• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

70 is the new 30 when it comes to our brains

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
New research shows there are a lot of misconceptions about what happens to our brains as we age!

The first: Aging means cognitive decline.
Your brain may slow down and shrink a bit, which could affect your ability to retrieve certain information quickly, but abstract thinking, which triggers math ability, language, and problem solving improves with age.

Another myth: Older people can’t learn new things.
Your brain is capable of changing at any age.

Fallacy number three: Older people forget things more often than younger people.
It’s just that when a younger person walks into a room and forgets why, they don’t worry about it. When a 70-year old forgets where they left their keys, they automatically think they’re losing their mind.

Last myth: There’s nothing you can do to protect your brain.
Exercise, a healthy diet, getting enough sleep, and being socially active have all shown to boost brain power.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
As a 70-year-old that is good news!! I have always said that part of the problem with remembering something, is the time it takes to find where we actually stored it. We have so many more facts, memories and experiences stored in there than some 20-year-old. It is sort of like the difference in time it takes to retrieve a book from a two-shelf library in a rural schoolhouse, compared to finding something in the Library of Congress!!! Just my take...LOL. ;)

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
My brain is aging I know. I'm 57. At work, I used to not even reread a transcript of a 4 hour long meeting/witness interview. Now, I don't recall some things discussed. I know not to "trust" myself anymore and reread/take notes. It's definitely related to hearing/oral interaction.
Abstract reasoning is fine.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I wish it were also true of knees.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are other appendages that come to mind. :cool:

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House