to use in Abound.
If I wish to reserve a vacation in the Vistana Signature Network, can I continue to use my VOI(s) to do so?
  • Yes. You do not need to elect to receive Club Points to use your StarOptions to reserve a stay at a Sheraton Vacation Club or Westin Vacation Club resort or reserve some other usage option in the VSN. In fact, if you intend to use your VOI(s) to reserve your Home Resort or another Vistana resort, we recommend that you understand the number of Club Points that would be required for your desired vacation prior to making the decision of whether to elect. The Club Points and StarOptions currencies are different, and the number of StarOptions required may differ from the number of Club Points required. Points charts coming soon.
  • Club Points may be used to reserve Marriott Vacation Club resorts and properties, Sheraton Vacation Club resorts, Westin Vacation Club resorts, and other vacation experiences. However, you may find it more advantageous to continue using your StarOptions for stays at Sheraton Vacation Club and Westin Vacation Club resorts.
Currency to UseWhen I Want to:
Home Options or Weeks-Based VOI(s)Reserve a vacation at my Home Resort(s)
StarOptionsReserve a vacation within the Vistana Signature Network of resorts or through VSN Select
Club PointsReserve a Marriott Vacation Club resort or property or another vacation experience through Abound. You may also use Club Points to reserve vacations at Sheraton Vacation Club and Westin Vacation Club resorts, but the number of Club Points required will vary from the number of StarOptions required. We recommend you look at the Points Charts prior to making the decision to elect to receive Club Points.

What are "eligible VOIs”?
  • Eligible VOIs:
    • Are those that are enrolled in VSN and were purchased from the Developer or through an Authorized resale agent.
    • VOIs that were enrolled in VSN prior to August 9, 2022, that were purchased through an unauthorized resale agent or HOA resale offer will be able to elect to receive Club Points and apply toward Owner Benefit Level.
    • VOIs purchased through an unauthorized resale agent or HOA resale offer on or after August 9, 2022, and VOIs not enrolled in the VSN are not eligible.
    • VOIs enrolled in VSN at Harborside Resort at Atlantis and Westin Riverfront resort will not be able to elect to receive Club Points at the time Abound transactions go live and these VOIs will not count toward the Owners benefit level. We anticipate that these VOIs will be eligible to elect to receive Club Points and count toward the Owner’s benefit level in the future. Additionally, Owners will not be able to use Club Points to reserve these resorts through Abound until Owners at these properties are able to elect to receive Club Points.
    • Restricted, First Day Benefit and Bonus StarOptions are not eligible for election.
    • Owners of VOIs who may be able to opt-out of the additional exchange opportunities of using Abound and only pay the current VSN Membership Fees amount will not be able to use Club Points to reserve these resorts through Abound and will be responsible for paying separate transaction fees.
What is Abound by Marriott Vacations?
  • Vistana Signature Network™ (VSN) has been affiliated with Abound by Marriott Vacations™, the internal exchange program previously available only to Marriott Vacation Club Owners.
  • The affiliation will enable VSN members to elect their eligible Vacation Ownership Interests (VOIs) to receive Club Points. Club Points may be used in Abound to confirm vacations throughout an expanded network of brands including Marriott Vacation Club®, Sheraton® Vacation Club, and Westin® Vacation Club villa resorts, as well as Vistana Beach Club.
  • Through Abound, VSN Members can also use Club Points for cruises, vacation tours, hotel stays, car rental, airline miles, golf, travel protection, and more.
Electing to receive Club Points and making reservations at Marriott Vacation Club resorts using the Abound by Marriott Vacations™ exchange program are expected to be functional in October 2022, for reservations beginning with the 2023 Use Year. Owners will be notified when transactions in Abound are functional.
Why is the VSN™ being affiliated with Abound by Marriott Vacations™?
  • When Marriott Vacations Worldwide acquired ILG in 2018, we announced that we intended to look for ways to expand vacation opportunities for Owners across the Marriott Vacation Club, Sheraton Vacation Club, and Westin Vacation Club brands. Since that announcement, we have been working behind the scenes to set up the guidelines, systems, and technology to enable expanded offerings and fulfill this promise. The affiliation with Abound is the result of the effort to offer Owners more choice and more destinations in a way that is simple to navigate and understand.
Will I need to take any action to become part of Abound by Marriott Vacations™?
  • If you are currently a member of VSN with eligible VOIs all you will need to do in order to receive Club Points to use for vacations at a Marriott Vacation Club resort or property, or one of the thousands of vacation experience options available through Abound, is elect to receive Club Points by the associated deadline each year. Electing to receive Club Points does not happen automatically and is optional.
Will the affiliation of VSN and Abound by Marriott Vacations™ affect my maintenance fees?
  • The affiliation will not impact your maintenance fees to the extent that maintenance fees are comprised only of your Home Resort(s) property’s operating costs and reserve fees. If you own a product where the maintenance fees also include fees associated with a membership in VSN, then they may be impacted to the extent VSN membership fees are adjusted.
  • The term “Club Dues” refers to either Exchange Company Dues (for members of the Abound by Marriott Vacations™ exchange program) or Club Dues/VSN Network Membership Fees (for Members of the Vistana Signature Network).
  • Certain Owners who may be able to opt-out will not receive the Abound by Marriott Vacations exchange opportunity or consolidated a la carte fees but will still be required to pay VSN Network Membership Fees and separate a la carte transaction fees.
Will the affiliation of VSN and Abound by Marriott Vacations™ change my deeded ownership?
  • No. The affiliation between these two programs enhances your usage options but does not change your deed in any way. Your Vacation Ownership Interest(s) are the same.
BENEFIT LEVELS
Are there any benefits from my VSN Elite level that will no longer be available?
  • Early check-in, late check-out, and concierge service that may have been previously available, based on demand, will no longer be available. Additionally, VSN Members at the higher Owner benefit levels will no longer receive discounted fees since they are replaced by Club Dues.
As a 5-Star Elite level Member of VSN, I receive a 10% Marriott Bonvoy bonus. Will I still receive this bonus with my new Owner benefit level?
  • The 10% bonus remains in place for VSN VOIs that have a Presidential or Chairman’s Club Owner benefit level (formerly 4- or 5-Star Elite Owners) when you convert your VSN VOI(s) to Marriott Bonvoy points.
Individual Owner benefit level: Once elected, the use of Club Points follow the rules for each individual’s Owner benefit level when transacting in the Abound by Marriott Vacations™ exchange system. What else do I need to know about an individual Owner benefit level?
  • An individual Owner benefit level is calculated based on the contract(s) an individual is named on.
  • When a VSN Member elects to receive and then uses Club Points, the individual Owner benefit level will determine the parameters of the rules. This includes the following transactions:
    • Deadline for banking and the usage window for banked Club Points
    • Reservation timeframes and cancellation timeframes
    • Last-minute Points reservation discounts
    • Vacation experience credit benefits and expanded offers such as private vacation homes
I am a biennial Owner. How will my Owner benefit level be calculated?
  • Club Points values will be calculated at 50% annually toward your Owner benefit level since your ownership is only allocated every-other-year. For example, if your biennial ownership is valued at 4,000 Club Points every-other-year, it will be calculated at 2,000 Club Points annually toward your Owner benefit level.
I own VOIs in both a Sheraton Vacation Club or Westin Vacation Club (or affiliated) ownership resort and Marriott Vacation Club. How will my Owner benefit level be calculated?
  • When VSN is affiliated with Abound by Marriott Vacations, the Club Points for all of an Owner’s contracts will be combined between the expanded brands. Many VSN Members will enjoy savings from paying one annual Club Dues fee (based on their new Owner benefit level) rather than paying both Club Dues with Marriott Vacation Club and a VSN fee.
  • If you are named on a contract, the total number of Club Points at which your VOI(s) are valued will be added together to determine your individual Owner benefit level.
I was awarded Elite Level Qualification Credits (ELQC) when I purchased my ownership through Sheraton Vacation Club or Westin Vacation Club. What will happen with the ELQC program?
  • The ELQC program has been discontinued. However, ELQCs previously given to Owners have been included in the calculation of VSN 3-, 4-, and 5-Star Elite levels used to determine new Owner benefit levels to the extent applicable.
In the case where an Owner’s benefit level is different from other Owners on the contract, which level governs their transactions?
  • When transacting in VSN, all Owners named on the membership will follow the rules of the primary Owner’s benefit level.
    • It is not common but possible that the primary Owner may have a lower Owner benefit level than others on the membership.
  • Once an Owner elects to receive Club Points, their individual Owner benefit level will govern the transactions when using Club Points.
What are Owner Benefit Levels?
  • VOIs enrolled in VSN have benefits and discounts based on Owner benefit levels, along with additional usage flexibility around timeframes and deadlines within Abound by Marriott Vacations.
  • As part of the affiliation, the VSN 3-, 4-, and 5-Star Elite levels will be transitioning to align with the Abound Owner benefit level structure (Owner, Select, Executive, Presidential, Chairman’s Club).
  • Owner benefit levels in Abound are based on the total Club Points election value of your eligible VOIs, in addition to any Marriott Vacation Club inventory (such as Club Points) you may own. When calculating the Owner benefit level, any eligible contract(s) owned by a spouse will be included in the total if we have identified them as spouses or domestic partners.
What benefits will come with my new Owner benefit level?
  • Marriott Bonvoy Elite level upgrades:
    • Owner benefit level Members will continue to receive an upgrade to the Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite level, as VSN Members do now.
    • Select and Executive benefit level Members will receive an upgrade to the Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite level.
    • Presidential and Chairman’s Club benefit level Members will receive an upgrade to the Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite level.
    • Owner benefit levels are reviewed annually and the corresponding Elite level upgrade will be renewed. VSN Members will have the opportunity to designate one Owner from the account who will receive the Elite level upgrade at the time of such renewal.
  • Last-minute Points reservation discounts:
    • When a VSN Member elects to receive Club Points, Members at the Executive benefit level receive a 25% discount off the number of required Club Points when booking reservations at Marriott Vacation Club resorts and properties, Sheraton Vacation Club resorts, and Westin Vacation Club resorts up to 30 days of arrival.
    • Members at the Presidential and Chairman’s Club Owner benefit levels receive a 30% discount off the number of Club Points required when booking reservations at Marriott Vacation Club resorts and properties, Sheraton Vacation Club resorts, and Westin Vacation Club resorts up to 60 days of arrival.
  • Owner rental discounts:
    • If you are at the Owner or Select benefit level, you can receive a 25% Owner rental discount at Marriott Vacation Club, Sheraton Vacation Club, and Westin Vacation Club resorts and properties.
    • If you are at the Executive benefit level, you can receive a 30% Owner rental discount at Marriott Vacation Club, Sheraton Vacation Club, and Westin Vacation Club resorts and properties.
    • If you are at the Presidential or Chairman’s Club benefit level, you can receive a 35% Owner rental discount at Marriott Vacation Club, Sheraton Vacation Club, and Westin Vacation Club resorts and properties.
    • The Owner rental discount codes will be the same as at all participating resorts and properties in the network and depends on availability and an Owner’s benefit level as noted above. Owners may reserve the discount rate on their Owner website, or on Marriott.com using the following codes:
      • 7VC – 25% off – All Owners
      • 6VC – 30% off – Executive Level or Higher
      • 2VC – 35% off – Presidential Level or Higher
  • More flexible timeframes:
    • VSN Members at higher Owner benefit levels enjoy more flexible timeframes for confirming reservations at Marriott Vacation Club resorts and properties, as well as extended deadlines for transactions like electing to receive Club Points, and banking Club Points. VSN Members also receive more flexible deadlines for converting VOI(s) to Marriott Bonvoy points.
  • More vacation experiences to explore:
    • When using Club Points, VSN Members at the Executive benefit level and higher enjoy additional vacation experience options, including the ability to reserve private vacation homes through Villas of Distinction and premier sporting and entertainment events.
  • Discounts and Destination Dollars:
    • VSN Members enjoy discounts for options like car rental and may receive Destination Dollars when reserving guided tours, vacation homes, cruises, and other options. Benefits/credits will vary based on the Owner benefit level.
What is a Primary Owner on a Membership?
  • The Owner with the highest “Individual Owner benefit level” among any of the Primary Owners of the VOI contracts in the VSN membership will be designated as the “Membership Owner Benefit Level” and the Primary Owner of the membership. If a tiebreaker is required among the Primary Owners on a membership, the Primary listed on the oldest active and solid (closed) contract based on purchase date will break the tie.
What will happen to my VSN Elite level and/or the benefits associated with my VSN membership after the affiliation with Abound by Marriott Vacations™?
  • VSN Elite levels are transitioning to Abound Owner benefit levels which are the following election values:
    • Owner: Up to 3,999 Club Points
    • Select: 4,000 to 6,999 Club Points
    • Executive: 7,000 to 9,999 Club Points
    • Presidential: 10,000 to 14,999 Club Points
    • Chairman’s Club: 15,000+ Club Points
  • VSN Members will be grandfathered to Abound Owner benefit levels as follows:
Election Value and/or VSN Elite LevelThis will be your Owner benefit level in Abound
3-Star EliteExecutive - or higher
4-Star ElitePresidential - or higher
5-Star EliteChairman’s Club

