• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

74 Nights (Need 1 More)

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
So. My Marriott Bonvoy status as of today has 74 nights in 2019. I am only 1 shy of getting to 75, which enables the extra Marriott Choice Benefit. Only problem, I think my travel for the year is over. :/

Any thoughts on how to get that 1 extra night?

- I'm on the old MR Chase Premier card...which I think gives an extra night for every $1k in spend? Just not sure how quickly that posts? Perhaps I pre-pay my Christmas gift bill?
- Use a free hotel reward locally, check-in. Seems like a waste of an award
- Book a cheap hotel locally, check-in.
- Call MR Plat...and beg for 1 extra night credit free :)

Any other ideas from the MR Bonvoy experts?

Is the hard date cutoff for this Dec 31st, or does it extend at all into Jan?

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay Chase as they admit it takes 4-6 weeks for CC spend nights to appear on the Marriott Bonvoy account. I would burn the free night locally, as you can track it and guarantee it is a credited night. I will be getting my 50th night in Virginia Beach on 12/28. Don't need to be there, but the rate is $95/night. Good getaway from Williamsburg, and the restaurant selection is great. What we do for status. :rolleyes:

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Depending on what it is worth to you, the quickest way is to either use the reward (which you don't want to do) or book the nearest hotel as you mentioned.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mattress run... plain and simple. Book points in lowest category and check-in/check-out. No other way to guarantee without jumping through a bunch of hoops.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you receive your Birthday Elite night credit?
You need to have added your Birthday to your Bonvoy account and be registered to receive promotions.
This night does not always get automatically credited for some unknown reason.
I have just had to ask for mine to be added for this year.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If it were me and I knew that next year that Plat status would be beneficial....I would be seeking out the cheapest room in my general area to check in (but most likely not stay) for the night.

jonmaiman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any place nearby that is good for a staycation to enjoy the holidays? Even someplace that would make your holiday shopping easier by staying nearby? Bottomline, either for cash or points, you need to stay one more night. If/how you use the night is up to you. You just need to check in (in person). This late in the year, that is the only option available to you.

--Jon

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was in the same situation and reserved an inexpensive room for one night. However, I never received my birthday elite night credit, so I sent Marriott an email and voila my night was added.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Thanks everyone! I am Titanium either way, given my MVC Presidential status. Real perk here is the extra choice benefit at 75 days. I selected suite night upgrades in 2019 and struggled to use them. Just not sure if it is worth going out of my way for the extra 1 night.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am Titanium either way, given my MVC Presidential status. Real perk here is the extra choice benefit at 75 days. I selected suite night upgrades in 2019 and struggled to use them. Just not sure if it is worth going out of my way for the extra 1 night.
I never managed to use the 5 SNAs this year.
The 1 Free Night was very useful though.
I tried unsuccessfully to use one of the SNAs with the Free Night, but I did get a good upgrade anyway as Lifetime Titanium. So I am really not sure how much value the SNAs might have for me.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
- I'm on the old MR Chase Premier card...which I think gives an extra night for every $1k in spend? Just not sure how quickly that posts? Perhaps I pre-pay my Christmas gift bill?

The nights credit from the old Chase Visa posts a couple days after the billing cycle date on your card. My bill cycles on or about the 14th of each month, so the additional elite nights generally hit my Bonvoy account on or around the 16th or 17th of each month. I just used that spend to hit 50 nights on my account this past week. I presume any charges that hit after the Dec 14 cycle date will be credited to 2020 since they will be associated with the January 14 bill.

And its one night for every $3,000 in spend, not $1,000.