• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

657,000 UDI resale points ... to VIP

scot111

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

I recently purchased a 657,000 Wyndham UDI resale points contract.
how can I use this ... to get to the VIP program?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
The standard answer is it will count as zero points towards VIP tiers.
Resales don’t count towards VIP tiers

Technically if you bought a foreclosure or piggyback contract direct from Wyndham you could call it a resale contract that would count towards VIP tiers but that’s not what we typically consider a resale contract.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
resale points do not count toward VIP.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

I recently purchased a 657,000 Wyndham UDI resale points contract.
how can I use this ... to get to the VIP program?
You can buy enough points plus PIC some other units if you have them to get to VIP (not counting the resale points) and then your resale points will enjoy most of the benefits of VIP (upgrades and discounts).

scot111

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
so I guess ... the best way to get to Wyndham VIP status with resales is with PIC units?
so it would be easier to have 2 red week 3 bedroom fixed week Gold Crown Resort timeshares,
then buy enough Wyndham developer points to make me VIP?

WyndhamWyzrd

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Clearwater Beach Resort
Stormy Point Branson
LOOKING FOR Hyatt Sunset Harbor
so I guess ... the best way to get to Wyndham VIP status with resales is with PIC units?
so it would be easier to have 2 red week 3 bedroom fixed week Gold Crown Resort timeshares,
then buy enough Wyndham developer points to make me VIP?

This is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Or you could get adopted by a VIP or marry a VIP and they could transfer their VIP account to you.

Wyndham has closed a lot of loop holes that could get you to VIP cheaper and if any of them are still open, thems that know about it are keeping their mouths shut lest Wyndham discover it and close that loop hole too.

scot111

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Or you could get adopted by a VIP or marry a VIP and they could transfer their VIP account to you.

Wyndham has closed a lot of loop holes that could get you to VIP cheaper and if any of them are still open, thems that know about it are keeping their mouths shut lest Wyndham discover it and close that loop hole too.

what about simply reaching a mutually beneficial agreement with a VIP owner and getting on their contract?

JJVGHNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought retail points and at same time filled out 2 PIC contracts for two 4 bedrooms at Woodstone Meadows at massanutten, for example, while not yet owning them? And salesman saying it would be fine, but thinking he pretended that we already owned them while writing PIC contracts with boss. And if so, did it get caught along the way? Anyone do this and have PIC properties accepted? Or rejected? I assume you'd have to own them before signing PIC contracts. And I know you only need 3 bedrooms, but just using 4 as an example.
Thanks!

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought retail points and at same time filled out 2 PIC contracts for two 4 bedrooms at Woodstone Meadows at massanutten, for example, while not yet owning them? And salesman saying it would be fine, but thinking he pretended that we already owned them while writing PIC contracts with boss. And if so, did it get caught along the way? Anyone do this and have PIC properties accepted? Or rejected? I assume you'd have to own them before signing PIC contracts. And I know you only need 3 bedrooms, but just using 4 as an example.
Thanks!

You must be at Grest Smokies. Lol

I rescinded a contract with that lie. We bought our properties and then brought them in the correct way. And from what I hear, Wyndham isn't allowing just anything even though in RCI. I would be absolutely positive that they will be accepted. They absolutely check and they periodically check.

JJVGHNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not Great Smokies, but excellent guess! Fairfield Glade. Did your sales guy's name start with an M, and end with an E?
We rescinded but they did check and said the 4 bed Woodstone Meadows is PIC plus eligible, as of last week at least! Hopefully by the time I properly own 2 of them they still qualify, but I will be 100% sure before buying the minimum retail to PIC them.
Thanks.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought retail points and at same time filled out 2 PIC contracts for two 4 bedrooms at Woodstone Meadows at massanutten, for example, while not yet owning them? And salesman saying it would be fine, but thinking he pretended that we already owned them while writing PIC contracts with boss. And if so, did it get caught along the way? Anyone do this and have PIC properties accepted?
We did exactly that a few years ago. Made a purchase & enrolled the PICs the same day the PICs seller signed the purchase agreement.
We had no problems & the salesman said the PICs wouldn’t be verified for 3-6 months.

Would I do that today? No! Especially with the changes that Richelle & Hitchhiker pointed out recently

JJVGHNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out. I understood the PIC deal when we went in, and said I would only buy points to enroll PICs, but I hadn't even bid for them on eBay yet, let alone have the deeds! And still, that seemed to be OK, and the timeshares I didn't own were enrolled in PIC plus! They did call to verify, but couldn't, so just go ahead and buy points, and we will verify later. Fortunately I realized that that didn't seem right when I walked out, so I began reading more TUG, and texted salesman to ask for something in writing that PICs would be 100% assured of working, and of course got nothing. I did get 2 phone calls saying that this had worked before and so would be fine now. Ten days to rescind, I sent my certified letter today, day 6.
Thanks to all who had posted about this along the way.

scot111

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Perhaps the more important question: why do you want to get to a VIP level?

Good question ... how much added value would there really be for me? everyone's situation is different.
In theory ... it could almost double the program. but it could also require doubling my overall investment from where it is now.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good question ... how much added value would there really be for me? everyone's situation is different.
In theory ... it could almost double the program. but it could also require doubling my overall investment from where it is now.
So the answer is: You don't know why you want it. In that case, my advice is to just stop worrying about it.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

what about simply reaching a mutually beneficial agreement with a VIP owner and getting on their contract?
Would this be considered a piggyback contract to achieving VIP status?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Would this be considered a piggyback contract to achieving VIP status?

Not in the traditional use of the term. Usually a piggyback contract/purchase is one at retail, and a second contract at a larger discount.