• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

50 Apps for New Droid Owners

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
50 Apps for New Droid Owners - from Phandroid.com

All these apps won't appeal to everyone but you might see some in the list that you weren't aware of.

GadgetRick & Frank - if you haven't already, check out TED - The best minds in the world give lectures on Technology, Entertainment and Design. Above all, a most informative app. Also check out MotherTed

Not on the Phandroid list - another app that blew me away with the number of choices is 'Newspapers' - if you're a world news fan, check out this app

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Forgot to mention another very useful app that wasn't on the Phandroid list -
'Voice Recorder'. Great for recording short messages or something you don't want to type in. The updated versions now allow you to add a title to your recording.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you're in need of a scientific calculator - just learned of another free app
'Droid48' which emulates the HP48 Scientific Calculator.

Also if you need an app that encryptically saves Passwords - 'KeePassDroid'

Also the app 'Google Voice' is much better retreiving contact phone numbers than the generic Droid app 'Voice Dial'.

Richard

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
50 Apps for New Droid Owners - from Phandroid.com

All these apps won't appeal to everyone but you might see some in the list that you weren't aware of.

GadgetRick & Frank - if you haven't already, check out TED - The best minds in the world give lectures on Technology, Entertainment and Design. Above all, a most informative app. Also check out MotherTed

Not on the Phandroid list - another app that blew me away with the number of choices is 'Newspapers' - if you're a world news fan, check out this app

Richard

TED is also offered as a "traditional" website. Always very thought-provoking.

Ann

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for them to give me the email functionality of Blackberry (push email with Outlook sync for email, contacts and calendar for non-gmail addresses) without having to resort to a third party vendor app...........

Ann

GadgetRick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have to check out TED.

I didn't get a chance to read the list (lots of them around these days) but here are my favorite apps on my Droid at the moment:

-ShopSavy--scan a barcode and get info about the product with pricing on the web and locally. Saved me a few bucks over the holidays.
-Google SkyMap--can use it to identify stars, planets, etc. in the night sky.
-Pandora--for streaming music.
-Tricorder--just plain cool. Uses sensors on the Droid to measure various things like magnetic fields, sound levels, etc.
-Google Places Directory--use it to find various places near your location like restaurants, bars, etc.
-Bloo-Replacement for crappy Facebook app they give you.
-Backgrounds--thousands of free backgrounds.
-Shazzam--can ID songs just by hearing them (like the iPhone app they did the commercial about). Crazy accurate.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you want 'pinch & zoom' functionality on your Droid download the free Dolphin Browser from the Market. Cool.

Richard

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NPR fans - Android now has a free NPR app for Droid. Very nice.

Thanks for the recommendation of the Tricorder site. Although the Droid camera has a GeoTag function - one can use Tricorder to GeoTag pics, in addition to other cool features.

Richard

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations. DH just purchased a Droid phone so I'm going to send him this thread to check out the recommended apps.

GadgetRick

TUG Member
Reaction score
NPR fans - Android now has a free NPR app for Droid. Very nice.

Thanks for the recommendation of the Tricorder site. Although the Droid camera has a GeoTag function - one can use Tricorder to GeoTag pics, in addition to other cool features.

Richard

Hmm, have to check out the NPR app. Thanks.

Fisch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Point at Poipu
Still waiting for them to give me the email functionality of Blackberry (push email with Outlook sync for email, contacts and calendar for non-gmail addresses) without having to resort to a third party vendor app...........

Ann

They use Microsoft Push technology, known as activesync. I have my work Outlook synced with the Hero and home computer. Just type in your activesync info (usually activesync.companyname.com) and you are up and running.
Not a third party app.

Al

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pocket Informant is Great

Pocket Informant is the best integrated calendar/planner/task organizer that I ever used on a handheld. For 6 bucks it is a steal.