Why is my Owner benefit level higher in VSN than when I use Club Points in Abound by Marriott Vacations™?
  • Each owner has an Owner benefit level that is calculated based on the eligible VOIs in which they are named on a deed, however when transacting within VSN, all rules (such as deadlines and the percent of Marriott Bonvoy points which VOIs may be converted) are based on the Owner benefit level of the Primary Owner.
  • After electing to receive Club Points and when using them within Abound, each VSN Member’s individual Owner benefit level dictates the rules for the applicable transactions (such as the timeframes for making reservations and waitlist requests). When the VSN Member with the highest Owner benefit level uses the Club Points, all other VSN Members on the contract will enjoy the extended deadlines, timeframes, and other benefits associated with that individual’s benefit level.
Will my new Owner benefit level change based on the years when I elect to receive Club Points?
  • Your Owner benefit level is not dependent on how you use your VOI(s) each year.
  • When calculating the Owner benefit level, any eligible contract(s) owned by a spouse will be included in the total if we have identified them as spouses or domestic partners.
  • All Owners on a deed enjoy the Owner benefit level of the Primary Owner when transacting within VSN. An individual’s Owner benefit level governs the rules for using Club Points in Abound.
  • An Owner’s benefit level could go up if an Owner purchases or enrolls more Sheraton Vacation Club, Westin Vacation Club, or Marriott Vacation Club Interests, or go down if an Owner sells or unenrolls Sheraton Vacation Club, Westin Vacation Club, or Marriott Vacation Club Interests.
  • Some VSN Members will be “grandfathered” into an elevated Owner benefit level at the time of affiliation. Those VSN Members who are grandfathered into an elevated Owner benefit level will remain at that level as long as they maintain the total election value that they had at the time they were grandfathered. If a VSN Member is demoted to a lower Owner benefit level, they will remain at the lower level unless/until they purchase more Club Points and/or eligible VOIs enrolled in VSN to rise to a higher Owner benefit level as per the established amounts required to achieve each level.
  • A VSN Member may be subject to cancellation for non-payment of Club Dues which could result in a decreased Owner benefit level.
VSN BENEFITS
Are there any changes to the cancellation policy for reservations I make at my Home Resort(s) or within VSN?
  • Yes, unless you can and do opt-out, there are no longer cancellation fees for reservations canceled within 60 days of arrival beginning in 2023.
Are there any changes to VSN banking guidelines?
  • Yes:
    • Beginning in 2023, unless you can and do opt-out, no additional fee will be assessed for banking.
    • The deadlines and timeframes for using banked StarOptions will change as follows:

Owner Benefit LevelCurrent StarOptions Banking Deadlines2023 Banking StarOptions DeadlinesCurrent Timeframe to Use Banked StarOptionsBeginning in 2025 timelines for using banked StarOptions
Owner or SelectJuly 1st of current Use YearJune 30 of current Use YearWithin the following 2 Calendar YearsWithin the immediately following Calendar Year
ExecutiveOctober 1st of current Use YearAugust 31 of current Use YearWithin the following 2 Calendar YearsWithin the immediately following Calendar Year
PresidentialOctober 1st of current Use YearAugust 31 of current Use YearWithin the following 2 Calendar YearsWithin the immediately following 1.5 Calendar Years
Chairman’s ClubDecember 31st of current Use YearOctober 31 of current Use YearWithin the following 2 Calendar YearsWithin the immediately following 2 Calendar Years
Currently, all VSN members are given 2 calendar years to use banked StarOptions. This policy and timeframe will continue for 2 calendar years (for 2023 and 2024 use) and then align with the above new use periods (which depend on an Owner’s benefit level) starting for StarOptions banked in 2025.
Tip: there is an advantage for VSN Owners with when they can use their banked Club Points (vs when they can use their banked StarOptions which is not until 8 months prior to their check-in date)
Are there changes to the timeframes that apply to reserving my VOI(s) or StarOptions for use in the VSN network?
  • No.
Will I still be able to use my StarOptions for a VSN Select Cruise?
  • Yes. You will also be able to elect to receive Club Points to use for hundreds more different cruise itineraries through Abound by Marriott Vacations™.
Will I still be able to use my StarOptions for stays at 20+ hotels through VSN Select?
  • Yes, but unless you can and do opt-out, you will no longer be required to pay an additional fee to take advantage of this benefit beginning in 2023.
  • You will also be able to elect to receive Club Points to use for a larger selection of hotels.
ELECTING & MANAGING CLUB POINTS
Am I able to bank, borrow and transfer Club Points?
  • Once you elect to receive Club Points, you can bank them into the subsequent use year, borrow them into the immediately preceding year, or transfer their usage to another Owner affiliated with Abound by Marriott Vacations™.
Are there fees to bank, borrow, or transfer my Club Points?
  • No.
Can I elect my 2022 usage to receive Club Points?
  • No. Enjoy your 2022 usage as you had planned to prior to this announcement.
Electing to receive Club Points and making reservations at Marriott Vacation Club resorts using the Abound by Marriott Vacations exchange program are expected to be functional in October 2022, for reservations beginning with the 2023 Use Year. Owners will be notified when transactions in Abound are functional.

Can I rent my Club Points to another VSN Member?
  • No, you may not rent your Club Points to another VSN Member.
Can the number of Club Points required for stays at a Marriott Vacation Club, Sheraton Vacation Club, or Westin Vacation Club resort increase or decrease?
  • Yes. When a popular date such as a holiday like New Year’s Day falls mid-week on a certain year, the number of Club Points required for that holiday may increase, and the surrounding nights decrease. Therefore, the 7-night stay for the week that includes the holiday may not change, but the individual nightly amounts within the week may be adjusted to account for the higher demand of the holiday. If the number of Club Points for the surrounding nights do not change, the 7-night stay for the week that includes the holiday will increase.
  • The amount of Club Points required to reserve a particular night of occupancy at a particular property can be increased or decreased from year-to-year to reflect the demand of that night relative to other nights of inventory in the network.
Can the value of my VOI increase or decrease?
  • The value of your VOI is generally based on the relative demand in the system for the inventory you own. Factors include, but may not be limited to, the specific resort, season, and size of accommodation owned.
  • There is a possibility that the Club Points attributable to your VOI could increase or decrease.
How can I receive the best value using Club Points?
  • There are several ways to receive the best value when using Club Points.
    • Mid-week stays (Sundays through Thursdays) typically require significantly fewer Club Points than weekend stays.
    • If you are able to travel in a shoulder season, fewer Club Points are generally required. For example, plan a trip to Newport Coast, California, in September after school resumes, rather than in July, the most popular time of year for that destination. Look at the Points Charts. You may be surprised to learn how many nights you can reserve in the off-season by electing to receive Club Points with your peak-season VOI(s).
    • When you are not traveling with a large party, consider reserving a smaller villa, such as a 1-bedroom villa or suite, or even a guest room, if it will accommodate your travel party.
    • Keep an eye on Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Escapes — these are discounted 3-, 4-, and 7-night stays booked within 60 days of arrival at select resorts.
    • Take advantage of Owner benefit level discounts for spontaneous travel. VSN Members at the Executive benefit level receive a 25% discount off the number of Club Points required when reserving within 30 days of arrival. VSN Members at the Presidential and Chairman’s Club benefit levels receive a 30% discount off the number of Club Points required when reserving within 60 days of arrival.
How do I bank Club Points?
  • You may bank some or all of your Club Points into a subsequent Use Year if you do so by the applicable deadline within the current Use Year.
  • Your banking timeframes are based on your Owner benefit level, as follows. Once banked, Club Points may not be banked again, borrowed back, or transferred to another Owner.

Owner Benefit LevelBanking DeadlineUse Banked Points
Owner and Select6 months prior to the end of the current Use YearWithin the following Use Year
Executive4 months prior to the end of the current Use YearWithin the following Use Year
Presidential4 months prior to the end of the current Use YearWithin the following 1.5 Use Years
Chairman’s Club2 months prior to the end of the current Use YearWithin the following 2 Use Years

