• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

50% Off Interval Platinum Membership Fee

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
Thank you so much for keeping this thread going. I am with Diamond Resorts. I got a letter a while ago with the 2 for 1 platinum also and lost the letter. Randomly I tried 18005 and it worked. I had the option of 1 year of 50% off or 2 years for the price of 1. I am using the 1 year. Thanks so much to everyone.
I am a current platinum II member. I just tried the 18005 number and it worked for me. I was able to renew for 2 years at a 50% discount ($139 for two years).

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a current platinum II member. I just tried the 18005 number and it worked for me. I was able to renew for 2 years at a 50% discount ($139 for two years).
I am a current Platinum II member and tried the 18005 number and it did not work for me

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
18005 worked in my Vistana account, but did not work in my Hyatt account.

I have seen many codes that work in Vistana, but never seen anything working in Hyatt.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It works with my corporate Vistana account, which I almost never use and as echino mentioned works with many discount codes. It does not work with my personal account that has several Vistana and Marriott units along with others (yet they still always insist on transferring me to a Marriott II agent regardless of what the question or problem is even when it involves a non Marriott/vistana unit exchanging into a non Marriott/Vistana.

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I renewed my Platinum Membership last night. I was clicking through on a Getaway, and they were offering 50% off one and two year memberships. You can also go to the Membership tab.

toddvb20

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a thread that discusses the different levels of II membership? Do most people choose the "platinum level"?

Thanks!!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Is there a thread that discusses the different levels of II membership? Do most people choose the "platinum level"?

Thanks!!
I started w/ Gold and upgraded to Platinum. Since we own a resort that trades on RCI only, I didn’t want two Platinum accounts. Now it looks like I may.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Looks like I have this in our Marriott account now too. Not sure I will take advantage of it or not.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks!!

I choose platinum as I use several getaways each year, so, just 2 pays for it. I also use the Entertainment discounts, and, priority pass. Combined with lower unit upgrade fee when I trade, it's a no brainer. But many here on Tug hate trading, so, I doubt they would ever spend for platinum.

toddvb20

TUG Member
Reaction score
I choose platinum as I use several getaways each year, so, just 2 pays for it. I also use the Entertainment discounts, and, priority pass. Combined with lower unit upgrade fee when I trade, it's a no brainer. But many here on Tug hate trading, so, I doubt they would ever spend for platinum.
Thanks. Does the level of membership have an affect the trading power of the unit that you deposit?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Thanks. Does the level of membership have an affect the trading power of the unit that you deposit?
Membership level does not affect trading power.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

Thanks!!
1. Free guest certificates
2. $40 off of the unit size upgrade fee ($59 vs $99)
3. $50 off of getaways

There are other benefits, but these are the ones that are meaningful to us.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto with klpca. That is why we have kept Platinum.

One upgrade from 1br to 2br (saves $40)
One upgrade from Studio to 2br (saves $80)
Guest Certificates included (saves $69 each)
If you buy one Getaway for a Guest, (saves $50 + $69) that almost covers the (regular price) annual membership right there.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
What HudsHut said. I got Plat til 2026 with the last 2 for 1.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting (to me at least) that my Marriott Destinations Club Interval account can be upgraded to Platinum for 1/2 price, but my mandatory weeks Vistana Interval account doesn't get the discount. Go figure.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Ditto with klpca. That is why we have kept Platinum.

One upgrade from 1br to 2br (saves $40)
One upgrade from Studio to 2br (saves $80)
Guest Certificates included (saves $69 each)
If you buy one Getaway for a Guest, (saves $50 + $69) that almost covers the (regular price) annual membership right there.

Is the unit size upgrade discount still offered? I was going to upgrade and am reading everything published from II and there is no mention of that discount.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Just received a call from Interval to walk through my pending OGS. Then I asked if 2 for 1 Platinum membership renewal was available. The agent put me on hold and came back with the offer. Happily renewed Platinum for additional 2 years for $139. I will use a guest certificate next year anyway, and at least 1-2 size upgrades and 1-2 getaways. It’s no brainer to take this deal when available.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
The code worked for me going from a regular member to platinum member. If I start today will it be effective through 12/31/2022? I get 50 % off plus 4 travel bags whatever those are

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I figured. Kind of hoping for draw string backpack type bags I can bring to orlando in the winter, perfect to hold a sweatshirt for cold nights and maybe a phone charger lol. I hope I have this through 2022. Anyone use the airport lounge access?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
SVV Bella owner. I currently have Platinum purchased 18 months ago. I expire June 2020. 18005 code not working for me. I might give them a call after the first of the year and see what they can offer. I don't have anything to exchange but I have booked several Getaways for myself and friends/family so the no Guest Cert fee is helpful.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I figured. Kind of hoping for draw string backpack type bags I can bring to orlando in the winter, perfect to hold a sweatshirt for cold nights and maybe a phone charger lol. I hope I have this through 2022. Anyone use the airport lounge access?
It might be okay for that. I put the stuff they offer on par with the freebie bag (free gift) you get at the concierge desk when they try to talk you in to a presentation.

One year we signed up and it included a pair of binoculars. Garbage also. Cheap plastic crap!

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Anyone use the airport lounge access?
Airport lounge access is useless. You have to pay $27 per person per access. You will be better off getting Amex Hilton Surpass card. $95 annual fee, with Hilton gold membership and 10 times lounge accesses.