• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

(9/6 - Still can't send a confirmation) The Vistana/Marriott Reservation System is a disaster.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Yes, the day prior...
But if you have to call because you get that error message, it can be most inconvenient, and that was the poster's entire point about having to call at 3 AM Hawaii time.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
But if you have to call because you get that error message, it can be most inconvenient, and that was the poster's entire point about having to call at 3 AM Hawaii time.

Perhaps you didn’t read my earlier post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I was worried that the system would be going wonky tonight as it is the first night that a home reservation (OF) at WKORV/N could be booked for the 4th of July week.

I must say this was one of the smoothest booking experiences I've had. I had my confirmation at 12:00:40 - so that is 40 seconds after the window opened. Hopefully, we get a good room placement.

Now I just need to wait for the 9-month mark to add on an extra HGVC week on the Big Island or Oahu.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I was worried that the system would be going wonky tonight as it is the first night that a home reservation (OF) at WKORV/N could be booked for the 4th of July week.

I must say this was one of the smoothest booking experiences I've had. I had my confirmation at 12:00:40 - so that is 40 seconds after the window opened. Hopefully, we get a good room placement.

Now I just need to wait for the 9-month mark to add on an extra HGVC week on the Big Island or Oahu.

Same for me. I booked a week at WKORVN beginning June 30, 2023 and it went through without a glitch!

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Email received today from Vistana:

Vistana Signature Experiences Logo

Dear valued Owner,

I am reaching out to share a renewed commitment to your future ownership experience. The last two years have been challenging, and if we’ve learned anything, it’s that our Owners want to go on vacation and continue to spend time with those who matter most.

Service Enhancements
As you know, ownership is not only about the place you vacation but also about the service you receive. Most recently, we have worked diligently to bring our Marriott Vacation Club®, Sheraton® Vacation Club, and Westin® Vacation Club products together to give Owners even more options. To support these efforts, a series of digital enhancements are needed to integrate the website and mobile app that Owners use. The goal is to deliver a better online experience, making it easier for you to search, book, and manage your vacations.

These enhancements will require periodic technology and systems upgrades, some of which may result in outages and downtimes. As part of this modernization effort, steps are also being taken to combine online upgrades more efficiently, reducing the impact on you and other Owners.

We are proactively sharing this with you and ask for your patience during this time. In the coming weeks, you will notice updates on scheduled maintenance and outages on the Owner website and app you use to help keep you better informed.

With Gratitude
We are excited to bring our premium vacation club brands together and improve service to valued Owners like you. Your ownership and vacation experiences are about to get even better.

Thank you for your continued ownership. We look forward to sharing more detailed information with you.

To More Vacation Possibilities,

Ron Essig
Senior Vice President, Global Owner Services
Marriott Vacations Worldwide​

brandbar-email-spacer.gif

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Here it is - couldn’t see the one above

Dear valued Owner,

I am reaching out to share a renewed commitment to your future ownership experience. The last two years have been challenging, and if we’ve learned anything, it’s that our Owners want to go on vacation and continue to spend time with those who matter most.

Service Enhancements
As you know, ownership is not only about the place you vacation but also about the service you receive. Most recently, we have worked diligently to bring our Marriott Vacation Club, Sheraton Vacation Club, and Westin Vacation Club products together to give Owners even more options. To support these efforts, a series of digital enhancements are needed to integrate the website and mobile app that Owners use. The goal is to deliver a better online experience, making it easier for you to search, book, and manage your vacations.

These enhancements will require periodic technology and systems upgrades, some of which may result in outages and downtimes. As part of this modernization effort, steps are also being taken to combine online upgrades more efficiently, reducing the impact on you and other Owners.

We are proactively sharing this with you and ask for your patience during this time. In the coming weeks, you will notice updates on scheduled maintenance and outages on the Owner website and app you use to help keep you better informed.

With Gratitude
We are excited to bring our premium vacation club brands together and improve service to valued Owners like you. Your ownership and vacation experiences are about to get even better.

Thank you for your continued ownership. We look forward to sharing more detailed information with you.

To More Vacation Possibilities,

Ron Essig
Senior Vice President, Global Owner Services
Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
We received our email (same content) at 1:03am EDT.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Identical to the one Marriott owners received yesterday. They were smart not to address it to a particular program so they could just swap the logo at the top of the email ;)

tstiv1996

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV-Bella
Getting timeouts right before the window opens for my trip........ working all week then crashes right when its my time... frustrating

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Vistana just gave me timeouts at 9:00pm and 1 second. It was working perfectly at 8:58pm when I tried to refresh and make sure login is ok. So frustrating!

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA, WMH, WDW, SDO, SMV, WLR, (WFlex-no more, sold)
Seems like another big DOWNGRADE for the system. I only went back about 5 pages, and didn't see anything, but now when I search for a SO reservation the system will not let me see availability beyond 8 months. So if I want to see if there is possibly an OF unit in Maui available in the off season to book w/SO, I now have to stay up till midnight at the 8 month mark just to see if it's available. The system used to show availability (or not) so I at least knew if it was worth staying up. I hate this downgrade, even less transparency. Way to go Marriott....thanks for nothing.