How do I borrow Club Points?
  • You may borrow Club Points into the immediately preceding year when they are needed to confirm a vacation.
  • There is no deadline for borrowing. You can borrow whenever you need additional Club Points to confirm a vacation.
  • If you later cancel the vacation for which you borrowed Club Points, they will expire on their original expiration date.
How do I elect to receive Club Points?
  • It’s easy, soon you will be able to elect to receive Club Points for eligible VOIs from your Owner website, vistana.com.
  • Weeks Owners must elect their entire VOI to receive Club Points. You may not elect to receive Club Points for a locked-off portion of your villa.
  • Owners of Points-based VOIs are able to elect to receive Club Points for the VOI in its entirety, or may elect to receive Club Points in increments of 20,000 Home Options. Although, for certain single site Points-Based VOIs such as Coral Vista, Sunset Bay, and Nanea, the entire Home Option VOI must be elected to receive Club Points.
How does transferring Club Points work?
  • VSN Members can transfer some or all of their Club Points for usage by another Owner who is affiliated with Abound by Marriott Vacations™, but Club Points that were previously banked, or transferred may not be transferred again (e.g., if usage of 2023 Club Points is transferred to another Owner, usage of those 2023 Club Points cannot be transferred again).
  • Transferred Club Points retain the Use Year of the Owner who transferred them. For example, if an Owner transferred Club Points to you with a Use Year of January 1 through December 31, 2023, then those transferred Club Points must be used for vacations that take place from January 1 through December 31, 2023.
  • Transferred Club Points may not be banked, borrowed, or transferred again.
How many Club Points will I receive if I elect to receive them for my eligible VOI(s)?
  • For Weeks VOIs, the number of Club Points you will receive may depend on factors such as the size of accommodation, location, and season you own. Peak season weeks generally exchange for more Club Points than shoulder season weeks, for example.
  • For Points (Home Options) VOIs, such as Westin Flex, the number of Club Points you will receive will be based upon the exchange average of inventory that makes up each Trust.
  • Weeks VOIs may be elected in their entirety.
  • Points VOIs may be elected in their entirety, or in increments of 20,000 Home Options, except for Points VOIs at Westin Coral Vista, Westin Sunset Bay, and Westin Nanea, for which the entire Home Option VOI must be elected to receive Club Points.
How many Club Points will I receive when I elect?
  • Election values will be based upon what you own. The number of Club Points you will receive for your eligible VOI(s) depends on factors such as the size of accommodation, location, and time of year owned, with Platinum Season VOIs generally having a greater number of Club Points than Silver Season VOIs.
I am a biennial Owner who would like to elect to receive Club Points. When can I elect?
  • You will be able to elect to receive Club Points for the Use Years owned and you may do so as early as 25 months prior to the beginning of that Use Year.
If I elect to receive Club Points, am I giving up my VOI(s) permanently?
  • No. To access the expanded brands and options available in Abound by Marriott Vacations™, VSN Members need to elect to receive Club Points each year for their eligible VOI(s). However, if you would like to reserve a VSN reservation using StarOptions, there is no need to elect to receive Club Points.
  • Elect to receive Club Points when you would like to reserve a vacation at a Marriott Vacation Club resort or Marriott Vacation Club Pulse property, or when you would like to confirm a tour, cruise, hotel stay, safari, or another experience through Abound.
  • You may also use Club Points to reserve vacations at Sheraton Vacation Club and Westin Vacation Club resorts, but we recommend you look at the value of using Club Points versus StarOptions for these stays. Also, we anticipate there may be limited availability at Sheraton Vacation Club and Westin Vacation Club resorts since inventory is made available when Owners at particular resorts elect to receive Club Points.
  • When you elect to receive Club Points, the transaction cannot be reversed for that VOI(s) that year.
If I elect to receive Club Points, where can I use them to vacation?
  • Club Points may be used to reserve vacations at available resorts and properties in Abound by Marriott Vacations™, including resorts in the expanded network of brands: Marriott Vacation Club, Sheraton Vacation Club, and Westin Vacation Club.
  • There are two resorts in VSN: Harborside at Atlantis, and the Westin Riverfront Mountain Resort, where Owners of VOIs at these properties will not have the option to elect to receive Club Points immediately after the launch of this program. Consequently, other Owners will not be able to use Club Points to reserve vacations at these resorts. We anticipate that this is temporary, and that Owners of VOIs at these two resorts will be able to elect to receive Club Points in the future.
  • Club Points may also be used for cruises, guided tours, hotel stays, vacation protection, golf, airline miles, car rental, resort credit, vacation homes, and more.
If I elect to receive Club Points, will I receive the equivalent vacation buying power as my VOI(s) would have received?
  • Electing to receive Club Points for your eligible VOI(s) is not a 1:1 trade because the currencies of the two systems are different.
  • If you believe that you will return to your Home Resort(s) or to another resort that is currently available through VSN, you may not wish to elect to receive Club Points. We recommend Owners look at the number of Club Points you will receive, and the number of Club Points required for the vacations you would like to confirm prior to making this decision.
  • Similarly, the number of Club Points required for stays depends on where and when you plan to travel. Peak season dates in larger villas will require more Club Points, and shoulder season travel in smaller villas will require fewer Club Points. Mid-week stays (Sundays through Thursdays) typically require fewer Club Points than weekend stays.

If I want to vacation at my Home Resort(s), should I elect to receive Club Points?
  • If you are certain you want to visit your Home Resort(s), it may be better to reserve using your Home Options or your week as you always have, rather than electing to receive Club Points. We recommend you understand the Club Points Charts prior to electing in order to understand the best value for your desired vacations.
  • While Club Points may be used to reserve Sheraton Vacation Club and Westin Vacation Club resorts, the number of nights you can confirm using Club Points versus using your existing VOI(s) may differ based on the different currencies. We recommend you look at the Club Points Charts prior to making your decision. Points charts coming soon.
  • Additionally, while you enjoy a priority reservation window when booking your Home Resort(s), inventory from your Home Resort may be limited in Abound by Marriott Vacations™ because it will depend on whether Home Resort Owners elect to receive Club Points for their VOI(s) in a given year.
What are Club Points?
  • Club Points are a flexible vacation currency which can be used to reserve vacations throughout the Abound by Marriott Vacations™ exchange program including:
    • Reservations at Marriott Vacation Club resorts and Marriott Vacation Club Pulse® properties, Sheraton Vacation Club resorts, and Westin Vacation Club resorts.
      • We anticipate that availability of Sheraton and Westin Vacation Club inventory through Abound will be limited because it becomes available in the Abound network when a VSN Member elects to receive Club Points for eligible VOIs.
      • Reservations at these resorts may be made for any check-in date, villa size, and number of nights, based on availability.
    • Cruises, guided tours, hotel stays, vacation homes, safaris, and more. Club Points can also be banked, borrowed, or transferred to another Member of Abound.
When I don't reserve my Home Resort during the Home Resort preference period, my VOI(s) can be used as StarOptions within the VSN float window. Will I be able to use them as Club Points instead?
  • No, for years when you want to use Club Points, you must take action by electing to receive Club Points prior to the applicable deadline. Election does not happen automatically.
When is the deadline to elect to receive Club Points?
  • For the 2023 Use Year, VSN Members at all benefit levels will have until December 31, 2022 to elect to receive Club Points for their eligible VOIs.
  • For future Use Years, the deadlines will be as follows:
    • Owner, Select, and Executive benefit level VSN Members must elect to receive Club Points by September 30 of the prior year. For example, if you would like to elect to receive Club Points for your 2024 Use Year, the deadline to do so is September 30, 2023.
    • Presidential and Chairman’s Club benefit level VSN Members must elect to receive Club Points by October 31 of the prior year. For example, if you would like to elect to receive Club Points for your 2024 Use Year, the deadline to do so is October 31, 2023.
    • You may elect to receive Club Points as early as 25 months prior to your Use Year and begin using Club Points to confirm the following years’ vacations or you may borrow them to confirm a vacation in the preceding year. For example, you could elect to receive Club Points for your 2026 Use Year as early as December 1, 2023, for use between January 1, 2026 (by borrowing) through December 31, 2026, or even later, if you bank your Club Points.
Why should I elect to receive Club Points?
  • You may decide to elect to receive Club Points when planning a vacation at more than 70 Marriott Vacation Club resorts and properties, including destinations in Europe, Asia, the Caribbean, and Central America, and at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse property locations in San Francisco, South Beach, New York, Washington D.C., or San Diego.
  • Club Points may also be used to confirm thousands of other experiences, including:
    • Hundreds of cruise itineraries worldwide
    • Dozens of guided tours to destinations like Italy, China, Ireland, Machu Picchu, the Galapagos, and Africa
    • Stays at 100+ hotels
    • Culinary tours
    • Car rental, travel protection, golf certificates, and frequent flyer miles
    • VSN Members at the Executive benefit level and above can reserve luxury private homes through Villas of Distinction and premier events.
CLUB POINTS RESERVATIONS & WAITLIST
Internal waitlist for VSN Members:
  • VSN Members at the Presidential and Chairman’s Club benefit levels may use their StarOptions to place a VSN waitlist request if the in-network reservation they desire is not immediately available to confirm.
  • VSN Members at any Owner benefit level who elect to receive Club Points may use them to place an internal waitlist request for reservations at resorts and properties throughout the Abound by Marriott Vacations network if the vacation you desire is not immediately available to reserve.
  • Waitlist timeframes using Club Points are as follows:
Owner Benefit Level12 Months prior to arrival – Friday Mornings 9 a.m. Eastern Time
Vacations at Marriott Vacation Club Resorts and Properties, Grand Residence Club by Marriott, Lake Tahoe, and Ritz-Carlton Club, Vail
12 Months prior to arrival – following Tuesday Mornings 9 a.m. Eastern Time
Vacations at resorts in the Vistana Signature Network (VSN) including Westin Vacation Club and Sheraton Vacation Club Villa Resorts
10 Months prior to arrival – Tuesday Mornings 9 a.m. Eastern Time
Vacations at Marriott Vacation Club Resorts and Properties, Grand Residence Club by Marriott, Lake Tahoe, VSN resorts and the Ritz-Carlton Club, Vail
6 Months prior to arrival – Tuesday Mornings 9 a.m. Eastern Time
Vacations at Luxury Properties, other than the Ritz-Carlton Club, Vail*
Owner and Select benefit level Owner7 or more consecutive nights7 or more consecutive nightsAny Number of NightsAny number of Nights
Executive, Presidential, and Chairman’s Club benefit level OwnersAny Number of NightsAny Number of NightsAny Number of NightsAny Number of Nights

