• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

(9/6 - Still can't send a confirmation) The Vistana/Marriott Reservation System is a disaster.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I will split it up during half-time. ;)

Dave - try reserving 6/16 Ka'anapali and see if it times out (it doesn't matter if you actually have a week available to reserve or not.)

GO WARRIORS!
Basketball makes me so nervous (compared to other sports)

I will try - I have a HR resort reservation available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I will split it up during half-time. ;)

Dave - try reserving 6/16 Ka'anapali and see if it times out (it doesn't matter if you actually have a week available to reserve or not.)

I am getting Time Out for all reservations right now - including Princeville HomeResort and StarOptions.

I have been in discussions with Marriott Advocacy Dept - while they won’t discuss directly - I get an idea that the online migration is not going well with a Marriott reservation system created decades ago.

I assume a TimeOut is Marriott IT working on the system. IMO

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Folks - please focus on the Villa Finder problems in this thread. Thank you!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I retried searches at 9pm PST - 12 months out - still getting Time Out.

And WARRIORS!!!
Curry finally gets his MVP!

Last edited:

Pipercub925

TUG Member
Reaction score
Been trying to make a reservation on Vistana for almost two hours now, started right at midnight, and every time all I get is Request Timeout, we’re sorry, it seems we are experiencing a system issue. Please try again. I know this was a problem for a long time a few months ago, but very frustrating it’s still happening! I’m curious if this is a system malfunction, and no one can make a reservation, or is the system just overloaded, and only a few get on to make a reservation? I’ve really gotten where I hate to call with questions, because no one seems to know anything anymore! practically everything I ask about, they tell me they have to go look at their notes, or contact someone else to get the answer, and this is the elite phone number! Things really seem to have gone downhill!

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was getting this all day today and thought maybe it was just me. Something is afoot if it is all of a sudden happening again after being ok for weeks.

LJT

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The last time it was around when it was time to book President’s week in Maui at 12 month. Now is time to book Maui at 8 months. Hmmmm. My spidey senses are tingling!!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If system load was an issue, I wouldn't expect this time out to happen at all times of the day, just at times of expected heavy load (midnight ET). What is happening right now is like there is some kind of disconnect between the front end and the database resulting in an instant error.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A phone Rep just told me that they are aware of the Villa Finder issues and it's due to the system merger. He said it might be fixed next week, but they don't really know. BTW - I think they are outsourcing the phone services now, or maybe these are Marriott folks. No complaints though - pleasant and professional.

Pipercub925

TUG Member
Reaction score
After trying for 2 hours last night, and again first thing this morning, and still getting the Request Timeout message, I called when the customer service phone line opened. The person I spoke to said she has not been given any information about a problem with the system, or it having a problem, but did say she said she suspects it is due to the system being overloaded with people trying to make reservations at 8 months, because Feb. is such a popular time in Hawaii. She seemed fairly knowledgeable about the reservation system and how it works, which hasn't always been the case with many of the customer service reps I've spoken to over the past few months. Really frustrating the online system was like this months ago, and now it is doing it again!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Still getting same Time Out on all searches (HR and SO) for WKORV and WPORV.

I am sure they are aware.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
I'm not sure if it can be trusted but if it can I'm seeing some patterns on the WKORVN Availability Calendar that I don't think I have never seen before. November through February almost every week is showing no availability on Saturdays but full availability every other day of the week. I know Saturdays are the popular arrival/departure day but in the past the unavailability has also been spread across the rest of the week.

TARIE7291

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC OKW, Westin Lagunamar
I'm not sure if it can be trusted but if it can I'm seeing some patterns on the WKORVN Availability Calendar that I don't think I have never seen before. November through February almost every week is showing no availability on Saturdays but full availability every other day of the week. I know Saturdays are the popular arrival/departure day but in the past the unavailability has also been spread across the rest of the week.
I agree I’ve seen this for the last month. There is availability Sunday thru Friday but every Saturday is not available. I’ve never seen anything like this.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Seems like blaming the server and infrastructure is a common theme from companies that don’t want to accept blame these days. I would be very surprised if their systems cannot handle the relatively minor number of concurrent connections at midnight or any other time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vistana has 250,000 owners. How could the number of people who log in at the same time be the problem?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
FWIW - I am seeing June 2023 WKORV 1Bd OFD on the villa finder.
Also, May 2023 is available.

Last edited:

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
I was able to book Lagunamar for next Feb. yesterday with no problems. I had forgotten what day it was and booked in the late am. No problems at the 8 month mark.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Not working for me:

RESERVATION
DETAILS
Arrival date: Saturday, June 17, 2023

Departure date: Saturday, June 24, 2023, 7 nights

Check-in: 4 p.m.

Check-out: 10 a.m.

Villa Type: 2 Bedroom Villa Plantation, Gold Plus

Maximum Occupancy: 8

Result ID: 473BB6

Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

pathways25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not working for me:

RESERVATION
DETAILS
Arrival date: Saturday, June 17, 2023

Departure date: Saturday, June 24, 2023, 7 nights

Check-in: 4 p.m.

Check-out: 10 a.m.

Villa Type: 2 Bedroom Villa Plantation, Gold Plus

Maximum Occupancy: 8

Result ID: 473BB6

Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.
I'm getting that same response for Harborside where I own many units. It's so unfair since if I can't book online, the best I can do is call at 9AM ET and hope there is still inventory for popular weeks.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I'm getting that same response for Harborside where I own many units. It's so unfair since if I can't book online, the best I can do is call at 9AM ET and hope there is still inventory for popular weeks.

"so unfair"? Try having that experience from the west coast, where we would need to call at 6am. Or from Hawaii at 3am...