WI GAL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOR South, Maui
Hanalei Bay, Kauai
Aruba Surf Club
Seems like another big DOWNGRADE for the system. I only went back about 5 pages, and didn't see anything, but now when I search for a SO reservation the system will not let me see availability beyond 8 months. So if I want to see if there is possibly an OF unit in Maui available in the off season to book w/SO, I now have to stay up till midnight at the 8 month mark just to see if it's available. The system used to show availability (or not) so I at least knew if it was worth staying up. I hate this downgrade, even less transparency. Way to go Marriott....thanks for nothing.
I noticed this recently also and yes, it is a huge downgrade. If I wanted to look beyond 8 mo it was also nice to have an idea if I could possibly try to book say 10 days instead of maybe 7 so when the 8 mo time came around and least a day or 2 earlier I'd have an idea what to put in at midnight if I should try for the 10 because if not even a chance that I have no idea how many days to put in and by the time I do a second try for less days availability will be gone. Can't believe they took that "possibility" planning tool away!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yeah, there was a prior discussion here about this issue. They seem to have restricted StarOption searches to only be able to see availability inside the 8 month window. We can no longer see what may be available out there to book when the window opens.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I noticed this recently also and yes, it is a huge downgrade. If I wanted to look beyond 8 mo it was also nice to have an idea if I could possibly try to book say 10 days instead of maybe 7 so when the 8 mo time came around and least a day or 2 earlier I'd have an idea what to put in at midnight if I should try for the 10 because if not even a chance that I have no idea how many days to put in and by the time I do a second try for less days availability will be gone. Can't believe they took that "possibility" planning tool away!
Yes. Nothing good has happened since Marriott acquired SPG, either hotel side nor timeshare side. So don't expect good stuffs will happen to Vistana owners after Abound is officially released. Things will get worst, just like what's happening to all the SPG hotels so far.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Yes. Nothing good has happened since Marriott acquired SPG, either hotel side nor timeshare side. So don't expect good stuffs will happen to Vistana owners after Abound is officially released. Things will get worst, just like what's happening to all the SPG hotels so far.

Interesting prediction from 7/13.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
No timeouts, just couldn't finish the booking. I'm sure I can count from my browser history, but I spent 67mins retrying, so I'm going to guess 100+ times and it would continue to error out on the last confirmation step with "Uh oh, we're experiencing technical problems. Please try confirming your reservation request again." Useless message.

I finally just tried to type in my name/details as the guest instead of choosing it from the owners list it provided, and voila, it worked. I can't say if that means it worked because of the name being manually entered (only difference I didn't enter a middle initial) or if it was just luck of the draw that it succeeded that last time.

I notice the search result ID changed quite often. Each of those uniquely identifies a unit, correct? So I'm guessing that i'm about the 10th unit in order of priority, for which I'll be beyond ticked if my deluxe (corner) unit ends up on the first floor because of whatever was causing the error.

ARGH

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
No timeouts, just couldn't finish the booking. I'm sure I can count from my browser history, but I spent 67mins retrying, so I'm going to guess 100+ times and it would continue to error out on the last confirmation step with "Uh oh, we're experiencing technical problems. Please try confirming your reservation request again." Useless message.

I finally just tried to type in my name/details as the guest instead of choosing it from the owners list it provided, and voila, it worked. I can't say if that means it worked because of the name being manually entered (only difference I didn't enter a middle initial) or if it was just luck of the draw that it succeeded that last time.

I notice the search result ID changed quite often. Each of those uniquely identifies a unit, correct? So I'm guessing that i'm about the 10th unit in order of priority, for which I'll be beyond ticked if my deluxe (corner) unit ends up on the first floor because of whatever was causing the error.

ARGH

Just wait. Marriott will release a new feature where you can submit your request early for a fee and it will automatically reserve when the date is released.

I probably shouldn’t have posted this concept.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
90 days!? 'Speedy' is not their name:
VSN charged our credit card twice for the Aventuras maintenance fee I paid online. When queried, they replied...
"Upon reviewing your account, I do see there is an overpayment made on August 24, 2022. I have submitted an Adjustment form to have the overpayment credited back to your Credit Card. Please be advised, that transaction can take up to 90 days to be processed back to your Credit Card."

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
90 days!? 'Speedy' is not their name:
VSN charged our credit card twice for the Aventuras maintenance fee I paid online. When queried, they replied...
"Upon reviewing your account, I do see there is an overpayment made on August 24, 2022. I have submitted an Adjustment form to have the overpayment credited back to your Credit Card. Please be advised, that transaction can take up to 90 days to be processed back to your Credit Card."
Just have them credit the overpayment over to your owner Vistana ownerships. Might be faster and easier?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
New day - same old C**P! But I know IT is hard at work!

Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 11.37.25 AM.png

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Yesterday I saw three separate days for WKORV OFD 1Bd one year away (HomeResort). This weekend and last weekend one year from now was available. Was just checking - didn’t follow through.

And was able to book 1Bd WDW (short stay) later this year using SOs.
Cheap flights from STS to Palm Springs (yeah!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA, WMH, WDW, SDO, SMV, WLR, (WFlex-no more, sold)
WOW!! After 28 days, I was finally able to log into my account today. But then...I couldn't try and make a reservation or MF payment.