What are Club Points in a holding account?
  • When you cancel a reservation made using Club Points at a Marriott Vacation Club resort or property, or a Luxury Property from 60 days to 1 day prior to arrival, or for one of the other reasons above, they are returned in a holding account.
  • Club Points in a holding account may be used to confirm another reservation only within 60 days of arrival.
  • They can be used for reservations at Marriott Vacation Club resorts or properties, Sheraton Vacation Club, or Westin Vacation Club resorts through Abound by Marriott Vacations™ within 60 days of check-in.
  • They can be used to confirm a Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Escapes reservation.
  • They can be used to reserve select vacations and experiences including cruises, group tours, and more.
  • Club Points from a holding account must be used by the end of the Use Year and may not be banked, borrowed, or transferred to another Owner.
What are the cancellation policies for Club Points at a Marriott Vacation Club resort or property or a Luxury Property?
Vacation Canceled 61 days or more prior to check-in60 days to 1 day prior to check-in
All Owner Benefit LevelsClub Points are returned unrestricted.Club Points are returned in a holding account.
VSN Members who use a 20% Points premium in order to confirm 13 months prior to check inPoints premium is returned in a holding account. Other Club Points are returned unrestricted.Points premium is forfeited. Other Club Points are returned in a holding account.
Owner and Select benefit level VSN Members who reserve a vacation for 7 or more nights before the 10-month window, and then modify the reservation to less than 7-nights once they are within the 10-month windowClub Points attributable to the difference in the number of nights are returned in a holding account.

