• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

7,000 (12,540 add. pts banked) Points For Worldmark For FREE

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Please know that Worldmark does NOT have to be given away free. There is a strong resale market for this product.

Edited to add one trusted reseller, through whom I've both purchased and experienced satisfactory referral transactions: RedSeason.com

Last edited:

lauramiddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Justin,

If there is not loan balance (i.e. the timeshare is paid for) this timeshare is worth at least $2100 plus the buyer pays the transfer fee. Please see wmowners.com for more information about Worldmark.

I just purchased a resale worldmark at what I consider a bargin. I paid .31 cents/contact point, plus 6 cents per accumulated points, plus $299 fee from Timeshare Angels (they have a website - just google)

In addition to Timeshare Angels, there are other resellers that specialize in Worldmark that can handle all the logistics of transferring this timeshare to a new buyer.

Good luck.

jowen1919

Reaction score
thanks

thank you both!

What is resale for shell vacations 2,500 points based in Hawaii? thanks again!

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you both!

What is resale for shell vacations 2,500 points based in Hawaii? thanks again!

Shell isn't worth anything. I'm giving away my 5,000 points and nobody wants it.

I did just transfer my Worldmark to a broker who is paying me exactly what I wanted for it. wmcredits.net if you are interested in checking them out. If you fill out their form online about inquiring about selling your worldmark, they will respond within 24 hours with an exact quote and an exact date you will have your check by. Very reputable and I've done business with them before.

EDIT: Delete your first post so you don't get a million people wanting it for free. If you are past the edit time, message a moderator here and have them edit it for you.

jowen1919

Reaction score
thanks presley. any reason why worldmark is worth money but shell isnt? shell seems to have nicer properties? at least in hawaii..

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
thanks presley. any reason why worldmark is worth money but shell isnt? shell seems to have nicer properties? at least in hawaii..
At least part of the reason comes down to "well managed maintenance fees." WM has a long track record of lower dues -- while still providing well maintained properties and units.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

At least part of the reason comes down to "well managed maintenance fees." WM has a long track record of lower dues -- while still providing well maintained properties and units.

As rhonda mentioned, it's mostly about the annual fees. Shell has extremely high MFs, while Worldmark has very low MFs. Also, Worldmark is not Wyndham owned, only Wyndham managed. When Wyndham bought Shell, they took away things like daily housekeeping, free breakfasts and raised the annual fees.

Worldmark also doesn't charge for any reservations/cancellations. Shell only allows 2 free per year and then charges.

You are correct that Shell has better properties in general. They charge a lot for that, though.

You can actually transfer your banked Worldmark fees to another owner for about .06/credit. There are instructions on wmowners.com on how to do that. That would get you $750. immediately and you could still sell your membership and make +/- $2,000, if you sell it yourself, or a little less if you use a broker.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
As rhonda mentioned, it's mostly about the annual fees. Shell has extremely high MFs, while Worldmark has very low MFs. Also, Worldmark is not Wyndham owned, only Wyndham managed. When Wyndham bought Shell, they took away things like daily housekeeping, free breakfasts and raised the annual fees.

Worldmark also doesn't charge for any reservations/cancellations. Shell only allows 2 free per year and then charges.

You are correct that Shell has better properties in general. They charge a lot for that, though.

You can actually transfer your banked Worldmark fees to another owner for about .06/credit. There are instructions on wmowners.com on how to do that. That would get you $750. immediately and you could still sell your membership and make +/- $2,000, if you sell it yourself, or a little less if you use a broker.

Wyndham owns Worldmark the same way they own Shell argue same way they own club Wyndham
They own the development rights and the right to sell credits (or points) and they are the manager of the clubs

When you say Wyndham doesn't own Worldmark that's true as far as it goes which is only as far as the ownership of the property Wyndham doesn't own the properties which is the case with Shell and Club Wyndham too. We owners own the property. Wyndham sold it to us

The only reason they Worldmark credits have value on the secondary market is what's already been said here. Maintenance fees are cheap

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
As rhonda mentioned, it's mostly about the annual fees. Shell has extremely high MFs, while Worldmark has very low MFs...

I also own 7K WM points for ~15 years and I am still pretty pleased with it in general. However, this post got me thinking. While WM is considered "low" in maintenance fee by popular beliefs, I am not sure that I can agree any more. 7000 points won't even get me a full week in a 1BR unit in high seaon, while my Hawaii timeshare costs $510 in maintenance fee and I get 50 TPUs when deposited into RCI. WM MF is inching up significantly ever since Wyndham acquired it. The day of low MF is pretty much over...

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also own 7K WM points for ~15 years and I am still pretty pleased with it in general. However, this post got me thinking. While WM is considered "low" in maintenance fee by popular beliefs, I am not sure that I can agree any more. 7000 points won't even get me a full week in a 1BR unit in high seaon, while my Hawaii timeshare costs $510 in maintenance fee and I get 50 TPUs when deposited into RCI. WM MF is inching up significantly ever since Wyndham acquired it. The day of low MF is pretty much over...
What Hawaii timeshare do you own? That is a *great* MF for Hawaii!!

I think the problem you are encountering is that WM charges too many WM credits for small-sized units, relative to the charge for a two-bedroom. WM also charges a relatively high number of credits for off-season units, relative to peak season units.

The cost in credits (and therefore, the MF) for a two-bedroom in peak season is good. However, there aren't really enough two-bedroom peak season units to meet demand, since these units are priced so reasonably compared to smaller units and off-season times. But the problem isn't severe enough to destroy the resale market for WM credits.

Another reason WM has a strong resale market is that WM explicitly allows members to rent one-time use of their credits to other members. This is a huge benefit, as no WM member ever has to get stuck with a week of timeshare that they can't use. (Members can just rent out their excess credits to another member.)

I have to say, I'm glad that Tuggers told the OP his WM contract has value. I would have been bummed if someone had actually given away a WM contract, and I had missed out!

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have to say, I'm glad that Tuggers told the OP his WM contract has value. I would have been bummed if someone had actually given away a WM contract, and I had missed out!
Ah, I must admit that I had to think about my response for a moment. I began dreaming of how I'd love to use a second account to snag more Bonus Time, Inventory Specials, etc. Then my former employer's Ethics Training kicked in ... "do the right thing." Sigh. ;)