What are the reservation timeframes for using Club Points for a reservation at a Sheraton Vacation Club resort, Westin Vacation Club resort, or at the Vistana Beach Club?
  • Inventory within VSN will be able to be reserved as early as 12 months prior to the arrival beginning on the Tuesday after when the Friday 12-month inventory is available at a Marriott Vacation Club resort.
  • Owners and Select benefit level Owners may reserve 7 or more consecutive nights 12-months prior to arrival; Owners at the Executive benefit level and higher may reserve any number of nights as early as 12-months prior to arrival.
  • Owners and Select benefit level Owners may reserve any number of nights beginning 10 months prior to arrival.
Owner Benefit Level12 months prior to arrival (Tuesdays following when the 12 Month inventory is available for Marriott Vacation Club resorts and properties)10 Months prior to arrival (Tuesdays)
Owner and Select7 or more nights at a Sheraton Vacation Club, Westin Vacation Club, or at the Vistana Beach Club resort, or place waitlist request for 7 or more nights at these same propertiesAny number of nights at a Sheraton Vacation Club, Westin Vacation Club, or at the Vistana Beach Club resort, or place waitlist request for any number of nights
Executive, Presidential, and Chairman’s ClubAny number of nights at any Sheraton Vacation Club, Westin Vacation Club, or at the Vistana Beach Club resort.
  • Availability starting 12 months prior to check-in applies to inventory made available by VSN members electing to receive Club Points.
When can I book a reservation using Club Points?
  • When you use Club Points for a reservation at a Marriott Vacation Club resort or property or at a Luxury Property, there are four booking windows, as follows:
Owner Benefit Level13 months prior to arrival (Tuesdays)12 Months prior to arrival (Fridays)10 Months prior to arrival (Tuesdays)6 Months prior to arrival (Tuesdays)
Owner7 or more consecutive nights at a Marriott Vacation Club resort or property with payment of a 20% Points premium7 or more nights at a Marriott Vacation Club resort or property, or place waitlist request for 7 or more nights at these same propertiesAny number of nights at a Marriott Vacation Club resort or property, or place waitlist request for any number of nightsAny number of nights at a Luxury Property, or place waitlist request for a Luxury Property*
Select7 or more consecutive nights at a Marriott Vacation Club resort or property (without the Points premium)7 or more nights at a Marriott Vacation Club, resort or property, or place waitlist request for 7 or more nights at these same propertiesAny number of nights at a Marriott Vacation Club, resort or property, or place waitlist request for any number of nightsAny number of nights at a Luxury Property, or place waitlist request for a Luxury Property*
Executive, Presidential, and Chairman’s ClubAny number of nights at any Marriott Vacation Club resort or property or a Luxury PropertyPlace waitlist request for any number of nights at a Marriott Vacation Club resort or propertyNot a reservation or waitlist windowPlace waitlist request for a Luxury Property*
* There is a 3 night minimum stay requirement at The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas, and the 6 month reservation window for Owner and Select benefit levels does not apply to The Ritz-Carlton Club, Vail, for which the normal reservation windows will apply.
  • If the reservation you want to confirm is not immediately available, you may place a waitlist request as outlined above. The following waitlist guidelines apply:
    • Waitlist requests are fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis and may be capped.
    • You may request more than one check-in date and location. The number of Club Points required for the most expensive vacation of all of those requested will be placed in a pending status while you remain on the waitlist.
    • You may determine the length of time you would like to remain on the waitlist — up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
    • If the request is not confirmed or is canceled, the Club Points that were placed in a pending status will be released and made available for use as if no waitlist request had been made.
    • The normal cancellation policy applies for reservations confirmed by the waitlist: Reservations canceled 61 days or more prior to check-in are returned to an Owner’s account, unrestricted. Reservations canceled from 60 days to 1 day prior to check-in are returned in a holding account.
    • Waitlist timeframes are based on Owner benefit level and are set forth in the chart above.
CRUISES, HOTELS, AND MORE
Do I have to elect to receive Club Points for my eligible VOIs in order to access the additional travel offerings?
  • Yes, but only for those travel offerings obtained through Abound by Marriott Vacations™. There are Owner Cruises and hotel stays available through your membership in VSN which can be confirmed using your StarOptions.
How do I book these additional travel offerings?
  • Log in to the Owner website to explore the additional travel offerings that are available. Once you are ready to make a reservation, contact Owner Services.
What additional travel experiences may I get through Abound by Marriott Vacations™?
  • Abound by Marriott Vacations™ allows you to enjoy exceptional travel opportunities and one-of-a-kind adventures including cruises, vacation tours, hotel stays, golf, and outdoor adventures such as river rafting. You can also use your Club Points to enhance a resort vacation, such as with car rental, airline frequent flyer miles, resort credit, golf instruction, local activities, and more. Learn more about these opportunities here.
MARRIOTT BONVOY
Are the Marriott Bonvoy conversion deadlines changing?
  • Yes, the deadline to convert your VOI to Marriott Bonvoy points is changing as follows beginning in 2023:
    Members of VSN Marriott Bonvoy Conversion Deadlines will be adjusted beginning in 2023 as follows:
Owner Benefit LevelCurrent Deadline to Convert to Bonvoy Points2023 Deadline to ConvertFrequency
Owner and Select benefit levelsMarch 31 of Current Use YearJune 30 of the Current Use YearNon-consecutive Use Years
Executive benefit levelJuly 1st of Current Use YearAugust 31 of the Current Use YearEvery Use Year
Presidential benefit levelOctober 1st of Current Use YearAugust 31 of the Current Use YearEvery Use Year and 10% bonus
Chairman’s Club benefit levelsOctober 1st of Current Use YearOctober 31 of the Current Use YearEvery Use Year and 10% bonus
Additionally, the expiration date of Marriott Bonvoy points is changing from 6 years (regardless of activity) to 24 months without activity in their account. This means that as long as a VSN Member has any activity in their Marriott Bonvoy account within 24 months, the Bonvoy Points will not expire.
As a VSN Member, I currently receive a Marriott Bonvoy Elite membership upgrade. Will this change through the affiliation with Abound by Marriott Vacations?
  • Beginning in 2023, one Owner from your Ownership account will receive a Marriott Bonvoy Elite status upgrade that will align with your Owner benefit level as follows:
Owner Benefit LevelMarriott Bonvoy Elite Level Upgrade
OwnerGold Elite Level
Select and ExecutivePlatinum Elite Level
Presidential and Chairman’s ClubTitanium Elite Level
  • Each year, your Owner benefit level will be reviewed, and the corresponding Marriott Bonvoy Elite level will be renewed. Owners will have an opportunity to designate one person who is named on the ownership to receive the upgrade.
Will the expiration period for Marriott Bonvoy points change?
  • Marriott Bonvoy points received from conversion of VSN VOIs will align with Abound by Marriott Vacations™ rules and will not expire unless there is no Marriott Bonvoy booking activity within a rolling two-year period. Qualifying activity can include payment of maintenance fees and Club Dues on a Marriott Bonvoy charge card. Or charging incidentals to your villa when you stay at a resort in the network and your Marriott Bonvoy account is attached to your reservation. Learn more about what constitutes a qualifying activity on Marriott.com.
  • Existing Bonvoy points issued to VSE Owners would be tracked and continue to expire based on the 6-year expiration rule currently in place.
INTERVAL INTERNATIONAL
I can already use my VOI(s) to request an Interval International exchange. Can I now also use Club Points for an Interval International exchange?
  • Beginning in 2023, you will have two ways to exchange with Interval International: Using your weeks-based or Points-based VOI(s) or using Club Points.
  • Please be aware that when using Club Points with Interval, you may only place an External Exchange request for resorts that are not affiliated with Abound by Marriott Vacations™. This is because you have access to the Abound internal exchange network that allows you to reserve a resort in the Abound network using Club Points, so there is not a requirement to exchange through Interval.
Once I’ve elected to receive Club Points, can I exchange them through Interval International?
  • Yes, beginning in January, 2023. However, Owners may not use Club Points to place an Internal Exchange to another resort in the Abound by Marriott Vacations™ network. Club Points may only be used for External Exchange requests through Interval.
  • This is because Club Points may be used to make reservations at Marriott Vacation Club resorts or properties, Sheraton Vacation Club resorts, or Westin Vacation Club resorts directly through the Abound reservation system, and there is no need to place an exchange request through Interval.
  • Once you have determined your desired external resort(s) or destination, size of accommodation, and the time of year you would like to travel (based on Interval’s Travel Demand Index), the following chart will tell you how many Club Points are required for a 7-night stay.
  • VSN Members may log in to their membership account at intervalworld.com as of January 2023 to search for availability or place a pending request using Club Points. Since Club Points may be used for External Exchanges, an External Exchange fee will need to be paid by the Member for each week requested.

Number of Club Points Required for a 7-Night Stay Based on Size of Accommodation:
TRAVEL DEMAND INDEX (TDI)*STUDIO1 BR2 BR3 BR
140-150 (Peak)2,250>3,0004,5006,000
115-135 (High)1,7502,7504,0005,000
90-110 (Medium)1,5002,2503,0004,000
50-85 (Low)1,0001,5002,2503,000
* As of August 9, 2022

Will I continue to pay the Interval International internal exchange fee of $154?
  • Separate internal exchange fees (requests to exclusively go to other Vistana and Marriott Vacation Club resorts) through Interval International will not be charged if you pay annual Club Dues for Abound usage.
  • However, if you elect to receive Club Points, they may not currently be used for an Interval Exchange. When they may be used for an Interval Exchange, Club Dues are restricted to external exchanges only and may not be used for an internal exchange to a resort in Abound by Marriott Vacations™.
FEES, DUES AND LOANS
How will my VSN Membership Fees change through the affiliation of VSN and Abound by Marriott Vacations™?
  • Through this affiliation, the VSN annual network membership fee and transaction fees, previously paid a la carte, are being replaced with one fee called Club Dues. This consolidated fee structure is in lieu of separate usage fees and is based on your Owner benefit level. The term “Club Dues” refers to either Exchange Company Dues (for members of the Abound by Marriott Vacations exchange program) or Club Dues/Network Membership Fees (for Members of the VSN). VSN members who opt-out will not receive the Abound by Marriott Vacations exchange opportunity or consolidated a la carte fees. These Club Dues will either be billed as a separate line item on your maintenance fee bill or mailed separately depending on the VOIs owned.
I am a biennial Owner. How often will I be billed Club Dues for Abound usage?
  • You will be billed the full Club Dues annually, since you can use any banked StarOptions, elected Club Points; deposits with Interval, or Marriott Bonvoy points every year.
I own VOIs enrolled in both VSN and Abound by Marriott Vacations™. Will I be assessed multiple Club Dues?
  • As long as you are the primary Owner on all of your contracts, the total number of Club Points attributable to those VOIs across the brands will result in one Owner benefit level. Your single Club Dues will be based on that Owner benefit level.
  • However, it is possible that some contracts cannot be grouped together. This could result in an additional Club Dues assessment depending on how an Owner has taken title of different contracts.
  • Any VOIs that are not enrolled in VSN and any Marriott Vacation Club week that is not enrolled in Abound are not factored into your Club Dues.
If I do not pay my Club Dues, what are my reservation options?
  • VSN Members that have voluntary enrollment associated with their VOI(s) who do not pay annual Club Dues will be deemed to have opted out and become unenrolled in VSN and unaffiliated with Abound by Marriott Vacations™. These Owners will then only have Home Resort usage or the ability to exchange through an affiliated exchange provider (using an individual exchange provider account subject to payment of a membership fee).
  • VSN Members that have mandatory enrollment associated with their VOI(s) will not be unenrolled from VSN but not paying full Club Dues will be deemed an opt-out of the Abound exchange program; however, if delinquent in the payment of VSN Membership Fees and/or separate transactional fees, all VSN benefits and Home Resort usage rights may be suspended.
  • VSN Members whose Owner benefit levels were elevated due to the grandfathering policy at the time of the affiliation will lose that elevated Owner benefit level if they are unenrolled from VSN and, in the event of reenrollment, will receive an Owner benefit level based on the current criteria and will no longer be eligible to enjoy the benefits of the grandfathering policy.
  • VSN Members who are unenrolled from VSN, who opt-out, or who do not pay their Club Dues, will no longer have the option to elect to receive Club Points and may be subject to additional fees to reenroll in VSN or opt-in and regain the option of electing to receive Club Points. Additionally, Owners who are unenrolled from VSN will lose all VSN benefits including the ability to reserve an in-network reservation with StarOptions, complete any transaction using StarOptions (such as StarOptions Banking or Borrowing, VSN Select, Resort Credits, travel insurance), their Interval International corporate membership and the ability to assign/deposit their VOI(s) under that membership, or convert to Marriott Bonvoy points.
In the past, I paid a VSN membership fee. Will I still be paying these annual fees?
  • No. For Abound usage, the VSN network membership fees will be replaced with annual Club Dues beginning in 2023. Effective 2023, the VSN membership fee will be between $170 and $235.
VSN has a fee of $50 to cancel reservations within 60–7 days before arrival and of $75 for less than 7 days before arrival. Will that be eliminated?
  • Yes. Cancellation fees will be eliminated beginning in 2023 with the payment of annual Club Dues for Abound.
What is my annual Club Dues amount?
  • Your annual Club Dues amount is determined by your Owner benefit level;
    The 2023 Club Dues are:
    • Owner and Select: $230
    • Executive and Presidential: $270
    • Chairman’s Club: $295
Annual Club Dues amounts are subject to change.
What is the value of Club Dues versus my previous VSN membership and a la carte fees?
  • Depending on the annual usage options you choose and the type of vacations you reserve, Club Dues may be more or less than the VSN network membership fees plus the a la carte fees you paid in the past. Here is the consolidated chart for your reference.
Transaction2023 Fees that will be eliminated with Abound
VSN Network Membership Fee$170 to $235
Additional Housekeeping Fees$38 to $105 per stay
Convert to Marriott Bonvoy Points$164
Banking StarOptions$109
VSN Select$145
Interval International Membership$99
Internal Exchange with Interval*$154 per week
Cancellation Fee$50 to $75
Guest Fee for VSN Reservations$59
* External exchange fees, which were $209 per week in 2022, will not be eliminated. Internal Exchanges are requests to use your VOI(s) exclusively to travel to a Marriott Vacation Club, Sheraton Vacation Club, or Westin Vacation Club resort in the Interval International external exchange network. Note that after electing to receive Club Points, they may not be used to place an Internal Exchange request with Interval. Note that Club Points may not be used to place an External exchange request (to resorts outside of the Abound by Marriott Vacations network) until 2023. If you wish to place an external exchange request with Interval in 2022, you must use your 2022 VOIs.
  • Here is one example with the payment of annual Club Dues after Abound affiliation:
Example: 1 VOI OwnedNot AffiliatedAfter Affiliation
Club Dues/VSN Network Membership Fee$170-0-
Club Dues for Owner/Select benefit level Owners-0-$230*
Convert small side of lock-off to Bonvoy points$164-0-
Internal Exchange using large side of lock-off$154-0-
Total$488$230 (Savings $258)
* 2023 Club Dues for the Owner/Select benefit levels

What separate VSN fees will no longer be charged when Club Dues are paid and there has not been an opt-out?
  • When Club Dues are paid and there has not been an opt-out, the following VSN fees will be eliminated:
    • VSN membership (which for 2023 is between $170 and $235, currently billed with your maintenance fees)
    • Additional housekeeping fees associated with multiple reservations (over and above the one housekeeping fee included in your maintenance fee)
    • Banking StarOptions
    • Reservation cancellations and rebooking fees
    • Interval International membership
    • Internal Exchanges
    • Converting to Marriott Bonvoy points
    • Electing, banking, borrowing, or transferring Club Points
  • The a la carte transactional fees will continue through 2022 and be replaced by Club Dues beginning in 2023 (unless a VSN member can and has chosen to opt-out of the additional exchange opportunities of Abound, in which case that VSN member will be responsible for continuing to pay all of the separate VSN transactional fees).
When will I receive my first bill for Club Dues?
  • Club Dues will be billed in 2022 for your 2023 usage.
Why aren’t Club Dues the same for all Owner benefit levels?
  • Those with a higher Owner benefit level own more and have more vacation-related transactions throughout the year. Despite the slightly higher Club Dues, VSN Members at the higher benefit levels may still potentially save money by paying full Club Dues rather than paying a la carte fees.
  • Here is an example with the payment of annual Club Dues after Abound affiliation:
Example: 3 VOIs OwnedNot AffiliatedAfter Affiliation
Club Dues/VSN Network Membership Fee$235-0-
Club Dues for Executive benefit level Owners-0-$270*
Convert 1st VOI to Marriott Bonvoy points$164-0-
Pay third-party guest fee of 2nd VOI lock-off$59-0-
Internal Exchange II of 2nd VOI (other part of lock-off)$154-0-
Occupy 3rd Interest-0--0-
Total$612$270 (Savings $342)
* 2023 Club Dues for the Executive/Presidential benefit levels

Will annual Club Dues for Abound usage cover housekeeping fees for stays that exceed the one housekeeping allotment in my annual maintenance fees?
  • Yes, for reservations made on or after January 1, 2023.
Will I be required to pay Club Dues even if I do not elect to receive Club Points?
  • Yes. Club Dues are replacing the previous VSN network membership fee and the a la carte fees for reservations and transactions such as canceling a reservation and converting to Marriott Bonvoy points.
  • In many cases, this will result in savings for VSN Members.
Will the third-party guest fee of $59 be eliminated?
  • Yes, third-party guest fees will be eliminated beginning in 2023 with the payment of annual Club Dues for Abound.

Adding PDF Attachments;

Attachments

• VSN_Club Points Benefits_Aug2022.pdf
    529.3 KB · Views: 743
  • Abound-by-Marriott-Vacations-Exchange-Procedures.pdf
    431.8 KB · Views: 429
  • Westin_Sheraton_PointsCharts.pdf
    928.8 KB · Views: 1,451
Last edited:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Not happy with the change in banking. That is huge. Probably the number one feature we used.

Think they would relent as they did with the guest fees if there is enough of a pushback?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
  • Please be aware that when using Club Points with Interval, you may only place an External Exchange request for resorts that are not affiliated with Abound by Marriott Vacations™. This is because you have access to the Abound internal exchange network that allows you to reserve a resort in the Abound network using Club Points, so there is not a requirement to exchange through Interval.
This one may impact Marriott owners using Club Points too. Looks like you won't be able to exchange into any Marriott or Vistana property with Club Points.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
I managed a less-pretty pdf version of all the FAQs so you can have something to take with you or share with a friend. ;)

Attachments

• VSN Abound FAQs.pdf
    265.8 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This one may impact Marriott owners using Club Points too. Looks like you won't be able to exchange into any Marriott or Vistana property with Club Points.
Yes, it would seem to add Vistana properties to the current Marriott prohibition for anyone using MVC/Club points. But at least now you can book both through II with your Vistana ownership for no exchange fee starting 2023...yeah!
  • Separate internal exchange fees (requests to exclusively go to other Vistana and Marriott Vacation Club resorts) through Interval International will not be charged if you pay annual Club Dues for Abound usage.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
There are also a lot more video tutorials for Vistana owners.
Clearly some of this was intended to be relevant when we had a more functioning system. One of the videos indicates you can determine your Club Point election value on the Owner Dashboard, but I can't find it.

Then there is this from a video;
1661345725035.png

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Not happy with the change in banking. That is huge. Probably the number one feature we used.

Think they would relent as they did with the guest fees if there is enough of a pushback?

Yes, anyone with 10K Points or less will only have 1 year to use banked Staroptions (after 2025), while owners with 10K-15K points will have 18 months.

They are clearly aware this is a sensitive issue since they did not make the change immediate like everything else.

And all the Elite levels lose 1-2 months on the banking deadline:
3-Star (~Executive) will be Aug 31 instead of Oct 1
4-Star (~Presidential) will be Aug 31 instead of Oct 1
5-Star (~Chairman) will be Oct 31 instead of Dec 31

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, anyone with 10K Points or less will only have 1 year to use banked Staroptions (after 2025), while owners with 10K-15K points will have 18 months.

They are clearly aware this is a sensitive issue since they did not make the change immediate like everything else.

And all the Elite levels lose 1-2 months on the banking deadline:
3-Star (~Executive) will be Aug 31 instead of Oct 1
4-Star (~Presidential) will be Aug 31 instead of Oct 1
5-Star (~Chairman) will be Oct 31 instead of Dec 31
The banking deadline was probably the biggest feature we used.

I guess I will have to accelerate my plans to take over my parents TS weeks (we are in the process of adding my name to their, although it will make more sense now just to move it into that of me and my spouse.)

currently I’m sitting at 9100 annualized points, so just below presidential. If I add their weeks I think I’ll hit around 13,000 for presidential. Is it then worth dropping an extra $20k for a WFlex contract to get me over the 15k point mark?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Is it then worth dropping an extra $20k for a WFlex contract to get me over the 15k point mark?
It may be, but we really don't know how that will work. I suspect they will always have reaquired Flex contracts they need to resell, but you might have to push to buy one as all the sales centers will be moving to selling Abound Club Points if they haven't already. If they figure out a way to somehow move that reaquired Flex into the trust (which I don't think they will), then you may be out of luck and have to buy 2K trust points.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't like this one:

Can the value of my VOI increase or decrease?
  • The value of your VOI is generally based on the relative demand in the system for the inventory you own. Factors include, but may not be limited to, the specific resort, season, and size of accommodation owned.
  • There is a possibility that the Club Points attributable to your VOI could increase or decrease.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It may be, but we really don't know how that will work. I suspect they will always have reaquired Flex contracts they need to resell, but you might have to push to buy one as all the sales centers will be moving to selling Abound Club Points if they haven't already. If they figure out a way to somehow move that reaquired Flex into the trust (which I don't think they will), then you may be out of luck and have to buy 2K trust points.
Buying 2k trust points might be cheaper (14 k resale). I wonder if you would have to pay an extra club fee if you own in both sides? 2000 is a useless amount unless I used it to add on a few days to a SO reservation - but availability will be a problem.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just one Club fee if you own both systems and don't opt out of the combined fee...

"Many VSN Members will enjoy savings from paying one annual Club Dues fee (based on their new Owner benefit level) rather than paying both Club Dues with Marriott Vacation Club and a VSN fee."

tamu_bu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
A lot to digest for sure. I like the new club dues. Whether I save money or not I just like the fact that there's not a fee for any and every single transaction.

I can't help but feel resorts will increase maintenance fees to cover housekeeping. The payment is included in the club fee but I don't see it leaving MVC and trickling down. Resorts will end up with lost revenue.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Is it then worth dropping an extra $20k for a WFlex contract to get me over the 15k point mark?

IMO, No - the current differences between Presidential and Chairman are minimal (basically those extra 6 months for banking). Otherwise there is nothing additional meaningful (e.g. early checkin, late checkout) like we have in VSN. Here is a side-by-side comparison.

Is it worth paying ~$15K so that once every few years you get an extra 6 months to use banked points (and Staroptions)?

1661347297197.png

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I wonder if you would have to pay an extra club fee if you own in both sides?

Not according to the FAQs - ownership level and club dues are based on combined number of club points. That's assuming you don't opt out.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the question is for an existing Abound owner, whether there is an additional VSN club dues when you acquire mandatory resale weeks in the future.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For me personally, the give and take of the changes tilts heavily to the give side based upon what I own and how I travel. I'll be savings lots of money through fees and leveraging sweet spots in Abound, VSN and II to use the least ownership to get the most travel...it helps being mostly a low or shoulder season traveler. I'm chuffed....bring it on already!!

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Buying 2k trust points might be cheaper (14 k resale). I wonder if you would have to pay an extra club fee if you own in both sides? 2000 is a useless amount unless I used it to add on a few days to a SO reservation - but availability will be a problem.

My VSN fees get billed to my WKV weeks. But if I elect to have them enrolled then I suspect I will still have to pay that fee via HRA, which I don't even have the option to enroll?

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the question is for an existing Abound owner, whether there is an additional VSN club dues when you acquire mandatory resale weeks in the future.
Those future resales would still pay the combined VSN fee (same rate as Abound Club fee but they call it something else) so would still be one fee unless they opt out of the combined fee on the VSN side and just pay the standard $170. In that case they would have to pay the MVC combined club fee as well. It's all in the details of the FAQ, though you have to piece it together.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Those future resales would still pay the combined VSN fee (same rate as Abound Club fee but they call it something else) so would still be one fee unless they opt out of the combined fee on the VSN side and just pay the standard $170. It's all in the details of the FAQ.
Thank you! I didn't get that far in the FAQ as my brain shutdown after a page of reading. :)

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
IMO, No - the current differences between Presidential and Chairman are minimal (basically those extra 6 months for banking). Otherwise there is nothing additional meaningful (e.g. early checkin, late checkout) like we have in VSN. Here is a side-by-side comparison.

Is it worth paying ~$15K so that once every few years you get an extra 6 months to use banked points (and Staroptions)?

View attachment 63306
Even the 1.5 years vs 2 years is a big difference. With kids in school we look at having to take a large chunk of our vacation in July/August. 1.5 years means we would have to use up the banked points by June 30 of the following year. Not much difference there.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Even the 1.5 years vs 2 years is a big difference. With kids in school we look at having to take a large chunk of our vacation in July/August. 1.5 years means we would have to use up the banked points by June 30 of the following year. Not much difference there.

I do agree it makes a difference. But is it worth paying $15K for that (thus rewarding them for taking away a benefit you already had)?

Last edited:

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you're chuffed, you're a Brit. Am I right?
Good catch! But I'm not. :cool:

I spend the first 18 months of the pandemic stranded in NZ and ended up with a great circle of Brits, Aussies and Kiwis as friends so my head is full of all kinds of those words and expressions...I like it.